MB for I9900K

AnIgnorantPerson

Limp Gawd
I am debating either buying an SL binned 5.0 GHz chip or just buying one off amazon/newegg and shipping it to him to bin and delid.

What motherboard should I get for this? I am not dead set on any board but i posted my needs below and I just need a good board and I heard a lot of good things about Aorus boards.

this is his QVL list and I was looking at Gigabyte Z390 Aorus ______ but which should I get? I want a good board but I dont need unnecessary parts.

From the looks of this Pro is the best middle ground for features and quality without unnecessary extras.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Comparison/Result/2?pids=6637,6638,6640,6641

I'll use using:
2x16GB 3200 12-12-12-34 IIRC G.Skill RAM
1-2xM.2 NVMe drives
1-3 SATAs
1 GPU
1 10GbE intel PCI NIC
3 BD drives.

Thats pretty much all I will be using.

I personally don't think it's worth paying $50 for 3-7C. A binned 5.0ghz isn't so bad of a value though. Any of those mobos would work well, gigabyte put quality VRMs in just about all of their z390 line-up.

I personally don't think it's worth paying $50 for 3-7C. A binned 5.0ghz isn't so bad of a value though. Any of those mobos would work well, gigabyte put quality VRMs in just about all of their z390 line-up.
any thoughts on my needs on if the Master is worth the extra money over the Pro? It is like $280 vs $180.

or are one of the other boards a better option?

I get your opinions on the delid for this gen. I am on the fence with the delid, to be honest.

any thoughts on my needs on if the Master is worth the extra money over the Pro? It is like $280 vs $180.

or are one of the other boards a better option?

I get your opinions on the delid for this gen. I am on the fence with the delid, to be honest.

Personally, I'd look at the additional "features." Like Furious_Styles said, GB has pretty good VRM's up and down the lineup on Z390, so I wouldn't drop an extra $100 on the Master just for better VRM's.

Look at the ultra, sits right between the master and pro, and has heat pipes on the vrms, so better cooling than the pro.

i am just going to go with the PRO and save 90 bucks. If this was AMD and you could have some sort of upgrade path I would consider a better board but it seems good enough to not waste 90 bucks for my needs.

ultra is only 10 dollars less than master which seems pointless

Last edited:
Back