Mazda Rotary Engine Returning in 2019 as EV Range Extender

Mr. nightanole, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Cookie, is that you? :p

If you don't mind less efficiency, premium fuel, unreliable power delivery, and turbo burnout. There are trade-offs to everything. Given a 400 HP NA 6.0L versus a 400HP FI 3.5L, I'll take the 6.0L every time. It's useful power band is still wider.

GM's 6.2 makes 460 lb/ft at 4100 and Ford's 3.5 makes 470 lb/ft @ 2250 and I can tell you those turbos don't require higher octane fuel because the 3.5 runs on regular.

013_RJLarge.jpg
Aaanyway. Back to rotaries.

I miss this car to death. KW V3 suspension, 18x9.5"s all around, big sway bars... Monster in the corners.

ZERO torque but god damn shifting at my (raised from stock with the MM tune) 9200RPM fuel cut redline was incredible.

GM's 6.2 makes 460 lb/ft at 4100 and Ford's 3.5 makes 470 lb/ft @ 2250 and I can tell you those turbos don't require higher octane fuel because the 3.5 runs on regular.

For sure, having owned 3 late model small block gm cars and multitude of turbo cars you cannot beat low end power in a turbo. Most of these modern turbos make peak torque or 90% under 2,000 rpm and hold it all the way across. My LS1 equipped firebird didn't make dick under 3,000 rpm and neither did my 04 GTO. Its actually funny, the mazdaspeeds i owned power falls off a cliff above 5,000 rpms as the turbo runs out of breath -- but it makes gobs down low. with a tune and a couple bolt ons my mazdaspeeds made just shy of 400ft/lbs

As do the cobalt ss, vw gtis, bmw 335i, etc Cant argue about fuel, any car worth driving demands premium fuel. fords manual says regular is fine, but premium is recommended for the ecoboost. My 15 5.7 charger rt recommended 89 and when i did run 87 i would hear some knock on occasion.

Last edited:
Back