Maybe I should ask AndroidForums instead, but disable phone modem?

My wife has an original Droid that's in excellent shape, but despite her trying to sell it for really cheap, there haven't been any hits.

So, since it's worthless, I'd like to use it for an NES emulator and other stuff where the keyboard is actually useful.

I'm going to go ahead and root it, and probably throw either CyanogenMod on it,or something else if I can find a really lightweight ROM for it. But, every time I turn it on, it tries to have me activate it. I have no desire to have it activated, and just want to disable that part. Any suggestions on how to do it, or should I ask a forum actually dedicated to this kind of thing?

You should be able to just put it into airplane mode. You'll lose wifi and BT along with it, but for a makeshift gameboy type device, who cares?

Even better. Probably means you could turn BT on as well, but leave the cell radios off.

No, WiFi only in Airplane mode. Odd that it keeps asking to activate though. I still have my OG Droid and have occasionally used it since moving to a new phone and it never asked to be activated.

Back