Maybe Cellphones are Causing Brain Tumors After All

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
A new study is showing a potential link between glioblastoma (GBM) and cellphone use. GBM cancers increased from over 900 per year to about 2,500 per year since 1995 and cellphone use is suspected to be one of the culprits. Not all scientists agree, but it's probably a good idea to take a look at this a little bit harder and rule cellphones in or out. If increased incidence of GBM is directly linked to cellphone use then where do we go from here?

And Lion Shahab, from University College London, said: “This paper provides evidence for a rise in specific malignant brain tumors in England. What the analysis does not show is that this rise is caused by mobile phones.”

So rise in tumors over a particular time period, lets see what else happened over that time period... oh hey cell phones came out! That must be it. Seriously though have tumors skyrocketed over the period of time when a lot had access to everyone had access? How abou the fact most dont talk on them as much as texting.

But yeah do a study showing non ionizing radiation mutating dna THEN you have a study

So rise in tumors over a particular time period, lets see what else happened over that time period... oh hey cell phones came out! That must be it. Seriously though have tumors skyrocketed over the period of time when a lot had access to everyone had access? How abou the fact most dont talk on them as much as texting.

But yeah do a study showing non ionizing radiation mutating dna THEN you have a study

Cell phone today put out much less power than the old analog cell phones.

Someone who has only used modern smart phones should be much less at risk than someone who started with one of the old analog ones.

Use the speakerphone option on the phone and don't answer the phone when you're checking out at the grocery store as that annoys people to hear your conversation when you're on speakerphone?

Use the speakerphone option on the phone and don't answer the phone when you're checking out at the grocery store as that annoys people to hear your conversation when you're on speakerphone?

It's extremely rude to be talking on a phone in public anyway.

Good thing I never actually use my phone to talk.

This is probably the most annoying habit of the 21st century. Let me waste 20 minutes trading text messages instead of the 30 seconds of actual conversation. wtf.

Honestly, I don't even carry my cell phone most of the time anymore. It can stay in the car or at home.

Where? I'll tell you where.

3fffa78e84ed095ff91d301fb292b529.jpg

It's extremely rude to be talking on a phone in public anyway.

It absolutely is, and the number of people who don’t get it is astonishing. We were at a restaurant a few months ago and at the table next to us (this was a small restaurant, so the next table was maybe 24” away), two jackasses crammed next to each other and started FaceTiming with their pals. The fact that restaurants and other establishments allows this stuff to happen is amazing to me.

I use a corded (3.5mm jack) headset (Sennheiser Game Zero) , keeping all that RF energy away from my brain. The phone sits on my desk.

As long as streaming Pandora and listened to by old school (Courage!) wired earbuds doesn't cause any problems, I'm fine. I think I use my cell to actually speak on about 1-2% of total usage time. If that.

I like the not holding it near your head makes it Ok bit.... Lemme tell you about waves....

Cellphones cause this but bluetooth headphones don't?

The NHS website advises people to avoid using mobile phones “more than necessary” and says children should only use them for “essential purposes.”

But it adds: “Large reviews of published research have concluded that overall the evidence doesn’t suggest that radio waves from mobile phones cause health problems.”

Correlation doesn't equal causation and there have been actual studies done that have found zero actual tumor generating effect on cellphones but whatever, keep wasting tax money studying the same thing that has been done before, maybe this time science will give you the answer you want back instead of the one it has given before!

It's true people are getting tumors in the brains at a alarming rate people are not super human.

Everything we do is causing cancer, this is just another stick in the jenga pile.

Processed food, increased radio radiation from cell phone networks, wifi networks, electronics, and electrical wires, plastics and other agents that rub off of stuff that you touch everyday, like keyboards, mice, etc, the crap that is in the water that we put there from manufacturing and other chemical processes. The list just goes on and on, hell not even everything has to be man made to be harmful, there is plenty of natural occurring elements that cause tons of health issues including tumors.

Everything is trying to kill us, just like the robots we are going to build to that are suppose to protect us!

I did extensive research into EMR in college. Every study that comes out with difinative findings was fraudulent. We could always locate the actual source of the problem. In one they used a coal burning plant town as the (live near EMR) test zone and a clean mountain town as the (control.) In our reasearch we found that you would have to live in a space of 13 feet from the main power lines (I mean the big ones that send enormous amounts of power) for 2 years straight to have an impact. Note that power arching from that power-line and frying you directly was still more likely. EMR didn't do crap. Now Microwave radiation from microwave transmission towers is fricken dangerous. Cell phone... nope.
You can all rest easy.

Most cell phones today have multiple radios. Cell phone transmiter(s)(possible multiple bands), Wifi(2 xmiters-2.4 & 5Ghz), Bluetooth. So even if cell RF is safe, could be that Cell + Wifi + Bluetooth + Bluetooth from courageous ear buds isn't so safe.

Is this from holding it up to your head?

Does anyone even do that anymore?

I dont think it matters if its next to your head or not.

Really I feel stupid saying this but what do you do?? Possable to toss out the phones??

It's like my 13 year old has a iPhone and my 9 year old son has been using a iPad mini 4 for years now.

Good luck taking those away from them as there so used to having it.

Would love to drop my cell but need it for on the go when out at least.

I dont think it matters if its next to your head or not.

Really I feel stupid saying this but what do you do?? Possable to toss out the phones??

It's like my 13 year old has a iPhone and my 9 year old son has been using a iPad mini 4 for years now.

Good luck taking those away from them as there so used to having it.

Would love to drop my cell but need it for on the go when out at least.
I don't actually call anyone from my cell.

If I do get a call it's usually on Bluetooth on my cars radio.

LEts see.

US Cell phone subscribers in 1995 = 33,758,661
US cell phone subscribers in 2017 >424 million.

Use rate back in 1995 was something like 7-10% of adults. It's now 95% of adults. How many kids?

Going from 900 to 2500 cases may seem like a huge jump, but 2.5x incidence rate vs a > 10x increase in exposure seems to be an iffy proposition.

Even if you say hey.. it's a slow development, say 20 years, the incidence rate is 0.004% of exposed users?

Know what else has also increased since 1995... Techniques used to detect cancer.

Know what else also happened since 1995... the Internet, and it gave all the money grubbing scum of the world a voice.

Camera's have increased massively as well, yet where are all the credible UFO videos?

Are we looking for UFOs or are we looking for cancer causes?

Chewbacca is a Wookie that lives on Endor...

If it turns out to be true then all the Life Expectancy charts will have to be updated because NO ONE is going to give up their cell phone.

no, it can't be the phone. Has to be the non-stop jaw, mouth and tongue causing the damage

So. I'm STILL getting cooked from the inside out even if I'm the ONLY one NOT using a phone in a room full of dicks addicted to social media. I bet using microwaves to heat up our food is killing us too.

Know what else has also increased since 1995... Techniques used to detect cancer.

Know what else also happened since 1995... the Internet, and it gave all the money grubbing scum of the world a voice.

Camera's have increased massively as well, yet where are all the credible UFO videos?

Are we looking for UFOs or are we looking for cancer causes?

Chewbacca is a Wookie that lives on Endor...

The amount of idiocy on this "technical" forum gives me brain cancer sometimes.

Back