maya problem

Bling

Gawd
I am using a macbook pro and a logitech g7 . In osx the trck camera hotkey ( alt/option + middle mouse button) does not work properly and instead zooms in/out when i try to push the wheel down. is there some way I can edit the hotkeys so i can use a different button to pan the camer. Also, while maniplating the camera controls to get a better view of certain areas the model will totaly dissapear from the viewport. I click on he litle house button bt nothing happens and i just have a big grey box. is there some way I can see the model in the viewport again? This is probably a simple fix and I will feel stupid later but i have tried for an hour to fix this.

I am using a macbook pro and a logitech g7 . In osx the trck camera hotkey ( alt/option + middle mouse button) does not work properly and instead zooms in/out when i try to push the wheel down. is there some way I can edit the hotkeys so i can use a different button to pan the camer. Also, while maniplating the camera controls to get a better view of certain areas the model will totaly dissapear from the viewport. I click on he litle house button bt nothing happens and i just have a big grey box. is there some way I can see the model in the viewport again? This is probably a simple fix and I will feel stupid later but i have tried for an hour to fix this.

If you go in Window->Settings and Prefs, theres a hotkey editor listed in there. Haven't used it before, but must be fairly obvious how to work it. The other one I'm not sure of. If you lose the model again, select it in the outliner and try Shift-F, that should auto frame it in every viewport. Maybe then its just something related to a camera issue, if not, maybe its a display issue with your vid card

I tried the hotkey editor but I couldnt find the track hotkey. i looked in "display" and "window" .

I had that problem before with my G5 mouse. You basically have to use the logitech setpoint utility and make sure that middle mouse click is set to "generic" and scroll or something. From there it should work fine. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Back