Maxtor SATAII and Nforce 4

Strange, I have two Maxtor DiamondMax 10 drives on a stripped RAID array on my K8N-DL using the nVidia RAID controller. No problems.

CentronMe said:
Strange, I have two Maxtor DiamondMax 10 drives on a stripped RAID array on my K8N-DL using the nVidia RAID controller. No problems.

hmm even some sites hvaei t as info now, but it wont reboot with a maxtor SATAII drive u sure u got the sataII ones?
there are sata one DM10s

hey there..
i have a A8N32-SLI with a 200gb and 300gb Maxtor Sata2

initially i had problems that after the xp install, if i install the IDE drivers that come with NFORCE.. it would proceed to restart and hang at the 'loading windows' screen

after much research on these forums and asus forums..i found a simple sollution that works very well.

you first have to take your drive and wipe out any type of partition that has been created on it.
i used FDSIK on the ultimate boot cd( google to download cd image)

after this, i reformated and installed windows. This time..i found that the device manager didnt require any type of IDE driver to be installed...weird..but now everything works just fine

you might want to try this method, and avoid installing those IDE drivers once in windows ( if this comes up that is)

good luck

Back