Maxtor 160g $80

comp usa has a maxtor 160g drive 8mb cache for 80 bucks. $70 instant savings.

EDIT: goes into effect 6-27

frys has a western digital for 89.99 minues 30 MIR, so 59.99 for 160gb is even better!

ToyYoda03 said:
ya, but i hate rebates

lol .... shows how lazy we are .... 30 dollars for having to jank the UPC code and mail it .... nahhhh

it walways takes me till the last day of the MIR offer to send mine off .... anyone else as lazy with these as i am?

MadJuggla9 said:
lol .... shows how lazy we are .... 30 dollars for having to jank the UPC code and mail it .... nahhhh

it walways takes me till the last day of the MIR offer to send mine off .... anyone else as lazy with these as i am?

No, its more like:

Sending in the rebate for an item with all appropriate documentation. Waiting for several months to get the check and if it finally shows up, the item is already on sale cheaper with no rebate.

nuc_e, yep, as evidenced by these drives.
a few months back i got a seagate 160 for 90 AR.

anyway, i got this 20 minuges ago, damn good deal for a HD. (and all stores around here were in-stock, they had a guy there practically handing them out like russian bread in 1985 too)
it is indeed 8 meg cache and ATA.
(yay for 320gb of storage!!!!!!)

ATA/133 8mb cache 7200rpm 160gb 80 dollars. Good stuff. My compusa had 20 of them they were gone 15 minutes after the store opened but I got one.

Nuc_E said:
No, its more like:

Sending in the rebate for an item with all appropriate documentation. Waiting for several months to get the check and if it finally shows up, the item is already on sale cheaper with no rebate.

Uh huh same here stupid rebates :( :mad:

Tried to pick one up today, my closest CompUSA was totally sold out. May try going to another one nearby...the web site claims they're still in stock there.

I lucked out. I called CompUSA about 2PM and they had 3 left. I hopped in the car for a 40 minute drive only to find the Harbor Bridge (CC TX) under construction and a 30+ minute wait. Got to CUSA around 3:30 and grabbed the last one off the shelf. Also picked up the Philips DVD player that was on sale for $70. I cannot resist cheap harddrives. Along with my $20 Officemax WDJB80 this will make 240gig of storage for under $100.

I got the last one :D For those that don't know it it comes with a free PCI IDE ATA 133 card. (At least mine did)

Hey mine didnt come with a pci card. but actually i did get a free one when i got my 200gb one so i dont need another.

think i'll have to go pick up a pair of these.. i already filled the other pair of got..

600gb raid array.. *drools*

edit: yes techincally 640gb, but whatever

All out in Pleasanton, CA

When asked if they will be getting anymore, they said "We have none on order, so none will be here for the Ad in time"

Veeb0rg said:
think i'll have to go pick up a pair of these.. i already filled the other pair of got..

600gb raid array.. *drools*

edit: yes techincally 640gb, but whatever

what do you do with 600 gb?

All gone here as well, only took a day or two. I'll bet they only had a couple drives per store but oh well, just have to wait for the next 50 cents a gigabyte deal to come along.

Back