Maximus VI Hero Question

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Guys,

Just finished putting together my new build last night. I reviewed this video from Asus for basic overclocking guidelines for their boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7zPu9255ZI

So far I've worked my way up to 4.2 Ghz but they're saying that with XMP for 2133 or higher memory I may need to modify some additional voltage settings to try and attempt higher CPU clock speeds with the increased memory speed. In the video they mention to try setting the CPU I/O Analog Voltage offset to 1.150 to 1.200 to help achieve this. I have the latest bios for my board, and the max voltage for this option is .999v , did the guy misspeak in the video and mean .150 to .200 ? Im having issues booting to windows if I try 4.4 Ghz.

Currently I am set to adaptive mode for the voltage using 1.200 V . Any tips or tricks from anyone who is familiar with my board to see if I can get this to boot to windows at 4.4 Ghz so I can try some stability testing?

Don't use adaptive mode when over clocking, especially not while stress testing with synthetic avx or avx2 software. Only manual voltage mode can hard cap thd max voltage. The .999 is for an offset on top of the boards levels for SA dig and analog I/O. My sig system i did need to adjust these 3 values to get mr RAM stable. lowering the ram speed didn't help. I used .05 for system agent and .03 for the 2 I/o settings.

I wasn't doing synthetic stress testing with adaptive as I had read that and they talked about it in the video. Thanks for the info, I'll try to adjust the values and see if that helps. I'll post back results later.

I can boot to the desktop at 4.3 and validate but as soon as I try 4.4 with the same settings it gets to desk top and then blue screens. I've gone up to 1.3v for CPU and messed around with the I/O voltage. Any other voltage tweaks that might get me to 4.4 for some stability testing? Would disabling the XMP help test this?

http://valid.x86.fr/4ilxid

I can boot to the desktop at 4.3 and validate but as soon as I try 4.4 with the same settings it gets to desk top and then blue screens. I've gone up to 1.3v for CPU and messed around with the I/O voltage. Any other voltage tweaks that might get me to 4.4 for some stability testing? Would disabling the XMP help test this?

http://valid.x86.fr/4ilxid

Did you try lowering the memory speed?

What is your Cache multiplier and voltage?

You could try to bump your eventual VCCIN to 1.9 but mines at like 1.776 and it's fine. That's never helped me.

Did you try lowering the memory speed?

What is your Cache multiplier and voltage?

You could try to bump your eventual VCCIN to 1.9 but mines at like 1.776 and it's fine. That's never helped me.

I did drop the memory speed last night and was able to boot into 4.4 and complete some stability testing. I tried for 4.5 it would boot to desktop but then immediately reboot, I tried 1.3V but it still wouldn't go. I didn't really think it would be worth it to try a higher voltage.

So whats better? 4.3 Ghz CPU w/ 2133 Memory or 4.4 Ghz w/ 1600? I opted to stick with 4.3 Ghz with XMP on @ 2133. Gamed for a few hours last night stable with no issues.

Back