Maximus VI Gene - USB BIOS Flash, How long does it take

Just wondering how long the BIOS flash takes. Started it about 30 min ago and the light on the MOBO is still on and the ROG Connect light hasn't turned off yet, the manual says it will turn off when complete. Just never expected it to take longer then 5-10 min.

Nevermind, found this little tidbit: If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.

I think I held the Connect Button too long the first time.

Nevermind, found this little tidbit: If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.

I think I held the Connect Button too long the first time.

I tried the USB BIOS Flashback on my Maximus V Formula after screwing up the BIOS but it doesn't even seem to take it :( Any ideas? It flashes for a few seconds then goes stable. I renamed the file to M5F.cap and then tried M5F.rom - doesn't seem to work =/

Make sure the computer is powered off when you do it, just not at the power supply. Make sure you are using the correct USB port for flashing, there is only one of them. Hold down the connect button in a way that you can see when it starts flashing, the instant it does release the button. Your BIOS file looks to be named correctly, but also check that it is the only file on the USB thumb stick. Hope this helps.

Make sure the computer is powered off when you do it, just not at the power supply. Make sure you are using the correct USB port for flashing, there is only one of them. Hold down the connect button in a way that you can see when it starts flashing, the instant it does release the button. Your BIOS file looks to be named correctly, but also check that it is the only file on the USB thumb stick. Hope this helps.

Yeah, it is the only file there. Unfortunately during my TFK flash something happened after "reflashing" and the mobo just went south :(

buy another BIOS chip from ebay, seems the painless solution now, otherwise u can entry in some vicious circle

Yeah, I just bought a BIOS chip from ebay. Asus wanted $200 to "repair" the board. Wouldn't even offer me anything. I told them the warranty JUST expired a few months ago.

UPDATE!!! Updating the BIOS chip from one I bought on Ebay solved the issue! We are back in business! :D Let's see if we can get that 5ghz...heh

Back