Maximum receiver volume I can go

SoftHard

n00b
Hi folks,
another noob question from me:
I have these speakers:Q Acoustics 3010i which spec. says
Stereo Amplifier Power: 15 - 75w
AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 - 125 W

Powered with this AVR: AVR-X1600H 7.2ch 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with 3D Audio and HEOS Built-in® AV Receivers | Denon which spec says

Number of Power Amps7
Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)80 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive)120 W
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 1% 1ch Drive)145 W

I have set up speaker impedance on AVR to be 6 ohm (altough I could probably set up even 4 ohms but I read i dont need to do it in case I dont see any issues, some even reccomended to keep 8 ohms). Not sure If this seting influence AVR power output or If is driven by real speaker impedance (which is 4-6).

Nevertheless I dont fully understand those power outputs mentioning 1Khz and number of channels driven but I would expect I should be carefull with volume above 50%, but on 50% the sound volume is quite low. I currently have 5.1. connected.

My question is: Is there possible to say what volume on AV receiver I should not go above? 60%, 70%? 80%? Iam worried Icould damage speakers.
Thanks for your answers in advacne!

The max your knob can go will vary on the signal level of the input.
If your source is low then the knob will have to go higher, if the signal is high then the knob will not have to go as high.

giphy.gif

but what zepher said

The max your knob can go will vary on the signal level of the input.
If your source is low then the knob will have to go higher, if the signal is high then the knob will not have to go as high.
Iam using only digital inputs (HDMI, so I guess there is not (big) difference

The simple way is to increase the volume until distortion is heard and then reduce the volume a bit. That would be your safe limit.
With quality components, which yours appears to be, I wouldn't be concerned with turning it up. What does your AVR show as the volume in dB at 50%?

The simple way is to increase the volume until distortion is heard and then reduce the volume a bit. That would be your safe limit.
With quality components, which yours appears to be, I wouldn't be concerned with turning it up. What does your AVR show as the volume in dB at 50%?
Iam afraid it doesnt show volume in DB or I dont know how to check

Back