Max Payne 3 IQ & Performance Preview & Reviewers Guide @ [H]

FINALLY! I had no idea what was going on but the game kept dropping out if full screen mode when running in anything other than DX 9 mode. I turned off the Bing Desktop gadget thing and that solved the issue, running DX 11 everything maxed in game no MSAA. Getting an average of 114 FPS. Looks like the scaling from two to three cards is nearly perfect. At 50% more resolution than the [H] review with 50% more cards I'm getting nearly the same performance. DX 11 makes a BIG difference in the game and I just couldn't play it till I got this issue fixed.

Great game, true to the original, can't wait to finish it.

I have literally given p with this game. I ran the first 2 chapter in safe mode and was amazing. But it always crashes on the trademark screen at the beginning now. Will go through 6 hours testing to get it working another time :(

About to get a 6950 dcii to go crossfire: might work then, who knows

crossfire makes the cutscenes in this game just some glitchy screenshot some 10 minutes ago...
there's a bunch of people in the steam forums that have been complaining of that.
makes it impossible to watch

crossfire makes the cutscenes in this game just some glitchy screenshot some 10 minutes ago...
there's a bunch of people in the steam forums that have been complaining of that.

Do you have the 12.6 Beta 1 CAP installed. It was recommended by hardocp to install that for getting good CF performance. also what drivers do you have . hardocp had 12.4 WHQL with 12.6 Beta 1 CAP installed and they said the game works well.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

I use 12.4 + the 12.6 beta 1 CAP and the cut scenes are fine.

I rarely get some flashing and or odd colors, but I think that's there for effect, I've seen the same thing on my 670 SLi computer.

I tried the 12.6 Beta drivers and they were horrid.:eek:

12.6 beta and 12.6 cap 1
i had 12.4 before with 12.6 cap and it behaved the same way.
many people also have this same problem on the steam forums

Back