Max Payne 3: Creating a Cutting Edge Action-Shooter

GOod to see. This is the kind of stuff that made MP 1 and 2 so great.

Just think what they could do if they actually developed for the PC :rolleyes:

Making killing kooler :)

And, love the Bullet Time which turns your gun to shoot 100 times per second.

Hell Yeah, Bring it rockstar. This is looking much better than their initial video made it out to be. I'm getting excited about this one now.

They're talking a good game, I hope they can pull it off. I'd love to see another great Max Payne game.

there was a Max Payne 2???

I loved the first one, should try out the second one...

in the gaming forum, someone mentioned that health will be regenerated. not sure if this is true, but would kill the feel noir of the game (vs pain killers) Worth writing to them about it or posting on their forums.

The FoV looks just about right in this video. I bet when it comes out the camera will be zoomed in right behind the guys ass however. :rolleyes:

This game deserves to be good - I think it will be, in the spirit of the first two Paynes. I hope they throw in some of those surreal visuals as well.
The animation on show here is CRAZY good, I've not seen better, at least not for realism.
It's kind of disturbingly real actually - very graphic violence. I wonder if they'll have melee weapons too.

Agreed with fl00d--this is the best real-time animation I've seen in a game to date. It'll probably be too gory for my tastes, but I applaud the attention to detail and the awesome animation work.

Yikes.........looks really nice, hope it looks that good in the retail version.:p

What are the chances that AMD will have a working Crossfire Profile on launch day :D

(one more kick to the dead horse) /sigh

there was a Max Payne 2???

I loved the first one, should try out the second one...

First one was the best in it's Noire style, but the second one was more action-movie in my mind. But also felt more frustrating.

Looks damn good, hope it delivers. The animation alone make me want to play it, love me some bullet time.

This looks first class. Max Payne 1 & 2 are two of the most timeless games ever.

The snowy level made me want to replay Max Payne again. Wonder if it's a flashback to the first game.

I really love the MP series thus far; lots of fun.
I am disappointed to see how much needless blood splatter they put into this one; too much makes it look too comical. It won't stop me from playing, that's for sure, but it takes away from the game - IMHO.

Loved MP1 & 2. Probably a good bet I'll be playing this.

Loved MP 1 & 2. I am going to love this one. Looks great.

However, the "cinematic" approach that most games are using is not what I like. I don't want the bloom and video effects like I'm watching a movie. Most FPS's out there should be first person as in you are the guy - not watching a movie. Max Payne has always been about the cinematic, and that is what it is supposed to be like. Other games add the effects to make it look "better", with it not being made to be a movie style game.

Max Payne 3 looks like it will be top notch, as always, and I will be buying it as soon as the reviews say it's not a fucked up console port (NFS: Run, Rage, etc..). I don't mind playing console games, but the reason I built and spent so much money on a good video card (a cheap one will do internet and Facebook just fine) is to play high quality, high resolution, highly detailed textures. Rockstar doesn't look like it will disappoint me in this regard. I've just been burned too many times lately - I skipped NFS, thank God. Now, because of those fuck ups, I've been putting game buying on hold until the reviews come in.

What are the chances Crossfire will be necessary to play this game at all?

Thats not the point, People who run Crossfire like to turn the bells and whistles up.

Super sampling and 8xAA...

AMD is failing period....

Awesome looking effects and animations. If the A.I. is as good as advertised then this should be a great game. I'm not as big a shooter player as I once was but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one. Hopefully it launches bug-free and the PC version gets some extras to take advantage of the superior horsepower available.

That looks great. Max Payne 1 was very fun, but I didn't make it more than ten minutes into #2 because--3rd person. Meh.

I expect the ambience to be awesome. Love the gore!

Back