Max Keyboard 30% off thru December 28

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a Blackbird TKL with Cherry Reds for $113 shipped. Pretty solid price for double shots.

Pretty good deal!

Unfortunately, I can't give MaxKeyboard my business since they don't have a ready-to-ship Nighthawk X8 (MX Brown) with red backlighting. And I'm sure as hell not paying $200+ for them to "make" me one.

I'd be all over a tenkeyless with white backlighting, but they only have blue and red. I can't find a tenkeyless/white backlit board anywhere.:(

I'd be all over a tenkeyless with white backlighting, but they only have blue and red. I can't find a tenkeyless/white backlit board anywhere.:(

They Keycool 84 has a white backlight and assortment of switches if you don't mind trying out the Kalih switches. You may even be able to find the original Keycool which had cherry switches and offered a white led backlight as well.

If anyone gets one get the blackbird, it is the best keyboard with doubleshot ABS keycaps out. Mine struggles with connecting properly to my Asus Hero VI though so it may have issues with some Z87 chipsets.

I do really enjoy the board though, at least a home. Sticking to silenced topre for the office.

Red is best from my experience because you only need backlighting in low light or very dark environments,a nd red won't screw up your vision, I'd take white as next best though. However I believe Deck makes a really nice board with Doubleshot keycaps and white backlights and 10keyless.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/product/francium-pro-87-key

I would definitely say yes. And the Rosewill Apollo. You get a lot of freebies included with this MaxKeyboard deal, though.

Not saying it's bad, I have one of the Monoprice kbs at work. There is something about it though, key spacing or something with the ergonomics, that makes me mistype all the time. I have a daskeyboard and steelseries mechanical that I never mistype on.

Thanks OP. Ordered a X7 with purple backlight. I like clicky keyboards. Watch the default shipping method. Had to change from the $37 default 2 day to the $9 ground.

Build-wise, I really like my Max X8. What I don't care for are the brown switches. Although, to be fair, I wouldn't care for brown from any manufacturer. I like the feel of them, but they are too soft. I want clear switches, and only a couple companies make a backlit keyboard with clear switches.

I would trade in a heartbeat if I could get one. Don't have the money to invest in a clear switch keyboard right now either.

Back