‘Mature' Star Wars 1313 Game to Premiere at E3

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Electronic Entertainment Expo gets underway on Monday with all of the press conferences and pre-opening activities as part of the hype of E3. One of the rituals is the announcing of upcoming announcements. Lucas Arts is following suit by promoting what is billed as an up coming ‘adult-themed’ game called Star Wars 1313 with the formal debut next week at E3. Details are sketchy so far, but the game is much darker in nature from what would be expected in regular Star Wars fare.

i hope they dont screw this up, but ive always wanted a mature themed starwars game, i want to see limbs and heads slicing off

A Star Wars game with debauchery, I'm stoked. I wonder how many game bux it'll cost for a hooker with force powers.

Star Wars game with no lightsabers? WTF? Blasphemy! Seriously, if there's no Jedi in the game it's just a space based FPS IMO. They're just capitalizing on the name to draw in the fans.

Im hoping theres sex and violence, not just another marketing term for a shoddy game...

Great...more people trying to keep a really overused franchise alive so they can milk money from the geratric fanbase before they all die from heart failure.

At least if they're going to make an adult themed game, they should name it Star Wars BDSM and then they could branch off in to Star Wars LBGT with a $30 DLC expansion that everyone here can use to troll each other or complain.

Mature... Leia... gold bikini... hmm nah, I believe Rule 34 already has that one taken care of.

Princess Leia doesn't need to tape down her breast anymore. My Schwartz is growing already.....

"Adult themed" probably consists of a Kinect enabled stripper pole for its Twilek dancer game mode...

i hope they dont screw this up, but ive always wanted a mature themed starwars game, i want to see limbs and heads slicing off

You can actually enable some awesome limb/head slicing in Jedi academy and Outcast. It's a cheat, but you can do it. :)

Well after The Force Unleashed...I am not expecting much...that was the true definition of a terrible console port...it was impossible to play with Mouse + KB

Let me know when Lucas Arts does a reboot on X-Wing series...

Boba Fetish approves.

scaled.php

Star Wars game with no lightsabers? WTF? Blasphemy! Seriously, if there's no Jedi in the game it's just a space based FPS IMO. They're just capitalizing on the name to draw in the fans.

Yes, because the entirety of the starwars fiction revolves around nothing but lightsabers. It's not like there were never popular characters who never used lightsabers like Han Solo, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, etc. and considering that out of the entire empire that's fighting rebels in episodes 4-6 there were only 2 users of the force working with that huge imperial fleet. Spies, smuggling, space combat? Obviously none of that belongs in starwars :rolleyes:

Yes, because the entirety of the starwars fiction revolves around nothing but lightsabers. It's not like there were never popular characters who never used lightsabers like Han Solo, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, etc. and considering that out of the entire empire that's fighting rebels in episodes 4-6 there were only 2 users of the force working with that huge imperial fleet. Spies, smuggling, space combat? Obviously none of that belongs in starwars :rolleyes:

Wow, you really implied that Star Wars has great depth and was the subject of substantial thought when it was written. *holds out tiny plastic cup* You're gonna hafta pee in this so we can figure out what you're smoking.

Some Bounty Hunters have been known to kill Jedi's, So ya never know, maybe you get to hunt some??

It's all Speculation until something more comes out, I'm interested though.

Wow, you really implied that Star Wars has great depth and was the subject of substantial thought when it was written. *holds out tiny plastic cup* You're gonna hafta pee in this so we can figure out what you're smoking.

Although I've never read any of the books, I supposed you could consider them more depth? I dunno, I always though 4 - 6 were kinda Straight forward.

1 - 3 is prolly what lucas wanted to do with the whole battle scene's, but didn't because Fox didn't believe in the series so they didn't give him the budget he needed? Although I'm sure he was doing OK before then?

Although I've never read any of the books, I supposed you could consider them more depth? I dunno, I always though 4 - 6 were kinda Straight forward.

1 - 3 is prolly what lucas wanted to do with the whole battle scene's, but didn't because Fox didn't believe in the series so they didn't give him the budget he needed? Although I'm sure he was doing OK before then?

Some of the books are great. I really like the Thrawn trilogy. The Jedi Academy trilogy was good too, though not quite as good as Thrawns. Also the books, feel in part of the reason palpatine does what he does and becomes the bastard he is.

Sounds like a cool concept. I like that I am seeing TIE fighters and Lambda shuttles and not clone troopers or Jar Jar.

The Han Solo trilogy really introduced the smuggling side of things. I also liked the "Tales from the..." books that were edited by Kevin J. Anderson. They expanded on the shady characters of Star Wars. This game would fit nicely into all of that.
Or X-Wing, or Tie Fighter, or Rebel Assault, or Rebel Assault 2, or Rogue Squadron, or Shadows of The Empire... etc.
Only those born in the early 80's get it.

Or X-Wing, or Tie Fighter, or Rebel Assault, or Rebel Assault 2, or Rogue Squadron, or Shadows of The Empire... etc.

While those are all great games. But there's a more recent one: Republic Commando, that was a pretty good game in its own right without having to rely on god-king Jedi main characters.

It hasn't aged the best as it was pretty early on in the squad-based tactical cover shooters line of games that we've seen come so far. It wasn't perfect but it demonstrates how that genre of games have definite potential to tell compelling stories in the current SW. Essentially, a Star Wars themed Mass Effect game *could* work really well.

Well after The Force Unleashed...I am not expecting much...that was the true definition of a terrible console port...it was impossible to play with Mouse + KB

I actually enjoyed TFU1 on PC despite the fact it was a terrible port and the download was 20gb and the sound randomly cut out in one level requiring replacement of the damned sound files which resulted in them sounding terrible.

TFU2 on the other hand was a giant turd and instead of fixing the problems from the first and expanding to a better game, they gutted what was enjoyable about the first game, made it run like absolute shit and if it were possible managed to throw in even more bugs.

Back