Matrox Video Announces Intel Arc-based LUMA Graphics Cards

kac77

2[H]4U

Video technology innovator Matrox Video today announced the launch of its new Matrox LUMA series of graphics cards with Intel Arc GPUs. The series consists of three single-slot cards: the LUMA A310, a low-profile fanless card; the LUMA A310F, a low-profile fanned card; and the LUMA A380, a full-sized fanned card.

Video technology innovator Matrox Video today announced the launch of its new Matrox LUMA series of graphics cards with Intel Arc GPUs. The series consists of three single-slot cards: the LUMA A310, a low-profile fanless card; the LUMA A310F, a low-profile fanned card; and the LUMA A380, a full-sized fanned card.
seen this earlier, pretty cool

Thanks for sharing

1682714473650.png

1682714504246.png

I imagine they will try to match their emo, clients and strength trying to make a product that make really high monitors resolution and count work better in some ways, but could be hard (from a quick look they still have the lower than HDMI 2.1 bandwith display ports going on) and will need to be some software suite side.

Like pointed above maybe that the possibilty to buy GPU to intel at very good price opened some doors

My Matrox G450 was awesome (for the day) I wish I still had it.

For a very brief shining moment Matrox was king of the hill.

Sadly they were too small to keep up in an kill or be killed NV world.

For a while I had a Matrox G400 with 2x Voodoo2 12MBs. It really was the ultimate in video back in the day. Image quality out of that card was bar none head and shoulders above everything else out there at the time. I believe I still have one around somewhere - not sure what happened to the Motion Jpeg capture card I got with it. I sold the Voodoo2's last year along with both of my 8-bit 100% MPU-401 compatible MIDI interface cards, my SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, my Gravis Ultrasound 1MB, and my Roland MT-32 rev 1.06 -- I just wasn't using this stuff anymore. They will have to pry my Roland SoundCanvas SC-55mkII out of my cold dead fingers, though.

I built a Pi-32 and use both it and the SoundCanvas via DOSBOX and a Roland USB MIDI cable for my retro gaming needs now. DOSBOX runs everything I play very well now, and the Pi-32 has much better sound quality than the real MT32 did AND I can emulate either the rev1 MT32 or the CM-32L and thus avoid game compatibility problems.

I'm tempted to buy one just for nostalgia. Is this why comic book dorks go to bad movies that are all essentially the same?

Oh god, I'm not special am I?

I feel manipulated.

Back