cageymaru

Fully [H]
Mastercard and Microsoft have joined forces to promote the concept of a global digital identity. This global digital identity would track you, your purchases and travel around the world as it would effectively replace other forms of ID. Mastercard makes the case that it is a hardship for people to remember all the passwords, and forms of ID that are needed for everyday life. Then there is the problem of citizens managing their own data. Some classes of citizens such as refugees, women, and children aren't officially recognized in some countries. A universal global digital identity would allow the government to track their movements more easily so that the proper aid can be dispensed to them.

All of your purchases would be permanently tied to your global digital identity. This new universally-recognized digital identity could unlock new and enhanced user experiences such as faster loans, more relevant and personalized shopping experiences, streamlined government interactions such as filing taxes, applying for passports, etc, and easier ways to access social media and digital media. Also only having one global identity would make fraud prevention easier.

"Today's digital identity landscape is patchy, inconsistent and what works in one country often won't work in another. We have an opportunity to establish a system that puts people first, giving them control of their identity data and where it is used," says Ajay Bhalla, president, cyber and intelligence solutions, Mastercard. "Working with Microsoft brings us one step closer to making a globally interoperable digital identity service a reality, and we look forward to sharing more very soon." "Digital identity is a cornerstone of how people live, work and play every day," said Joy Chik, corporate vice president, Identity, Microsoft. "We believe people should be in control of their digital identity and data, and we're thrilled to first work with Mastercard to bring new decentralized identity innovations to life."

What's to stop a foreign government from checking your background or social media posting? All countries will have access to this so that means that they will have your personal information. Taxes will be tied to the same system so they will know what you own. What if some bad guys in a foreign country want to kidnap your college age child, who's on vacation, because they see that you paid a large sum in taxes?

It doesn't seem horrible (having a "persona" rather than an e-mail, CC number, social account name, etc.) but then the ramifications could be insane. Plus, look at the groups behind it. We're not ready for anything like that yet.

I'm barely comfortable with my local identity. Sorry MC/M$, your jetsetter, global-electron-shopping lifestyle identity is too flashy for me.

DO NOT WANT

I want every single aspect of my online presence to be completely anonymous unless I choose to identify myself.
g1377828586598061072.png

Is it April Fool's day already?

I can't take any of this serious after all the leaks and hacks and whatnot that has happened so far.

All of your purchases would be permanently tied to your global digital identity.

6 months later ...
"The US to introduce it's own form of a social score..."

I mean seriously, does the "brain trust" at these companies even listen to what they suggest in meetings? Or are they filled with a bunch of yes men who say that the CEO's (or whomever can fire them that is in charge) is always giving out good ideas.

Mastercard and Microsoft have joined forces to promote the concept of a global digital identity. This global digital identity would track you, your purchases and travel around the world as it would effectively replace other forms of ID. Mastercard makes the case that it is a hardship for people to remember all the passwords, and forms of ID that are needed for everyday life. Then there is the problem of citizens managing their own data. Some classes of citizens such as refugees, women, and children aren't officially recognized in some countries. A universal global digital identity would allow the government to track their movements more easily so that the proper aid can be dispensed to them.

All of your purchases would be permanently tied to your global digital identity. This new universally-recognized digital identity could unlock new and enhanced user experiences such as faster loans, more relevant and personalized shopping experiences, streamlined government interactions such as filing taxes, applying for passports, etc, and easier ways to access social media and digital media. Also only having one global identity would make fraud prevention easier.

"Today's digital identity landscape is patchy, inconsistent and what works in one country often won't work in another. We have an opportunity to establish a system that puts people first, giving them control of their identity data and where it is used," says Ajay Bhalla, president, cyber and intelligence solutions, Mastercard. "Working with Microsoft brings us one step closer to making a globally interoperable digital identity service a reality, and we look forward to sharing more very soon." "Digital identity is a cornerstone of how people live, work and play every day," said Joy Chik, corporate vice president, Identity, Microsoft. "We believe people should be in control of their digital identity and data, and we're thrilled to first work with Mastercard to bring new decentralized identity innovations to life."

Glad to see there are still plenty of freedom lovers out there with the posts. Just like anything, this may be a good idea, the problem is people aren't inherently good, and bad things could come from such a system.

"This new universally-recognized digital identity could unlock new and enhanced user experiences such as faster loans, more relevant and personalized shopping experiences, streamlined government interactions such as filing taxes, applying for passports, etc, and easier ways to access social media and digital media. Also only having one global identity would make fraud prevention easier. PLUS USHERING IN THE BEAST SYSTEM WILL BE SO MUCH EASIER SINCE PEOPLE AGREED TO IT AND WE DON'T HAVE TO FORCE THEM TO USE IT, THEY AGREED BY USING IT FREELY."

Fixed that for them.

Just like anything, this may be a good idea, the problem is people aren't inherently good, and bad things could come from such a system.
No there is nothing about this idea that is good as soon as MasterCard got involved and now it links purchases to your identity PERMANENTLY! Like seriously this is something they need to unveil AFTER some major terrorist shit or something at the least so they can get all the Chicken Littles to want to go along with it since "it will help stop terrorism" and would you think of children and refugees!

Congrats we're going here.
giphy.gif

No there is nothing about this idea that is good as soon as MasterCard got involved and now it links purchases to your identity PERMANENTLY! Like seriously this is something they need to unveil AFTER some major terrorist shit or something at the least so they can get all the Chicken Littles to want to go along with it since "it will help stop terrorism" and would you think of children and refugees!

Congrats we're going here.
View attachment 124960
I agree the only good system would be where it's about five people in your immediate vicinity that had access to the info, and not a single person would ever abuse that power. So yes, you are right, not in this world would it ever be a good system, only an ideal that would work in perfect world, i.e not this one.

Pretty sure this is one of those things my grandfather preached against so hard when he was alive. And to think I sat and rolled my eyes when I was a kid and so many things he talked about are now coming to be lol. No thank you...

[Sitting across from my Match date; she's looking at her cell phone]

She: "It says here that your personal digital identity is "Thunder Bumhatch" and that you bought Axe Body Spray for the first time two hours ago."
Me: "Well, uhh... "
She: "And you bought Trident Wintergreen gum at the same time."
Me: "I think wintergreen tastes better with coffee."
She: "And you masturbated 20 minutes ago."
Me: "Bitch, you don't go out with a loaded gun. You EMPTY those barrels!"

Now we can follow your activities.... EVERYWHERE you go. Think of the convenience! For Big Brother, that is.

JUST

Yewrope "wants" go full cashless, even forces to way if you want to cash out your own money and this thing on top. I see gonna lead to some extremes, there not gonna be middle ground.

Time to stock up on extra socks, make hole in mattress and space in freezer.

Some classes of citizens such as refugees, women, and children aren't officially recognized in some countries. A universal global digital identity would allow the government to track their movements more easily so that the proper aid can be dispensed to them
Does "aid" in this instance mean "hailstorm of bullets"?

Back