MASSIVE Steam Summer Sale

Just bought the Square Enix pack. So far I've spent $216 on this STEAM Sale. I think I've had enough. Currently I'm back to getting 1.3 mb/s downloads too. Yesterday was crappy as the best I could manage was 150 kb/s.

Is Rise of the Argonauts worth picking up for cheap?

No! I picked it up from "48 hours madness" for $3. And yea. It's truly a piece of shit. I'm all for god of war clones, but it's the WORST clone ever. Nothing feels fluid or natural.

ARMA 2 now 50% off for the next 24 hours, priced at $19.99.
GTA IV -> $4.99
Commando's Collection -> $3.75

All worth getting if you haven't yet.

Is numen any good? its the only game i dont have for the sale today?

newman.jpg

Also wanting to know if it's any good.

SFIV worth the $8?

Commandos is a no-brainer for the price.

Arg Steam got me again. At least it's just $5 this time around. Picked up GTA IV. Had it briefly on the ps3 but never finished it. Gonna give it a go again, and for that price why not.

I paid the $5 for Grand Theft Auto IV, even though I still can't play the stupid thing.

Still have a 2 core cpu, and the game basically requires 3 cores to run in any reasonable fashion. I'm sure I'll get a new cpu eventually.

Hmm. Wondering if ill like ARMA2. Never played the first one. Commandos and GTA IV looks like ima bite on those

Just grabbed Commandos pack, commandos 2 especially was a very good game, commandos the original was good but really old now. I hear 3 was pretty terrible. Can't go too far wrong for £3

I see a lot of people on the Steam forums complaining about running Commandos in Win7, but I'm still on XP. I wonder if it's as much of a problem?

Well thought about it and bought the THQ pack and Streetfighter IV. Dang good deal for 60$ total, but now I'm really broke, okay I might bite on borderlands if I can get it under 10$ but nothing else. :p

I remember watching my cousin play Commandos many years ago. Or was it Jagged Alliance...oh well either way those kinds of strategy games are great. Got it because you can't go wrong for $4!

Well thought about it and bought the THQ pack and Streetfighter IV. Dang good deal for 60$ total, but now I'm really broke, okay I might bite on borderlands if I can get it under 10$ but nothing else. :p

eh that's what I'm also waiting for borderlands sale ;)

Bought Commando's pack to play on the EEE PC while traveling, sitting on the couch, etc. Bought Osmos for $2.50 as well. Really fun and neat Indie game. Haven't enjoyed an Indie game like this since World of Goo.

Bastards, dropping the price on SF4 2 days after I bought it for $27... :/

And knowing I wouldn't be able to resist GTA4 for $5 either...I mean, I already beat it, but I no longer have an XBOX 360.

I wonder if my laptop can handle GTA4?

And knowing I wouldn't be able to resist GTA4 for $5 either...I mean, I already beat it, but I no longer have an XBOX 360.

Probably but I'm just speculating cause of the G73's specs. I never played it but will try it out in 2 hours when it finishes downloading.

Your laptop better have at least a 3 core cpu.

I hate steam...

everytime they pull these bullshit sales my wallet gets lighter

gonna pick up ME2 even though I havent even started the first one lol. Missed the EA deal a few weeks ago

Just make it a habit to only buy Steam games if they are $5 or less and overspending won't be an issue. I really wanted to pick up Arma for $19.99 because it was 50% off. That's half off!!! OMG what a deal!!!

Then I realized that it's still 20 bucks for a game that has plenty of issues and decided to wait with the purchase till it drops to $5, which will happen eventually. $15 saved right there.

Just make it a habit to only buy Steam games if they are $5 or less and overspending won't be an issue. I really wanted to pick up Arma for $19.99 because it was 50% off. That's half off!!! OMG what a deal!!!

Then I realized that it's still 20 bucks for a game that has plenty of issues and decided to wait with the purchase till it drops to $5, which will happen eventually. $15 saved right there.

I went through the same process in my head. It has to be a game I really want to spend $30+. That is my threshold.

I went through the same process in my head. It has to be a game I really want to spend $30+. That is my threshold.

agreed, had to pick up Mount & Blade warband for 15. Good game.

Plus for people like me, there is the vid card to consider, Im still on my 8800 G92. So no point in buying a lot of fancy games. i cant play them with all the eye candy.
So i'll wait for a) the price to drop and b) upgrading the video card.

I bought Torchlight the other day. thinking it probably wouldn't get cheaper than 10 bucks, and now it did :mad:

I bought Torchlight the other day. thinking it probably wouldn't get cheaper than 10 bucks, and now it did :mad:
I think I had that happen to me with the xmas sales and picking up Torchlight ... 100 hours later I wasn't so annoyed by the $5. :)

I think I had that happen to me with the xmas sales and picking up Torchlight ... 100 hours later I wasn't so annoyed by the $5. :)

yea it is a very fun game. Just wish it had co-op or some sort of online play.

for me OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 are the best invenstments i've made in game.. OFP i got years and years out of my 35$ purchase, not many other 35$ purchases can say that. :)

Damn this stupid Steam sale! So far Ive grabbed the Square Enix/Eidos bundle, The Activision bundle and a few other single games I thought my daughter might like :D

I think they released torchlight to get more money for the 'real' game they wanted to make.

How do some of you guys not already own Torchlight? ;)

I bought Shatter for $2.50. I didn't get a chance to try it though.

I bought my wife a copy so she could play on her own steam account and not prevent me from playing. I also bought her a copy of L4D also. Should make for some fun times, especially for 12 bucks.

Back