Massive performance reduction since installing an ASRock Z390 Taichi.

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been experiencing stutters, frame drops, and all around sluggishness in games and general OS tasks since switching to this ASRock board. I have tried everything I can think of including countless combinations of BIOS settings and a complete format and reinstall. Even while writing this the constant stutters have frozen input and ignored commands from the mouse and keyboard numerous times. The system is stable. At first I thought it could be a DPC Latency issue, but LatMon results are comparable to my previous MSI board.

Are there known issues with this motherboard? My system is quickly becoming unusable and I can think of no further troubleshooting to try.

Is the windows install fresh to that motherboard, or was it a carry over and crossing your fingers Windows would work fine in the transition?

I've had weird issues with Windows 10 where it should have been fine but it wasn't fixed until a fresh install.

What's the rest of the system? Had this with AMD Video cards and crappy old LCD screens that didn't play nice with HDMI->DVI adapters and the like. As soon as I bought new DP screens, the odd latency went away.

Strip it down to the barebones and see how it runs. Add parts in one by one till you get there. That's how I found the above issue.

Is the windows install fresh to that motherboard, or was it a carry over and crossing your fingers Windows would work fine in the transition?

Windows can do it, transition to all new hardware, but it's not worth the trouble it can cause. The OP didn't say one way or the other, but generally speaking I don't understand why people never want to reload Windows. It's not that hard and Windows installs pretty fast. They've actually engineered it to be pretty easy. Can save a lot of headaches.

have tried everything I can think of including countless combinations of BIOS settings and a complete format and reinstall.
Windows can do it, transition to all new hardware, but it's not worth the trouble it can cause. The OP didn't say one way or the other, but generally speaking I don't understand why people never want to reload Windows. It's not that hard and Windows installs pretty fast. They've actually engineered it to be pretty easy. Can save a lot of headaches.

Why do you guys keep going on over the win10 install it's a fresh install as in the op's first post.

I don't understand why people never want to reload Windows.
because for some its a royal pain in the ass to get it back to where it was.

op, all drivers up to date, chipset included? not from asrock but from amd?

Have you checked temps and for cpu throttling just incase the re-mount didn't go well?

Any chance you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse? I have had lots of customers have laggy \ stuttering mouse and keyboard movement on new systems just because the wireless dongle plugs into a usb port 3 inches lower than their old PC.

Any chance you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse? I have had lots of customers have laggy \ stuttering mouse and keyboard movement on new systems just because the wireless dongle plugs into a usb port 3 inches lower than their old PC.
ive have that happen if i put a beer can in the wrong place on my coffee table where my mouse is. even with it plugged in at the front port.
op, if youre using wireless try moving the dongle or some wired m/k/b, see if that helps.

Back