Massive DOSBox update, Windows 95/98 and 3DFX Voodoo emulation with DOSBox-Pure

atarumoroboshi18

Limp Gawd
A truly incredible update as now the operating systems themselves are being fully emulated with the power of 3DFX Voodoo graphics: https://github.com/schellingb/dosbox-pure

Cannot wait to see the huge variety of old-school games that people are going to try out. There are probably an enormous collection of Win95/98 games that just don't work properly on modern systems that now look to have a legitimate method to play them.

Does it feature built-in windows images, or are you still going to have to bother with the added complexity of "install this cluster, then sit around digging through various conf files trying to find the magic line that brings it all together ?"

Does it feature built-in windows images, or are you still going to have to bother with the added complexity of "install this cluster, then sit around digging through various conf files trying to find the magic line that brings it all together ?"
Dosbox pure is run through a frontend (Retroarch, etc.), so all that should by handled by settings on the GUI. It's certainly nicer then the .conf format. That being said, I still tend to use the various other 3dFX wrappers due to early Windows stuff Dosbox can't emulate requiring it.

I swear I created a thread here for DOSBox Pure when it came out, but search can't find it.

I have been using DOSBox ECE for Voodoo games. I haven't touched Pure since it first came out, so it's time to give it a try again.

I swear I created a thread here for DOSBox Pure when it came out, but search can't find it.

I have been using DOSBox ECE for Voodoo games. I haven't touched Pure since it first came out, so it's time to give it a try again.
It's gotten better. I noted some bugs early in it's development, but the obvious stuff I've found have largely been addressed.

Back