Massdrop: Ducky 9008 G2 Pro Mechanical Keyboard w/free extra set of keycaps $109 shpd

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ducky-g2pro

I dunno if you guys can see that link without registering at the site. For 3 more days, Massdrop is featuring the Ducky 9008 G2 Pro Mechanical Keyboard. Some people may not view this as [H]ot because it's not TKL and not fully backlit, but Ducky makes extremely high quality keyboards and the extra keycaps that come with this are valued at $50 if you get the PBT ($30 if you opt for ABS). MSRP on the keyboard is $120 and MSRP on the keycaps is $30-$50, so from that standpoint this is a great deal.

Features:

• Dual layer PCB
  • Plate mounted Cherry MX Mechanical switches
  • WASD backlighting
  • USB NKRO
  • UV coated laser etched keycaps
  • Four Dip switches to customize functionality
$99 + $9.99 shipping

I was looking at this, as I'm in the market for a black mechanical, and Ducky has always been known for quality. I've also been interested in the Corsair Vengeance K95, so I don't know which one I want to go with.

Hmm, massdrop.com is a place I see a lot of my money going towards in the near future if some of these votes go thought.

The Ducky 9008 G2 Pro keyboard looks promising, especially with the added keycaps.

Wish I had a good reason to buy this. In any case, this site looks pretty cool. I'll be keeping an eye on it in the future. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

They talk about giving away a Ducky Shine with red switches but I can't see what the Pro board has for color switches? Is the Pro also named Shine? Geekhack talks about Ducky 9008 G2 Pro having green switches?

Damn, they're out of blues. Only red & black switches left.
I just received my Das blue and the noise is all hype IMHO. There is a nice little click/snap. The backspace is loud but not the letter keys. All personal opinion but I worried without cause. I can't believe how light the touch is.

Last edited:
I'm tempted but I kind of want the G2 Pro with the gray/blue key combo. Though ultimately I'd probably switch it out for something later. Good deal, though.

sounds like an ok deal if you need the second key caps. But why do you need the second set of caps?

For when the first ones show wear (eventually), or if you prefer the texture of one of the other sets. I've never determined that there's a need to switch the keys on any of my mech. boards, but rest assured there are many who do! I really enjoy mechanical boards, but there are some who are borderline obsessed with them and being able to customize them.

Back