Mass Murderer Demands Better Video Games in Prison

HardOCP News

[H] News
In all honestly, think they SHOULD give this guy a new console. Seriously, just plug it in and throw it into the shower with him. Wish granted.

In a November 2013 letter to prison authorities obtained by Agence France-Presse, Brevik is threatening to go a hunger strike because he believes he's being treated "worse than an animal." Brevik's list of demands includes access to better consoles and better games.

Just give that piece of trash an N64 and Superman 64 and be done with it.

Mass Murderer's don't get to make demands. If it were up to me, I'd euthanize his ass. But in the mean time, he can enjoy the butt sex from a guy named BABA. Whatever Baba is in Norwegian.

A case of not knowing how good one has it. People of far greater character are being treated and living worse all across the world on a day to day basis.

Well, that's Norway for you. The guy murdered 77 people and got a 21 year sentence. :rolleyes: He's already gaming on a PS2.... how sad.

Treated worse than an animal? I suppose he's never seen how battery hens are treated, or what happens when chickens go to the slaughterhouse. They hang them by their feet upside down on a conveyor rack and a blade cuts the head off prior to submerging the body into boiling water so the feathers fall out. Sometimes the blade misses and a bird gets boiled alive, head first. But... he's somehow being treated worse than that. I really wish he was.

Well, that's Norway for you. The guy murdered 77 people and got a 21 year sentence. :rolleyes: He's already gaming on a PS2.... how sad.

I found it really disturbing that the families of the victims thought it was a just sentence. (Although I bet the media made that up or at least part of it)

I found it really disturbing that the families of the victims thought it was a just sentence. (Although I bet the media made that up or at least part of it)
that's the max sentence. after twenty years he'll be re-sentenced for another 20. He'll never be released from prison until they bury his body.

Mass Murderer's don't get to make demands. If it were up to me, I'd euthanize his ass. But in the mean time, he can enjoy the butt sex from a guy named BABA. Whatever Baba is in Norwegian.
The problem with this seemingly universal accepted idea of prison justice, is that quite often these really bad guys are the ones DOING the raping of more minor offenders in jail.

Its usually the guy that just did tax fraud or something and is in for half a year that ends up getting their butt pounded by someone who is in for life anyway.

That is why these people should simply get a fair trial, two years for appeals (that is more than long enough), and then a simple beheading which is quick, painless (blood pressure drop causes instant loss of consciousness), and cost effective. Never understood the super fancy lethal injection, which is more complicated and expensive than necessary and not even instant.

that's the max sentence. after twenty years he'll be re-sentenced for another 20. He'll never be released from prison until they bury his body.

True, but Norwegian prisons are pretty much like a hotel with stricter rules.

True, but Norwegian prisons are pretty much like a hotel with stricter rules.
Yup, and honestly if I had a choice between being homeless and being in a Norweigian prison, I would most certainly try to rob a bank and get free food, shelter, TV, full healthcare with dental and vision benefits, etc. rather than live with a sheet of newspaper over me on a park bench.

Luckily for Norwegians they have significantly lower rates of homeless, violence, and people robbing anything to make do than we do despite their so-called luxurious correctional institutions.

He killed 77 people. We should not be having this conversation as he should also be DEAD.

Only game he should be playing is ET in hell.

Luckily for Norwegians they have significantly lower rates of homeless, violence, and people robbing anything to make do than we do despite their so-called luxurious correctional institutions.
Well, because Norway wasn't involved with imperialism like the UK, and geographically is far enough North that immigrants from the SE and other poorer countries aren't flooding in to her borders yet... but it will happen, and when it does they won't have such a well behaved majority population.

Right now Norway has the lowest population of foreigners of any Western nation, at only 6%. Germany by contrast is up to 20% already, and along with the mass immigration of illegal aliens primarily from Turkey that tend to be poor with below average educations has really ramped up the crime rate, particularly in the industrial sector where they tend to amass for the low-skill labor jobs that are available. The UK is the highest, and also has the highest violent crime rate of all of Europe. Coincidence?

Ironically, it is this fact that this psycho claimed motivated him to go on a killing spree. Probably doesn't realize that, yeah, killing little kids probably isn't going to get you a lot of public support for your cause.

That is why these people should simply get a fair trial, two years for appeals (that is more than long enough), and then a simple beheading which is quick, painless (blood pressure drop causes instant loss of consciousness), and cost effective. Never understood the super fancy lethal injection, which is more complicated and expensive than necessary and not even instant.

I'm all for firing squads to.

But what about punishment that fits the crime? (Obviously this has to be situational)... You torture someone and kill them.. well.. the same thing happens to you.

But what about punishment that fits the crime? (Obviously this has to be situational)... You torture someone and kill them.. well.. the same thing happens to you.
Problem is that its demeaning to the moral values of the person that has to carry out (or even endorse) the torture. That's why people on firing lines for example were blindfolded. It wasn't for their benefit, after all fuck that guy we're shooting him, it was for the benefit of the good citizens tasked with shooting the guy so they didn't have to look in his eyes.

The idea at least is that we are better than that, but I'm not so soft-hearted that I don't see the logic in ending someone that has ended so many others.

Prison is for rehabilitation IMO, and if there is no hope (or not deserved right because of the extreme nature of a crime) to be rehabilitated, then there is no point in keeping you in a prison.

They were blindfolded? So the guns must have been stationary, making human interaction useless. (use a remote trigger mechanism or something). I thought they had 5 people shoot, but only 1 had a bullet and no one knew which.

There are two things you can be certain of when you are about destroy a human life in the name of justice:
1. Someone is already dead because the death penalty did not act as a deterrant
2. Someone is about to die because the death penalty did not act as a deterrant

The one thing you can never be certain of though, is whether they are truly guilty.

First anybody that commits premeditated murder and they have 100% evidence or a confession should just be shot dead.
Second those in prison should be making products for cheap instead of having illegals here doing cheap labor to pay off society instead of playing video games, lifting weights or watching cable tv.

We have enough problems in the U.S. Who gives a shit about some mass murderer in another country.

You know, I think he's right; it ISN'T fair that other inmates get to play more mature titles than Rayman Revolution. This must be resolved in the most fair and just manner possible:

RAYMAN REVOLUTION FOR ALL!

There are two things you can be certain of when you are about destroy a human life in the name of justice:
1. Someone is already dead because the death penalty did not act as a deterrant
2. Someone is about to die because the death penalty did not act as a deterrant

The one thing you can never be certain of though, is whether they are truly guilty.
No offense, but that is retard logic.

Why have punishments for ANY crime then. If someone robbed a bank, then that means that punishments for bank robberies aren't a deterrent. Common sense says that's not true, and there likely would be far more bank robberies if the punishment was just a $15 fine and 2 hours community service.

Ugh, served on a jury with a guy that was like this, 100% overwhelming evidence and yet he still said there might be reasonable doubt and almost caused a mistrial. I was so pissed.

Seriously though, do you really think he's innocent? There is so much evidence, he's been proven to be medically fit and of sound mind, and he confesses proudly. I just can't manage the mental gymnastics that would lead me to question the guys guilt here.... :confused:

They were blindfolded? So the guns must have been stationary, making human interaction useless. (use a remote trigger mechanism or something). I thought they had 5 people shoot, but only 1 had a bullet and no one knew which.
LMAO! Can't tell if serious or not... I was clearly talking about blindfolding the person being shot, so that the shooters don't have to look him in the eyes. :D Eye contact creates a human connection and people have a natural aversion to killing other people, its part of our genetic code as it is for most predators to have an aversion to killing within your own species. So to help the shooters, you blindfold or put a bag over the head of the criminal being shot.

Ugh, served on a jury with a guy that was like this, 100% overwhelming evidence and yet he still said there might be reasonable doubt and almost caused a mistrial. I was so pissed.

Seriously though, do you really think he's innocent? There is so much evidence, he's been proven to be medically fit and of sound mind, and he confesses proudly. I just can't manage the mental gymnastics that would lead me to question the guys guilt here.... :confused:
You're the one who started derailing the thread into general commentary on the death penalty in the US. So, no I don't think he's innocent but that's not what I was responding to. I was responding to your off-topic comments about the death penalty.

And second, it's not retarded logic. It's 100% accurate. We do not execute for bank robberies so your example is nonsense.

So far, we have released over 100 people after serving, on average, ten years under a sentence to death until they were proved to be innocent.

We have posthumously exonerated three citizens. That means we have executed at a minimum three innocent citizens in this country.

With a bank robber once we obtain evidence demonstrating evidence we can release the innocent person--as horrific as it is to unlawfully incarcerate an innocent human being.

Also, like murder, with bank robberies incarceration is not a viable deterrent. The main difference is there are valid reasons to incarcerate a bank robber just as there are valid reasons to incarcerate murderers.

Killing murderers is not a viable deterrent regardless of how horrifically or gruesome we make the procedure. If you want to execute for other grounds we can have a discussion about that but in terms of deterrence the evidence is, as I explained to my class just last week as a matter of fact, "shaky" at best.

And no, you never served on a jury with someone "like me." For one thing I was wrongfully imprisoned in my twenties and it took a few years before the courts were able to properly examine the evidence. Secondly, I hold a doctorates in Criminology and Law. Thirdly, I've worked with various non-profit organizations and been on several government committees on sentencing policy so no prosecutor would ever allow me to be empaneled.

I also would never say something like unless there is 100% evidence of guilt I'd withhold an appropriate conviction. Nor would I say something as adenine as you claimed that someone was 100% guilty. The reality is that no one but the people involved in the crime know who did or did not engage in the actions. You can feel certain but that's a different thing.

In any case, discussion with you usually go nowhere but downward fairly rapidly so I'm just going to say what I said and leave it at that.

He kills 77 people, yet he claims they are treating him like an animal.
He's fortunate to be treated as good as an animal, considering he's lower than one.

I wouldn't give this guy an Odyssey, freaking waste of technology on such trash! :eek:
Fuck that guy.

They should figure out a way to cut him up and cook him for years and make sure he is alive the whole time.

Brevik is a pretty smart guy, all things considered.

Knew the laws of governing murder, knew he would never be executed.
Knew to distract police, leaving his slaughter pretty much undefended.

Ironically, it is this fact that this psycho claimed motivated him to go on a killing spree. Probably doesn't realize that, yeah, killing little kids probably isn't going to get you a lot of public support for your cause.

Knew his target. The relatives/children of significant political leaders in his country. Instead of trying to take out someone in office now, he takes out the sons+daughters that would continue on those legacies.

You want to REALLY deter murderers?
Give 'em the Darby treatment from Law Abiding Citizen, put it on TV every time, make it a public execution. Screw this life in prison BS.
Make people aware there is a consequence for their actions and its so damn grim is scares the living shit out of them.

Back