Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster

lol second comment is on point:

"Introducing the next epic game in the Mass Effect Franchise: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Mobile!

Help Commander Shepard defeat the Reapers by matching coloured shapes to fill up your N7 Meter, then unleash powerful attacks against your enemies!
Includes micro-transactions."

In all seriousness, there's so much fucking opportunity here. I hope they don't squander it, especially the PC version (assuming there even is one.)

It's interesting. It's a really good chance for either EA to really gain a lot of mindshare with their customers or make a complete hash of it. I guess worst case scenario we just continue to play the original version with mods rather than move to the remastered edition (just like WarCraft 3 Remastered... sadly).

It's interesting. It's a really good chance for either EA to really gain a lot of mindshare with their customers or make a complete hash of it. I guess worst case scenario we just continue to play the original version with mods rather than move to the remastered edition (just like WarCraft 3 Remastered... sadly).

I give them a 90% change of fucking it up and squandering the potential.

if done right this should be a glorious remaster...no need for a remake as the gameplay and story still hold up today...too bad they didn't outsource this to Bluepoint Games- they are the undisputed kings of remasters/remakes

They could phone in the remaster or otherwise half or no-ass the remaster and I'd still buy it because I tried the normal versions already and they have not aged well.

if done right this should be a glorious remaster...no need for a remake as the gameplay and story still hold up today...too bad they didn't outsource this to Bluepoint Games- they are the undisputed kings of remasters/remakes
Going to disagree. Mass Effect 1's combat is very poor in comparison to even ME2 and ME3. That did not age well at all. Very clunky.

I've played all three with extensive modding, so these will be interesting to see. My impression is that the upgrades are minimum, meaning just upscaled textures, engine supports 4k HDR at 60fps on Next Gen & PC, faster elevators / fewer loading screens, and possibly remastered audio. I would be truly surprised if it ends up being any more than that. I'd happily be wrong however.

Going to disagree. Mass Effect 1's combat is very poor in comparison to even ME2 and ME3. That did not age well at all. Very clunky.

I didn't find the Mako exploration as bad as a lot of people...yes a lot of the planets and building layouts looked the same but I still enjoyed traveling to the various planets and the mining mini-game...the ME series was always about the amazing characters...and the conversation with Sovereign at the end still ranks as an all time gaming highlight...fantastic dialogue and the voice actor playing Sovereign was top notch...

I didn't find the Mako exploration as bad as a lot of people...yes a lot of the planets and building layouts looked the same but I still enjoyed traveling to the various planets and the mining mini-game...the ME series was always about the amazing characters...and the conversation with Sovereign at the end still ranks as an all time gaming highlight...fantastic dialogue and the voice actor playing Sovereign was top notch...
I absolutely loved the Mako Exploration that's what originally sold me on the game. As I didn't find it very good initially. But the gunplay was considered clunky even when it came out. And save us from that inventory with the breaking down of 999 items after it got full. And then accidentally turning your best armor into gel as well. Or whatever it was called.

I absolutely loved the Mako Exploration that's what originally sold me on the game. As I didn't find it very good initially. But the gunplay was considered clunky even when it came out. And save us from that inventory with the breaking down of 999 items after it got full. And then accidentally turning your best armor into gel as well. Or whatever it was called.

I enjoyed the Mako just fine. As you mentioned, the inventory system sucked. Even some of the weapons being tied to classes sucked. ME2 was similar but at least had special weapons. ME3 was the best overall here.

I also enjoyed the Mako exploration very much. It was what I always imagined the planet-landing sequences in Star Control 2 to be like (if not for the simple overhead view). I also liked the "fuzzy" physics, and getting the Mako to do odd things, or seeing how long I could stay on a fairly hostile planet. I guess I just like exploration games in general anyway though, so this was a good fit. Probably why I like No Man's Sky so much.

Reactions: M76
like this
I also enjoyed the Mako exploration very much. It was what I always imagined the planet-landing sequences in Star Control 2 to be like (if not for the simple overhead view). I also liked the "fuzzy" physics, and getting the Mako to do odd things, or seeing how long I could stay on a fairly hostile planet. I guess I just like exploration games in general anyway though, so this was a good fit. Probably why I like No Man's Sky so much.

It would've been a bit better and a bit more interesting, but it nailed the "exploration for fun" concept well. Modern games have forced exploration, that often isn't fun, just to pad hour length.

Back