Mass effect street date broken at Kmart

Cool, now to find out what's up with that "it's great, oh except the combat is seriously broken" review. :eek:

Hopefully nothing.

The experience as a whole - the sense of awe that lasts all game long, and the emotions in your gut as you sit back at the end and just gape - pays off all on its own. Personally, it's the best game I've ever played, but even if you're not a hardcore sci-fi nerd like me, Mass Effect is a transcendent experience, the new standard-setter for what a game can be. You have to play it, and that's why we're kinda jealous of you. Even if you memorized all the previews and trailers, you're still not ready for how awesome this game is.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-82367.aspx

OXM: 10/10

Cool, now to find out what's up with that "it's great, oh except the combat is seriously broken" review. :eek:

Hopefully nothing.

IGN has a completely different opinion, as seen in this review of the combat, titled "Massively effective combat", There are two combat vids there as well.

There isn't much of a tutorial in Mass Effect for any aspect of the game, so figuring out what works and what doesn't in combat is largely up to the player. This can make things a bit frustrating when you first start and you'll almost surely die a number of times trying to figure out the ins and outs of the system. Once you unlock a good number of powers and start to upgrade your equipment, the game begins to open up and make more sense. After a few hours, the combat becomes fluid, dynamic and remains fast paced enough that action junkies will find this much more interesting than a traditional RPG.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/834/834262p1.html

After reading that review by OXM I am now 10 times more excited about this game than I was. DO you guys think this really could be "one of the greatest games of all time?"

I haven't read the OXM review (I let my subscription die well over a year ago), but from the snippets I've seen, and the 10 out of 10 score, the game certainly sounds like a winner. I think most BioWare fans expect nothing less.

IGN has a completely different opinion, as seen in this review of the combat, titled "Massively effective combat", There are two combat vids there as well.

That does look pretty nice. I'd been holding off on getting a 360 until now, what with it apparently being less stable than the original version...:eek:

Is this planned to be released on PC?

No, but "exclusive for Xbox" tends to get broken faster than a US-Indian peace treaty. It's even November. It doesn't look like it will be out on PC any time soon, but who knows, eventually.

Why is it that I never live in one of these mysterious areas where they break street dates?
I still wish we'd go back to the day before we had all of these "official" release dates. When the game was finished, it was shipped to the store and *gasp* they'd start selling it.
We have Super Mario Bros. 3 to thank for all of this garbage ;)

I have heard a game length of 70+ hours. I find this hard to believe, perhaps if you do all the side missions.

One of the devs on the Bioware forums says if you only do the main story with no side quests, it'll run you about 24 hours. He went on to say he completed the main storyline and a majority of the side quests in about 56 hours. I'd link the thread but I'm too lazy for that.

I managed to snag a copy of it (there are mostly only old people around where I live :p, so I am one of the only ones interested).

Wow. I haven't gotten too far into it, but it is amazing. Combat is not boring to me, and it sucks you in. I have only played for a little while, but this is a very good game. It is probably one of the best I've played this year, and I haven't gotten that far into it.

I think this got a 9, 9.5, 9 from EGM in this issue. Not 100% sure but it's something like that.

Back