Mass effect legendary edition questions.

morpheus50

n00b
Do all shield upgrades for armor work on the armors shield? I ask because for shield modulators and batteries the description talks about kinetic barriers. do those only upgrade players and squad members with barrier skill? Or do all shield upgrades work for shields? I found out that same upgrades don't stack in the new trilogy but can you use a shield modulator and a shield battery or charger together?

Do all shield upgrades for armor work on the armors shield? I ask because for shield modulators and batteries the description talks about kinetic barriers. do those only upgrade players and squad members with barrier skill? Or do all shield upgrades work for shields? I found out that same upgrades don't stack in the new trilogy but can you use a shield modulator and a shield battery or charger together?
Kinetic barriers is the accurate term. There is a codex entry in the game that explains they are commonly referred to as shields, but the protective barrier generated by your armor is a kinetic barrier. Biotic barrier is an additional layer that characters conjure on top of the that.

Short answer is that the Shield Modulator and other shield upgrades all contribute to your base "shield" amount before applying biotic barrier, if you have it. And they stack if you fit more than one on the higher level armor that allows two upgrades.

Tyvm Armenius for explaining if i have further questions for the remastered ME trilogy i will ask on this thread. I noticed when you do put a shield upgrade on armor the number it shows don't change but it actually does then.

Back