Mass Effect is coming to PC (May 2008)

Stereophile

Supreme [H]ardness
Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

* Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
* High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
* Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
* Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
* New decryption mini-game.
* New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1

Mass Effect..as it was meant to be played. BOO-YAH :D

I knew it would happen but damn that was fast. Only 6 months exclusive ?

my god that's awesome.. maybe I'll have enough time to upgrade before it comes out

Alien lesbian simulation on the PC? My dreams have come true!

Great!

Obviously because EA bought out Bioware. Good job EA.

I have it on the 360. Beat it on the 360.

That said, I will buy it again for the PC :p I'm a Biowhore. I did the same with KoTOR and Jade Empire. The whole time I was playing on the 360, I was thinking this would be awesome on the PC without the tech problems and a hard drive to cache data to.

Awesome! I haven't played a PC RPG since Oblivion... I'm really looking forward to this.

That is fantastic news; I can't help but be a little skeptical about the release date, but if it's true, that's great!

Now we just need to know what the system requirements are. Hopefully they are not ridiculous like the ones for Assassin's Creed for PC are.

If they fix the Mako I might actually be interested in buying this!

I gave up on the 360 version after about 6 hours due to the shitty combat and driving segments. Amazing story and voice acting though.

Awesome! Doesnt really matter for me since I have it for Xbox already but better graphics are always a plus.

Yeah, that didn't take long at all.
Funny enough, because of the nature of the gameplay, it might still be best played with a pad. The shooter elements are all pretty much automatic, so it's not like having a mouse will give you any real advantages short of 1-2 areas with distant enemies.
Pretty odd that they're focusing their key points on the controls. There really wasn't anything wrong with them...'cept the inability to run through cities.
I'm mainly looking forward to the improved inventory system. The 360's inventory was HORRENDOUS.
Improved graphics will be sweet. Hopefully the texture pop-up issues will be fixed.
Considering the PC version will obviously be installed, they'll hopefully speed up the slow elevator rides, too.

I really don't see any purpose to buying it again. It looks great on Xbox, playss great on Xbox and really, anything extra on PC will be DLC on the XBOX.

Very cool! After reading the article linked to in Zero82z's post I hope it really does come out. Here's to hoping!

Good news for those without a 360, but I won't be buying this game again, at least until it's clearanced out on the PC and I can get for under $10, ala Jade Empire.

Though, cmon, if anyone didn't think this was happening, you're crazy.

I *am* going to wait on MS to port Halo Wars though, even though they've said "it's not coming to PC", but they are say the same thing about all their published 360 games.

Was this game any good? I guess I'll wait for reviews, but I figure it's a $20-range purchase in late 2008 or early 2009.

WOOHOO!!! My new computer it coming in either today or tomorrow and I've been craving to play that game due to the lack of a X360.

I haven't played any games by Bioware yet (yep, haven't played KOTOR I or II or Jaded Empire) so I'm really looking forward to this.

Was this game any good? I guess I'll wait for reviews, but I figure it's a $20-range purchase in late 2008 or early 2009.

Yeah I thought it was excellent. The story is really well done and drags you in.

I've played bits and pieces of it. It got pretty high reviews all around. If you like western rpgs, you'll probably like ME. I read a new planet is coming as DLC to X360. I wonder if PC gets that as well ?

Yeah I thought it was excellent. The story is really well done and drags you in.

I agree. I rented and beat it for the 360 over 12 hours one weekend. There is a possibility that I will purchase it for the PC to see the game with better graphics and smoother gameplay.

It's a great game with a few fairly minor issues. It has long load times that could be easily avoided, it has a bad inventory system, and they repeat the same 3 bases over and over on the side missions.
Considering how huge the game is and how creative the story and world are, those are actually pretty tiny complaints.
I’d think a PC should be able to trim the load times, and they’ve already said they’ve changed the inventory system. The only other real issue is the recycling of the same bases…but then again, maybe the same intergalactic construction company built them all?
:)

The 360's inventory was HORRENDOUS.
Improved graphics will be sweet. Hopefully the texture pop-up issues will be fixed.
Considering the PC version will obviously be installed, they'll hopefully speed up the slow elevator rides, too.

Ya inventory sucked badly.
Texture pop-up isn't going to go away. Every UT3 based game I've played has taht. So annoying. And ya hopefully the elevators are faster ;)

Totally buying this again. Loved the game so much.

In case nobody saw this, some screenshots available of the new UI and Inventory setup for the PC on Fileshack

Since I don't have a 360, this is great news! I also have Jade Empire so this makes my day.

if the pc version has the new enhancements and downloadable bonuses for free, then i'll be pissed as hell as it cost money to get bioware's ME 360 DLC. Not to mention that the game for the 360 cost me $60 whereas it'll be cheaper for the pc version.

but then again, i'm just bitter right now. knew it would be ported, but this is really really soon. I thought the time lapse would be like Halo2.

Back