Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Loading Has Begun

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
While there has been no official announcement from EA, downloads have apparently begun for Xbox One and PS4 owners, and I imagine PC gamers should see similar activity in their Origin clients soon. Those of you who are EA Access subscribers will be able to test the game as early as this Thursday—even though you’ll only get to play 10 hours, the save file will carry over if you get the full game, so it’s sensible to try out. Do you guys think the Deluxe Edition is worth it? Thanks to Kyle for this one.

It looks like pre-loading is in effect for some of those who digitally pre-ordered Mass Effect: Andromeda on consoles. Some Xbox One owners confirmed the downloads beginning early this month while multiple PS4 owners found their pre-load had automatically begun as of this morning. EA still hasn't made an official announcement about pre-load availability for Andromeda, so we seem to be looking at a staggered release rather than a full-scale rollout right now. Make sure you have at least 43GB free for all of those voice files and alien smooching animations to propagate across your hard drive.

Mass Effect is my favorite franchise of all time but I'm only halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn. Way too little time.

Similar here, I got a late start on The Division and I am still very much into running the streets of NY handing out Energy Bars and Soda Pop.

Maybe when I get a little tire of that I'll look to this.

Similar here, I got a late start on The Division and I am still very much into running the streets of NY handing out Energy Bars and Soda Pop.

Maybe when I get a little tire of that I'll look to this.

Same boat. Have been loving The Division. This will be the first ME I didn't preorder...

I'm a bit unsure. Esp about the deluxe as it seems theres some guff in it for £15 more than I can get the base game from Amazon? Esp if the upgrade down the road is massively cheaper or in a sale.

I heard mixed reviews on Division when it launched so I didn't grab. Were the negative reviews unwarranted or have things been improved?

My Origin account lists pre-loading to begin on the 17th! (y)

I keep wavering over deluxe vs base (pre-order), also. Not sure it's worth the extra.

I keep wavering over deluxe vs base (pre-order), also. Not sure it's worth the extra.
I'm gonna go standard, I've regretted more "deluxe" purchases than when I skip them.

I especially hate it when part of the deluxe deal is some in game items that become obsolete 30 minutes in.

I heard mixed reviews on Division when it launched so I didn't grab. Were the negative reviews unwarranted or have things been improved?

Yes and no. Massive keeps screwing with the game in an attempt to fix their broken PVP which screws over the PVE players.

I think im pretty much done with pre-ordering any game anymore. Im sure it will have the now standard launch day issues..a patch.. then in a month or so, it might settle down. seems to be the pattern for many games nowadays. so i will wait

i will play it though, have enjoyed the others in the series, just am tired of how games are "released" nowadays

For Origin Access folks, we can play tomorrow. Pretty pumped!

Isn't it just the 10 hour trial you're getting?

I preordered mine on Amazon since they offer a 20% discount for prime users. Says it's shipping out on the 17th so I'll likely get it on Monday :/

Isn't it just the 10 hour trial you're getting?

I preordered mine on Amazon since they offer a 20% discount for prime users. Says it's shipping out on the 17th so I'll likely get it on Monday :/

Yes, it's just a 10 hour thing and I believe you can only progress so far. I've got it pre-ordered to keep playing, but it will be fun to play around with it for a bit.

It took about three hours but it's starting to feel like Mass Effect. I've been a little annoyed at some of the changes they made. I keep telling myself that I've put hundreds of hours into the original trilogy so anything different feels off but isn't necessarily bad.

I am enjoying it so far, only about 2 hours in. However .... what is with the voice for Kesh, the first Krogan I have seen. That is not how Krogan's are supposed to sound, even if she is female.

I am enjoying it so far, only about 2 hours in. However .... what is with the voice for Kesh, the first Krogan I have seen. That is not how Krogan's are supposed to sound, even if she is female.

I thought the same thing. Tann's voice isn't right for a Salarian either. Kumail is up there on my list of favorite comedians too.

Back