Mass Effect Andromeda Alpha Footage Leaked

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Finally, here is some footage from the upcoming Mass Effect game. This is supposedly work from 2014, so I would expect the final game to look better, but it does give us an idea of what gameplay features we might be getting. Since EA seems to be taking these down, here is a second link to the original video.

If it's real it's interesting from the perspective of seeing ideas and objects at an early stage of development, but it doesn't really tell us anything about the gameplay. The only thing that can be gleamed, if this is real, is that back in 2014 they added a jetpack to the game and were working on the design and physics of it. Given that this was two years ago every single thing in that video could be radically altered or removed by now. A lot of the animations seem to be straight out of Mass Effect 3 so I'm guessing those are placeholders. Can't really tell if the character models are pulled from ME3 or not. Can't really get a feel for the quality of them due to the low resolution of the video. Maybe they're better than ME3?

Just pre-alpha tech work, those character models looks like they were just dumped out of the ME3 resource libraries for demonstration purposes.

Looks like someones demo reel more than anything. If you look at the wording...

Back