Mass Effect 2 "Xinput1_3.dll" problems --Bravura's fault?

MrWizard6600

Supreme [H]ardness
So this is really annoying. After hearing Ryan Davis talk about new Mass Effect 2 DLC I was really looking forward to downloading and installing ME2 again and playing through it. But after installing ME2 I was greeted with the following lovely generic exception:

screenshot2-Copy.jpg

A little bit of googling suggests that xinput1_3.dll is an audio interfacing service dll for Direct Sound. The properties of the file suggests that its the latest version (9.18.944.0000), but it is also 105kb, where every other machine I've seen has it as 80kb.

since running into this problem I've:
  • copied a friends xinput1_3.dll into sys 32, rebooted and run ME2.
  • downloaded and installed the latest Direct X user runtime
  • downloaded and installed the Direct X SDK
  • reinstalled ME2 booting with msconfigs "only services" option
  • set "enable audio: off" in the ME2 configuration tool
  • reinstalled audio drivers

I'm thinking maybe its just a straight up incompatibility between some feature my sound card is advertising it has and Mass Effect 2's implementation of said feature, meaning no amount of communication between me and EA's support is going to get this issue resolved. I'm wondering if anyone here has an Auzentek Bravura and has successfully played ME2.

All my data is on D: and my RAID array is acting strangely (performance according to HT-tach is wonkey), so I might be reformatting soon anyways, but I'd like to avoid doing so if at all possible.

This is for the desktop in sig. Below is a dxdiag shot the EA support tech was asking for, I have little hope their going to get any help for me.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I kept thinking Bravura was Bravia TV as well as I came from the display forums, lol...

Have you tried disabling your sound card via device manager? This will help to confirm whether or not it is a hardware compatibility issue.

I'm hoping that some bits got flipped that shouldn't have and that re-formatting will solve the issue.

But thats not why I bumped this thread (I will on sunday with the results), check out the awesome customer support.

Myself said:
I’ll take it due to the generic reply there isn’t an entry for this specific problem.

attached is a screenshot of the requested information.

I’ve tried yanking one monitor and going solo, no use.

I’ve re-downloaded this game and installed it in msconfig’s “selective startup-> use original boot configuration + load system services”, meaning, when this game was being installed there was nothing (well, short of the network and PC troubleshooting items) in my systray.

All drivers are current as far as windows knows, but just to be sure I re-downloaded my display drivers and audio drivers. No luck.

I think the problem is with this game and Auzentek’s Bravura’s sound driver implementation. I’ve used the configuration tool provided to disable sound all together, to no avail. Same message.

thanks for the help,

-Geoff

Roberto said:
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts customer support.

We suggest you to use different browser(eg firefox, chrome, internet explorer). Also perform following troubleshooting :-

3.Clear browser cache

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10990

4. Disable pop up blocker

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9773

Note;--After doing above troubleshooting ,If the issue still persists then please try after 24 hours to 48 hours.It may some temporary issue..

If the issue persist please reply us back.

Thank you,

Roberto
EA Online Support

Damn Roberto, that fixed my problem right up.

Same issue here with ME2, and links are broken! SOS!

Figured it out. If anyone face the same issue, make sure you read this.

Last edited:
Back