Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

I don't remember what Sunset Overdrive was like when it launched on PC, but from what I've read Spidy uses a modified version of that engine.
As I remember it (granted my memory of 2018 is flakey at this point), Sunset Overdrive was perfectly fine on launch on the PC, even on an older FX 8320 with a GTX 970.

For those that played the game on PS4, is the "The City that Never Sleeps" just a pack of 3 DLCs or did it introduce some other content? I know the PC version will have all of the DLC included, just wondering how much DLC was released for the game.

For those that played the game on PS4, is the "The City that Never Sleeps" just a pack of 3 DLCs or did it introduce some other content? I know the PC version will have all of the DLC included, just wondering how much DLC was released for the game.

If I remember right, it was just those three.

https://nitter.it/insomniacgames/status/1554903491184939009
1659554635987.png

Looks like some screen shots have leaked from a review build:

There's the settings menu:
FZgaufwakAAcfJw?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Key mapping screen:
FZgaufzakAAZ0JX?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Source for both: Twitter

And two Reddit threads with some Ultrawide screenshots:

Here and Here

Not sure what settings the UW screenshots are running at nor anything about performance. The original Tweets from the leaker are long gone. According to the PCGamer article on the leak the UW shots were not taken at high settings, but beyond that there's no info beyond what the screens show.

another one of these Friday releases (August 12)...I kept thinking it was releasing on the typical Tuesday schedule

Last edited:
Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War were both $49.99 at launch on PC...they should have bundled both Spider-Man games (Miles Morales) for $60

I'm gonna get this when it drops down to 20 or 25 bucks lol
That's about my price point too. I own a ps4 with the DLC-less version of Spider-Man, I just never got around to playing it and then waited in case a pc version ever launched. The ps4 has been a Blu ray player for me since every exclusive I was interested in got announced for the pc :ROFLMAO:.

Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War were both $49.99 at launch on PC...they should have bundled both Spider-Man games (Miles Morales) for $60
They were $50, but honestly, there is no reason they shouldn't have been $60 like normal. My guess is God of War, etc are selling well enough that they are realizing they can charge normal AAA game price now.

I would be pre-ordering this at the best price I could get, but I am going to hold off until I have actually upgraded my ancient machine in order to get the best experience. Its getting painful waiting for Raptor Lake and the 4080 GPU gen.

I'll die before I pay $60 for a 4 year old game. It'll be 30 bucks in 6 months, and about 15-20 a year from now. Same as all the other PS4 exclusives they brought over.

If you wait long enough, everything will eventually be super cheap. It just comes down to your priorities and patience. Then again, it's also a PC game so you can also use sites like CDKeys and whatnot to take a chunk off the top, too.

They were $50, but honestly, there is no reason they shouldn't have been $60 like normal. My guess is God of War, etc are selling well enough that they are realizing they can charge normal AAA game price now.

Sony seems to be releasing all their best exclusives on PC so I can't blame them for wanting to get as much as they can...PC games drop in price really fast compared to their console counterparts so even the people that choose to wait won't have to wait too long...Steam Winter sale isn't too far off

I'll die before I pay $60 for a 4 year old game. It'll be 30 bucks in 6 months, and about 15-20 a year from now. Same as all the other PS4 exclusives they brought over.

Horizon Zero Dawn hasn't ever dropped under its current $24.99 sale price...God of War has also barely dropped in price since its release in January

I'll make up my mind tomorrow whether I'm getting this on Day 1...review embargo lifts for the PC version tomorrow...I never played the console version, so if reviews say the ray-tracing, DLAA, HBAO+ etc are top notch then I'm in (even at $60)

Launch time is 15:00 UTC this Friday. Typical Sony in that there is no preloading for the PC version.

1660066253945.png

I'm in unless initial reviews report dismal performance and/or stability issues.

Launch time is 15:00 UTC this Friday. Typical Sony in that there is no preloading for the PC version.

View attachment 499228
Preloading a single player game is so important because it's like an mmorpg launch, where you can fall behind if you don't stay ahead of the herd's progression! :p P. S. They already announced that there will be a preload.

I don't think I've ever pre-loaded a game...I have a fast internet connection and always heard it was best to download after it unlocks...something about unpacking the files taking longer with pre-loads

I don't think I've ever pre-loaded a game...I have a fast internet connection and always heard it was best to download after it unlocks...something about unpacking the files taking longer with pre-loads
I've only preloaded mmorpgs before since they're already unpacked or just update the beta client typically. I've never NOT been in a closed beta for an mmorpg that I stick with :eek:.

I'm curious if this will be the first PS port on PC worth getting a dualsense controller for.

Old Xbox 360 pads for the win! I have both wired and wireless ones :D.
I say dualsense specifically because this game supports the haptic trigger feedback, something you aren't going to get unless you specifically use that.

Considering how long it takes to unlock pre-loaded games, I usually find it faster to just download a game after release. With gigabit internet, I think it's actually faster and it's definitely more trouble free.

I say dualsense specifically because this game supports the haptic trigger feedback, something you aren't going to get unless you specifically use that.
Yeah, I know :). I was just saying that I don't think it'll matter.

Considering how long it takes to unlock pre-loaded games, I usually find it faster to just download a game after release. With gigabit internet, I think it's actually faster and it's definitely more trouble free.
For encrypted game files usually, yes.

Deathloop supported some Dualsense functions, but you have plug the controller in via USB. Seems those functions don't work wirelessly even though everything else seems to work normally. I think DualSenseX might allow for a work-around, though.

Deathloop supported some Dualsense functions, but you have plug the controller in via USB. Seems those functions don't work wirelessly even though everything else seems to work normally. I think DualSenseX might allow for a work-around, though.
All Dualsense features require a wired connection on PC without the use of third-party tools, as far as I know. Other games natively support them on PC, but I was referring to "PlayStation" ports. Deathloop was both PC and PlayStation from the start.

This is the first Sony PC port period that has native support for both haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.
Yeah, That's what i was thinking
All Dualsense features require a wired connection on PC without the use of third-party tools, as far as I know. Other games natively support them on PC, but I was referring to "PlayStation" ports. Deathloop was both PC and PlayStation from the start.
Interesting, Hopefully this will all work over wireless. I just ordered a ps5 controller for this game last week lol. Should be here Today or Thursday.

how many PC games actually support haptic feedback and the other DualSense features?

Back