Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

installed this via Game Pass PC...using the built-in benchmark I'm getting an average of 88 fps with everything maxed out at 1440p including native ray-tracing on Ultra with no DLSS

Attachments

• GotG.png
    GotG.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
installed this via Game Pass PC...using the built-in benchmark I'm getting an average of 88 fps with everything maxed out at 1440p including native ray-tracing on Ultra with no DLSS

I was around the 50 or so range with a RTX 3070 FTW Superduper Whatever, Ryzen 3700X. So I did turn on DLSS personally. DLSS had some minor issues as typical, but with it on I was in the 80-90 range if I recall with ray tracing. Game still looked fairly good, minus a few things like weapon effects.

I was around the 50 or so range with a RTX 3070 FTW Superduper Whatever, Ryzen 3700X. So I did turn on DLSS personally. DLSS had some minor issues as typical, but with it on I was in the 80-90 range if I recall with ray tracing. Game still looked fairly good, minus a few things like weapon effects.

I finished Chapter 1 and I'm really enjoying the game...graphics are top notch, soundtrack is excellent, the Guardians are great characters with some funny banter, story is pretty good as well...only negative so far is the flying mechanics of the ship...controls are bit wonky

this is an excellent game...one of the best Marvel based video games...just like with the Rocksteady Arkham series you can tell the developers really are fans of the GotG source material...the character models are excellent, the various alien planets/environments are really impressive especially with their use of color (it has so much pop even in SDR so I can only imagine how eyeball melting it would look in HDR)...combat is fun but not as fluid as the Arkham games

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I'm halfway through the game...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 1
there's a potentially game breaking bug in Chapter 8...the game gives you the wrong QTE prompt (at least it does when playing with kb/m)...the game ends early and goes to the end-credits so you need to hit the QTE otherwise you can't complete the rest of the game (you are given a choice to go back during the end-credits so you can replay that QTE section)...luckily I was able to get past it by hitting various keys to see what triggers it

the bug was listed in the official patch notes as a Known Issue:

-Chapter 8: Unable to progress through the 'hug' QTE with a keyboard (PC)
Workaround: Use a controller, or activate the option 'Auto-Win Quick Time Events' in the settings

Last edited:
I finished up GoTG earlier tonight...overall an excellent game...still has some major/minor bugs that need to be patched...ray-traced reflections weren't all that noticeable (unlike with Doom Eternal) but it was still a beautiful looking game...gameplay was really fun once you master all the mechanics...I played on kb/m but I have to admit this is one game which seems made for a controller...the game got much better after the halfway point- the villain got much more interesting later on as well...in the beginning he was a bit dull

the look of the characters in the game vs movies is something you get over really quick...it wasn't an issue at all...there's a lot of optional dialogue and if you go exploring trying to hunt down all the collectables etc the game can be pretty long...felt like a mashup of Mass Effect meets Tomb Raider

Grade: A-

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 0
The character designs in the game are much better than the movies.

Picked this up off CDkeys not sure what to expect usually cant stand stand Comic based videogames but didn't want to pay full price last year. I usually don't care for comic videogames because the comics are so much better but I like Crystal Dynamics only hope for a Deus Ex game.

20220816075049_1.jpg

LOL booted up the game and they trying to hit their player baseline by playing old music from the 80s like Kiss and Gary Neuman and Rick Rolled.
That is far as I got either this is going to be a good game or cringe. I suppose Guardians of the Galaxy was a 80s Comic I think so that is where it's coming from.

View attachment 501050

LOL booted up the game and they trying to hit their player baseline by playing old music from the 80s like Kiss and Gary Neuman and Rick Rolled.
That is far as I got either this is going to be a good game or cringe. I suppose Guardians of the Galaxy was a 80s Comic I think so that is where it's coming from.
I'm guessing you've not seen the films? The soundtracks are a big part of them

Looks like Shadow of the Tomb Raider definitive is on sale for $4 too. The base game is free on epic next week, but if you want the DLC or steam it's a good deal.

I played through the 1st area with the Pink Goo took me a while to figure out how to build a bridge with Groot just had to select him.
This game looks amazing on my 240hz IPS ultra smooth but I went back to my 144hz VA.

I played GotG on PC Game Pass and liked it a lot but I'm not going to buy it because I don't see myself replaying it anytime soon...$6 is an amazing price though...I might pick up Avengers for that price as I heard the single player story is pretty good

I played GotG on PC Game Pass and liked it a lot but I'm not going to buy it because I don't see myself replaying it anytime soon...$6 is an amazing price though...I might pick up Avengers for that price as I heard the single player story is pretty good
Avengers is still on PC Game Pass, as far as I know.

This game is giving the wrong prompts such as telling me to press X when it should be A. I googled it and this has been an issue since it launched well over 2 years ago. How in the hell did this not get patched right after release?

This game is giving the wrong prompts such as telling me to press X when it should be A. I googled it and this has been an issue since it launched well over 2 years ago. How in the hell did this not get patched right after release?
yeah i have that mismatch too, its showing PlayStation prompts. youll get used to what they actually mean.

i like this game for the most part. some dialog was absolute cringey woke shit, which was annoying but its not constant thankfully and it was way too short. im done in just over 20 hours. glad it was free, id be pissed if i had paid 80 canuckistani pesos for it....

Last edited:
I played this game with keyboard and mouse, so I never knew about that.

I played this game with keyboard and mouse, so I never knew about that.
yeah its goofy. they have a specific option for xbox controllers, shows all the correct button labels, but QTEs usually only show PS prompts. had e wtfing a few times but made it through. same with hopping over objects, its says press X but its actually A.

Last edited:
I think I got this free through Amazon Prime. I've been really enjoying it (coincidentally playing with a PS5 gamepad, so no issues with QTE prompts). The gameplay is easy enough as long as you utilize the abilities they give you and your teammates and use the pep talk buff when fighting bigger crowds or tougher enemies. Definitely a good game to play if you're looking for something that doesn't require much thought to get through and has high quality production.

This game runs and looks great (except maybe for the depth of field effect) and has all the bells and whistles (HDR, RT, DLSS, Atmos) of a modern game. I enjoyed the story and the humor; the humor was clean, but very good. I've not seen any Marvel/DC super hero movies outside of Batman, so I don't have any point of reference for "lore" comparison. Took me just under 21 hours to complete the main game; the EGS launcher shows "1 ADD-ON" over the game tile, so I might check that out if it's DLC.

Back