Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

early Previews are fairly positive...

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Hands-On Preview

They better be working on a Deus Ex game without all this ADD stuff going on.

marvelguard.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy minimum system requirements

-Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
-Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 / Intel Core i5-4460
-Memory: 8 GB RAM
-Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 570
-DirectX: Version 12
-Storage: 150 GB available space

Guardians of the Galaxy recommended system requirements

-Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
-Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel Core i7-4790
-Memory: 16 GB RAM
-Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super / AMD Radeon RX 590
-DirectX: Version 12
-Storage: 150 GB available space

AMD drivers promising up to 20% performance over the previous drivers for 6800XT/6900XT. Sounds too good to be true, LOL.

I picked this up, probably won't be able to play until later in the week. Reviews are good and if nothing else I want to support these types of narrative driven single player games.

The game unlocked on Steam at noon EDT today. It was initially released without the game's main executable (oops!), but that was quickly fixed with an update and it should be good to go. One issue the game has that people have been pointing out is that the button prompts for Xbox controllers are using Switch mapping, so A -> B and X -> Y are swapped. Keep that in mind if you're going to play with an Xbox controller.

Also, "just in time" driver was released for NVIDIA cards today.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/183364/

gotg.png

Anybody know what gives? This game isn't utilizing my GPU at all. This is with the latest nvidia drivers that just launched today. I checked my other games and they all work fine.

View attachment 406824

Anybody know what gives? This game isn't utilizing my GPU at all. This is with the latest nvidia drivers that just launched today. I checked my other games and they all work fine.
I am getting amazing performance in the game with everything cranked up at 4K and Quality DLSS on the new NVIDIA driver. What kind of hardware are you running on?

I am getting amazing performance in the game with everything cranked up at 4K and Quality DLSS on the new NVIDIA driver. What kind of hardware are you running on?
3080 Ti. It's a GPU utilization issue. All my other games are using 100% of my GPU and this one is using 35-45%.

It's definitely because of the low utilization. My fans are barely spinning up (they scream in all my other games) and GPU temp is very low.
no, if there's something causing the game to run at a low frame rate (i.e. artificially limiting it) then your gpu usage will naturally fall. you've got something else going on that's forcing the game frame rate so low the gpu basically isn't doing anything

that's why i said look into your overlay or any other gpu or hardware monitoring software. they are known to cause issues exactly like that sometimes.

Some updates:

- Reinstalling graphics drivers makes no difference
- Reinstalling the entire game makes no difference
- Disabling all overlays (Precision X1, CAM, Geforce Experience) makes no difference
- I'm getting 80 fps and 99% GPU utilization in the pause menu
- Frame rate and GPU utilization immediately drop when I return to game
- I'm getting slightly better frame rates and GPU utilization after the intro (54 fps average with 60% average GPU utilization)
- There is ZERO difference in frame rate with DLSS off vs. DLSS ultra performance (wtf??)
- Photo mode is buttery smooth! 90 fps, 99% GPU utilization (again, wtf??)

I feel like I'm being punished for buying from cdkeys. I can't even get a refund.

Some updates:

- Disabling all overlays (Precision X1, CAM, Geforce Experience) makes no difference
- I'm getting slightly better frame rates and GPU utilization after the intro (54 fps average with 60% average GPU utilization)
- There is ZERO difference in frame rate with DLSS off vs. DLSS ultra performance (wtf??)

I feel like I'm being punished for buying from cdkeys. I can't even get a refund.
any perf difference going low>med>high?

Some updates:

what are your main system specs?

what CPU do you have and what is the average CPU clock while in game?

try going into your power plan settings and choosing the high performance power plan.

Are you sure the game is in dedicated full screen?

do you have more than one monitor?-----try playing with only one monitor connected.

are you using any form of VRR (variable refresh rate)? try disabling it. (it also could be broken in game, if more than one monitor are connected).

in your Nvidia control panel, create a profile for the game. and then set power management mode to "prefer maximum performance".

any perf difference going low>med>high?
Nope! No difference between low and ultra. I also tried setting my resolution to 1280x720. And guess what? No difference in frame rate! Still sitting in the 54 fps range. This is the weirdest thing.

Can somebody please right click their gotg.exe file, go to properties, then details. What version are you showing?

what are your main system specs?

what CPU do you have and what is the average CPU clock while in game?

try going into your power plan settings and choosing the high performance power plan.

Are you sure the game is in dedicated full screen?

do you have more than one monitor?-----try playing with only one monitor connected.

are you using any form of VRR (variable refresh rate)? try disabling it. (it also could be broken in game, if more than one monitor are connected).

in your Nvidia control panel, create a profile for the game. and then set power management mode to "prefer maximum performance".

i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, EVGA 3080 Ti XC3

High performance power plan makes no difference.

Game is dedicated full screen.

Single monitor (LG C1 48)

Gsync on vs. off makes no difference.

Prefer maximum performance makes no difference.

It's hopeless. I'm just hoping for a patch at this point.

Have you tried toggling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows? I seem to consistently get better performance with it turned off. If you have it off, flip it on or vice versa.

Some updates:

i don't have the game so i don't know what options are available, but check fullscreen vs borderless fullscreen and vsync on/off and every combination thereof. it *shouldn't* matter but from time to time i come across games that don't play well with gsync and one or more of those combinations.

do you have a regular monitor to test with, instead of the TV?

Back