Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Eidos-Montréal is developing a Guardians of the Galaxy video game published by Square Enix...described as a third-person, single-player action game, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy puts you in the role of the roguish Star-Lord and unlike Marvel’s Avengers, there won’t be any microtransactions or future DLC...what you get on launch day is the final, full product

coming October 26, 2021 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and PC...

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Gameplay First Look

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Deep Dive

That looked very dull. And didn't seem funny either. Characters just keep blurting out words every few seconds during combat to which was a bit much. Considering how lame the Avengers game was, this looks to be more of the same. A forgettable action game.

looks much better then the Avengers game...the new character models aren't as big of a deal (probably because there are less human characters)

looks much better then the Avengers game...the new character models aren't as big of a deal (probably because there are less human characters)
i don't get why it's less of a deal with this game.. seems kind of like a double standard to hate on the avengers game for that but give this one a pass for some reason

i don't get why it's less of a deal with this game.. seems kind of like a double standard to hate on the avengers game for that but give this one a pass for some reason

I said the reason...there's less human characters in GoTG so there's no actor/human face/voice associated with it like Tony Stark, Captain America, Black Widow etc

I said the reason...there's less human characters in GoTG so there's no actor/human face/voice associated with it like Tony Stark, Captain America, Black Widow etc
starlord, gamora, drax, and others i'm sure.. and these are characters the player will be spending intense time with. why doesn't it matter for those characters?

starlord, gamora, drax, and others i'm sure.. and these are characters the player will be spending intense time with. why doesn't it matter for those characters?

for the 3rd time...most of the crew is not human...Gamora and Drax have a very non-human/alien look to them and the game did a nice job with their designs...only Star-Lord looks human (even though he's technically half-alien) and even then he uses a helmet often

for the 3rd time...most of the crew is not human...Gamora and Drax have a very non-human/alien look to them and the game did a nice job with their designs...only Star-Lord looks human (even though he's technically half-alien) and even then he uses a helmet often
yes, so alien.. the different skin tones set them SO far apart :p

yes, so alien.. the different skin tones set them SO far apart :p

alien characters in movies are either CGI or the actor is wearing a ton of prosthetics so you don't really notice the actor...with Tony Stark, Black Widow etc the actors are too closely associated with the roles- Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson etc so if you change their character models too much for a video game people will notice more

alien characters in movies are either CGI or the actor is wearing a ton of prosthetics so you don't really notice the actor...with Tony Stark, Black Widow etc the actors are too closely associated with the roles- Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson etc so if you change their character models too much for a video game people will notice more
hard disagree... dave bautista and zoe saldana became strongly associated with their respective characters because despite lots of makeup (mostly color and a little contouring) - their general physiques are left unchanged. yes they play non-human characters but just as is sci-fi/comic book tradition, aliens are typically no more than than different colored skin and maybe some small bits of latex appliances on the forehead or chin

Simple: The character models actually look good here and not like a community theater version of the Avengers like the other game. The art style is also different, which means the characters aren’t super uncanny valley monsters. Character animations also seem better over-all.

i think you guys have a little bit of selective memory going on...

Q1TGkKI.jpg

b89wt4F.jpg

View attachment 365817

View attachment 365818

I’ve played Avengers recently. No, I don’t have selective memory. Also, the Quill in the game doesn’t look like store brand Chris Pratt. All the characters in the game lean far closer to their comic book counterparts vs aping the MCU like the Avengers game does.

and exactly like I said you're choosing the 1 human looking character in GoTG...an alien creature in the Avengers game will be fine as long as the voice somewhat matches...everything in the GoTG game looks better from animation to character models to dialogue to world building

I’ve played Avengers recently. No, I don’t have selective memory. Also, the Quill in the game doesn’t look like store brand Chris Pratt. All the characters in the game lean far closer to their comic book counterparts vs aping the MCU like the Avengers game does.
wha.... how...?? are you serious?

lol whatever, the avengers game was trash because the game design sucked but it got a TON of flack for "looking like real people but not the famous actors" and this is EXACTLY the same thing going on

but setting visuals aside it looks pretty dope to me.

wha.... how...?? are you serious?

lol whatever, the avengers game was trash because the game design sucked but it got a TON of flack for "looking like real people but not the famous actors" and this is EXACTLY the same thing going on

but setting visuals aside it looks pretty dope to me.

Speaking of selective memory. No, the Avengers game got flack because the characters looked like fucking terrible imitations of the MCU actors to the point where they were pretty far into the uncanny valley. No one would have given a rat’s ass if they had a realistic look, but went more for representing their comic book counterparts instead of trying to look like legally distinct versions of the actors.

Speaking of selective memory. No, the Avengers game got flack because the characters looked like fucking terrible imitations of the MCU actors to the point where they were pretty far into the uncanny valley. No one would have given a rat’s ass if they had a realistic look, but went more for representing their comic book counterparts instead of trying to look like legally distinct versions of the actors.
i'm seriously dumbfounded that you can say that about that game but somehow this one is fine. and btw i'm not hating on either game's art style, personally i didn't give two shits about "looking almost but not quite like the famous actors" thing. i actually liked it because i'm not a fan of cel shaded comic book style in games (yes, even if they're comic book games.) but this is such a double standard, he looks exactly like dollar store Chris Pratt how can you not see this lmao

i'm seriously dumbfounded that you can say that about that game but somehow this one is fine. and btw i'm not hating on either game's art style, personally i didn't give two shits about "looking almost but not quite like the famous actors" thing. i actually liked it because i'm not a fan of cel shaded comic book style in games (yes, even if they're comic book games.) but this is such a double standard, he looks exactly like dollar store Chris Pratt how can you not see this lmao

He looks more like one of the Paul brothers or just random generic smug white dude to me. I really don’t see what you do.

The issue I have with this title and Avengers is that they are trying very hard to get the same vibe as the films while claiming they are not. Just pay the money for the real actors and be done, it would shut everyone up.

The issue I have with this title and Avengers is that they are trying very hard to get the same vibe as the films while claiming they are not. Just pay the money for the real actors and be done, it would shut everyone up.
but you see, THIS game is different, only Avengers tried to ape the movies

God damn dude, Avengers isn't a game worth getting worked up over. Give it up.
it's funny that you think i'm saying this in defense of Avengers. i literally don't give a flying fuck about that game, i just get really annoyed by hypocrisy.

it's funny that you think i'm saying this in defense of Avengers. i literally don't give a flying fuck about that game, i just get really annoyed by hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy that only you seem to see, or give a fuck about. Let people enjoy things.

the game’s main villain- Lady Hellbender

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy- Lady Hellbender Cinematic

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy- Developer insights: Music

Since the game brings 3 different styles in its music (Orchestra, 80's tracks, and rock), there's a lot of work put into creating the game's score...Steve Szczepokowski, Senior Audio Director at Eidos-Montreal, describes how he and his team fused these elements to create a unique musical experience and influence the gameplay with the game's soundtrack...

Guardians of the Galaxy to Support DLSS and Ray Traced Reflections

new trailer below, captured on PC running with an RTX 3080 graphics card...

Back