Marvell Yukon Lacking Ethernet Conductivity

NukeULater

Gawd
I am having a strange problem with the onboard nic on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It has a Marvell Yukon 88e8039 controller and for some strange reason it has lost all internet conductivity. I have reinstalled the drivers and reset the tcp/ip stack with no avail. The intel wireless card still works perfectly and enables the machine to connect to wifi. Only hardwired connections fail which leads me to believe that the issue is with the Marvell controller. Windows does see the the nic and will automatically install the default drivers. I also have control over the properties. I should mention that this machine is running vista home premium 32bit.

Any help is appreciated since I don't have wifi at my house. :eek:

Try a Linux boot cd to see if it works on that. Also try assigning a static ip in windows. You may need to reload if its only windows with the issues

if the lights don't light up it's not going to work. Try another cable or another switch port/etc.

if the lights don't light up it's not going to work. Try another cable or another switch port/etc.
I have already tested several cables and ports throughout my network. The rj45 port has a physical connection between the cable and the motherboard, I have tested it with my ohm meter. Despite this the lights still don't turn on. I think it might be a hardware failure but I am not sure why windows still sees the marvell controller and installs the default driver if it is missing.

I have already tested several cables and ports throughout my network. The rj45 port has a physical connection between the cable and the motherboard, I have tested it with my ohm meter. Despite this the lights still don't turn on. I think it might be a hardware failure but I am not sure why windows still sees the marvell controller and installs the default driver if it is missing.

The port itself is bad, or a connection between the port and the controller chip, most likely. Not sure what an ohm meter has to do with anything here. No lights = hardware.

The port itself is bad, or a connection between the port and the controller chip, most likely. Not sure what an ohm meter has to do with anything here. No lights = hardware.

Is the port disabled? That would cause it not to show lights. Check in device manager and advanced network settings.

Back