Marvel AOC-SASLP-MV8 - 8 Sata PCI-E 4x non-raid controller card

Has anyone had problems with drives on these controllers dropping out of the storage pool while under a heavy load?

I recently built a WHS set up with a Norco 4220 with an AMD Gigabyte GA-MA786GT-UDH3 and two of these controllers. I bought 10 Samsung Spinpoint F3EG 2TB 5400rpm Hard Drives to move my data on to, putting 4 of the drives on the motherboards SATA ports and 6 on the first MV8. I had no problem with installation and all of the drives were recognized when I connected them but occasionally I am transferring large files, like Blu-Ray rips, I am having the drive that is being written to drop out of the storage pool. If I pull the drive that dropped and reseat it, it will always show back up and I can restart the transfer. I haven't lost any data and at first I thought I just had a couple of bad drives but I have run test on them with no error reports and it had happened to all of the drives on the card at one point or another and moving the drives to the second card or different bay gives the same results. I haven't had any problems with the drives on the SATA ports.

I've read through this whole thread but only saw one mention of this happening but no follow up as to what the issue was.

hi,

which kernel did you use ? i was going to buy the same motherboard for my new server. i just can assume that the mvsas drivers in the kernel still have some problems with big arrays.

Last edited:
By kernel do you mean driver? I used the driver that was on the CD that came with the cards. I did some searching and that was the most current one I could find.

I've read posts on other boards where people have been using these with large arrays and not mentioning having any problems. I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue with the MB PCI-E or maybe the drives, this is the first time I have tried using 5400rpm drives for storage.

I used the driver drom the website for my whs. Ooc are you ruuning vail or the previous version of whs?

Has anyone had problems with drives on these controllers dropping out of the storage pool while under a heavy load?

I recently built a WHS set up with a Norco 4220 with an AMD Gigabyte GA-MA786GT-UDH3 and two of these controllers. I bought 10 Samsung Spinpoint F3EG 2TB 5400rpm Hard Drives to move my data on to, putting 4 of the drives on the motherboards SATA ports and 6 on the first MV8. I had no problem with installation and all of the drives were recognized when I connected them but occasionally I am transferring large files, like Blu-Ray rips, I am having the drive that is being written to drop out of the storage pool. If I pull the drive that dropped and reseat it, it will always show back up and I can restart the transfer. I haven't lost any data and at first I thought I just had a couple of bad drives but I have run test on them with no error reports and it had happened to all of the drives on the card at one point or another and moving the drives to the second card or different bay gives the same results. I haven't had any problems with the drives on the SATA ports.

I've read through this whole thread but only saw one mention of this happening but no follow up as to what the issue was.

I had this exact same problem with two of the 2TB Samsung F3EG drives. I spoke with Samsung about the problem and they RMA'd and replaced the drives. I've not had the problem with the replacement drives.

I'm running the current Windows Home Server and have it patched up to Power Pack 3. The drivers that came with the card are the same ones that are on SuperMicro's website.

I had this exact same problem with two of the 2TB Samsung F3EG drives. I spoke with Samsung about the problem and they RMA'd and replaced the drives. I've not had the problem with the replacement drives.

Thanks Cavediver, wonder if it's a bad batch of drives then? I ordered 2 different sets of 5 from Newegg and at one time or another they have all dropped. I thought I had it narrowed down to 3 of the 6 but started having problems with the other ones as well.

Thanks Cavediver, wonder if it's a bad batch of drives then? I ordered 2 different sets of 5 from Newegg and at one time or another they have all dropped. I thought I had it narrowed down to 3 of the 6 but started having problems with the other ones as well.

I don't know. Mine were purchased and replaced earlier this year (February - March). I actually have 4 of these in my WHS now and I'm about to add 2 more. They run very quiet and about 5 - 7 deg. F cooler than the WD Green or Seagate LP drives.

I don't know. Mine were purchased and replaced earlier this year (February - March). I actually have 4 of these in my WHS now and I'm about to add 2 more. They run very quiet and about 5 - 7 deg. F cooler than the WD Green or Seagate LP drives.

Did you by any chance change any of the setting in the BIOS for your cards?

Did you by any chance change any of the setting in the BIOS for your cards?

Yes, but I don't remember exactly what changes I made except to disable INT13 since the boot drive in my WHS is connected to a mobo sata port.

From what i can see 2.6.35-rc2 mainline has the mvsas patch's, I am going to give it a go tonight. will let you know how it goes.

Hey Yon89 ...

Was wondering if you ever get around to trying 2.6.35rc2 and how it worked for you?

Si.

Just wanted to report my success using the method below. I did this on a Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 system which has a 2.6.31-19-server. My array is 8 Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB drives in a RAID 6 configuration giving me 12TB of space.

I haven't done any performance testing but the array is fast and stable. The only issue is when I boot the system I have to manually re-add the drives to the array (mdadm) and then set it to running. I believe this is because the new mvsas driver isin't in my initrd since I did not rebuild it. Since this system is 'production' I am not willing to mess with it, and prefer to concentrate on upgrading to the LTS version of Ubuntu instead. Once all the drivers are readded and set to running it mounts fine. I have about 7TB of data so far on the array which is used for my MythTV backend.

I tried this method with Ubuntu 10.04 as I'd like to upgrade my MythTV backend but it no longer seems to work. I am anxiously awaiting 2.6.35.

Si.

# Be sure that all the required files are available
apt-get install build-essential subversion module-assistant
module-assistant prepare

# Make a directory, and get the svn files
mkdir sas
cd sas
svn co https://scst.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scst

# Remove the old driver ( or move out out of the way. Note the directory will differ based on your kernel version ).
rm /lib/modules/2.6.26-1-openvz-amd64/kernel/drivers/scsi/mvsas.ko

# Enter the directory to the correct subdir, and make the driver
cd /sas/scst/trunk/mvsas_tgt/
/sas/scst/trunk/mvsas_tgt# make

# copy over the new driver to the directory
cp mvsas.ko /lib/modules/2.6.26-1-openvz-amd64/kernel/drivers/scsi/

# Load up the driver, and verify that it works.
modprobe -v mvsas

# If you have drives attached, you will need to see new drives under the /dev/sd*

# Add the module to your kernel loading
vi /etc/modules

# Add the line
mvsas

# Save the file
:qw

#Thats about it...

I am having a similar issue with one of my two Samsung 1.5TB F2EG drives. I even tried moving it to another bay on my Norco, but it dropped out again last night. It seems to either happen during backups or during wake from sleep/hibernation.

Last time I pulled the drive and ran EStools on it, it detected a ram error and fixed errors on the MBR of the drive. Today after 2 complete passes, it detected no problems. Once I plugged the drive back in it detected fine and no problems since. I also only disabled INT13 since my OS drive is on the mobo.

I guess I will contact Samsung and see if I can RMA the drive. I don't know if I will be able to though since it passes their tests.

I am having a similar issue with one of my two Samsung 1.5TB F2EG drives. I even tried moving it to another bay on my Norco, but it dropped out again last night. It seems to either happen during backups or during wake from sleep/hibernation.

Last time I pulled the drive and ran EStools on it, it detected a ram error and fixed errors on the MBR of the drive. Today after 2 complete passes, it detected no problems. Once I plugged the drive back in it detected fine and no problems since. I also only disabled INT13 since my OS drive is on the mobo.

I guess I will contact Samsung and see if I can RMA the drive. I don't know if I will be able to though since it passes their tests.

All my drives are passing the tests with no errors so I'm not sure they are the issue. I have been trying to talk to Super Micro's tech support but they aren't much help. They have told me that only enterprise hard drives are supported by this card and since these are desktop drives they probably will not work. I doubt there are too many people running enterprise drives on these so I'm not sure I buy that.

hi yon,

if you´re on ubuntu try this: http://federicomoretti.name/tip/custom-kernel-on-ubuntulucid-rc/
Theres a bug in lucid which will prevent a working initrd. I had the same issue lately.

Also i just received my controller card. Tomorrow the rest of my server gear will arrive. I already tested the controller card in my desktop with ubuntu server 10.04 with the shipped and one of the latest kernels (afair 2.6.35-rc3). With both kernels i had kernel trace messages in dmesg, but the (boot)drive worked so far.
I was surprised that booting ubuntu server from a drive connected to the controller is supported out of the box.

The card will be connected to 5 x 2tb wd green. I´ll post my experiences in the next days.

All this discussion about recompiling a kernel makes my skin crawl.

I believe that v2.6.35-rc1-lucid and newer have the mvsas fixes from Srinivas (see http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.35-rc1-lucid/CHANGES).

Can't you just do a kernel changeout? For example see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1503491.

Comments?

srengr

Yes that is what i am going to do when i get home i compiled the new kernel just forgot to move the initrd files to there new home *crosses fingers*

All my drives are passing the tests with no errors so I'm not sure they are the issue. I have been trying to talk to Super Micro's tech support but they aren't much help. They have told me that only enterprise hard drives are supported by this card and since these are desktop drives they probably will not work. I doubt there are too many people running enterprise drives on these so I'm not sure I buy that.

Samsung gave me a RMA so I will send it back and see what they say if they even look at the drive. I would think it was a problem with their drives but the fact one is working flawlessly points to a bad drive.

Fedora 13 + Kernel 2.6.35-rc3
Card is working with mdadm raid5 for me.

have you tryed hevy load that is what i was havving trouble with it would lock up the raid card (all the activity lights would jam on and the server would freeze). i have not managed to compile the kernel in debian yet. :mad:

I've had the same issue as Yon89 describes with the AOC-SASLP-MV8 HBAs. I had two controller cards installed in a SM X8SIL-F motherboard in a Norco 4220 with 12, 2TB drives attached running a RAID6 array under Ubuntu 10.04 (with the production kernel).

Under heavy loads (i.e. two parallel instances of copying large files from a Windows client), the cards seem to freeze, lights on constant or lights 0 and 4 out on each card and the server becomes unresponsive. I've been waiting to see if the 'fixes' to the newer linux kernels solve the heavy load freeze issue before diving back into a linux-based server using these cards.

I switched to WHS with the same hardware setup. The server is more stable, but I have to unrack the storage drives to get WHS to boot (goes black after the splash screen). Once WHS boots, I rack in each drive in sequence, and WHS will pick them up and sync. Kind of an involved process.

I'm trying to figure out if these issues are all related to the HBA card or drivers, or some other system problem, but I am not having much luck narrowing it down.

I recently got an Atto ESAS-H30F-000 (PCIE HBA, supports 16 SATA drives) that I am going to try out.

Any thoughts on working the bugs out of the less expensive AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards to would be much appreciated.

--srengr

srengr, that's the way it was acting for me with the older kernels.

So far, i had what appears to be a drop out overnight.

Code:
end_request: I/O error, dev sde, sector 3560990330
md/raid:md0: read error not correctable (sector 3560990296 on sde1).
md/raid:md0: Disk failure on sde1, disabling device.
<1>md/raid:md0: Operation continuing on 6 devices.

The array is currently rebuilding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yon89

i did but when i compile the new kernel it panics and will not start... I am looking into it.

I had the same issue over the weekend. However I saw the note about inird issues and now that 2.6.35 is mainlined I am going to give it another shot.

Let us know how you make out.

Si.

All this discussion about recompiling a kernel makes my skin crawl.

I believe that v2.6.35-rc1-lucid and newer have the mvsas fixes from Srinivas (see http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.35-rc1-lucid/CHANGES).

Can't you just do a kernel changeout? For example see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1503491.

Comments?

srengr

Thanks for the links, I might give the 2.6.35-rc1-lucid kernel from the kernel-ppa a shot on my system and will post my results.

Si.

I switched to WHS with the same hardware setup. The server is more stable, but I have to unrack the storage drives to get WHS to boot (goes black after the splash screen). Once
--srengr

I also had this probelm i fixed it by togiling the s13 setting (or something like that) in the AOC bios it makes the drives not bootable at boot time :p

I'm looking to get one of these cards, and want to make sure that I get the right cables to hook it up to my 4220. Are these the correct cables? Are there any other sources of cables, since 20 inches seems to be a little on the short side?

Graham

I setup a test boot drive tonight with 10.04, kernel 2.6.35-4-server (from Ubuntu kernel PPA) and mdam. I shutdown my working system and booted with the new os. mdadm didn't assmble my raid on boot, which has always been a problem for me. It only binds one drive which leaves the array nonoperational. So I end up doing the following procedure:

1. mdadm --run /dev/raidevice
2. mdadm --add /dev/raiddevice /disk (repeat for each missing drive)
3. mdadm --run /dev/raidevice

So I ran through this and then the array was up and I could mount it. Once mounted I ran Bonnie to put some load on it and see what would happen, unfortunately I experienced the same drive dropouts:

Jun 20 21:09:30 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 176.747573] md/raid:md_d5: device sdc operational as raid disk 0
Jun 20 21:09:30 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 176.750490] md/raid:md_d5: allocated 8490kB
Jun 20 21:09:59 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 205.913329] md: bind<sdj>
Jun 20 21:10:05 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 211.784350] md: bind<sdi>
Jun 20 21:10:07 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 214.054431] md: bind<sdh>
Jun 20 21:10:08 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 215.353287] md: bind<sdg>
Jun 20 21:10:11 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 218.183242] md: bind<sdf>
Jun 20 21:10:12 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 219.333207] md: bind<sde>
Jun 20 21:10:15 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 221.884490] md: bind<sdd>
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdd operational as raid disk 1
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sde operational as raid disk 2
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdf operational as raid disk 3
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdg operational as raid disk 4
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdh operational as raid disk 5
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdi operational as raid disk 6
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdj operational as raid disk 7
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.138805] md/raid:md_d5: device sdc operational as raid disk 0
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.140097] md/raid:md_d5: allocated 8490kB
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.140143] md/raid:md_d5: raid level 6 active with 8 out of 8 devices, algorithm 2
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.140143] md_d5: detected capacity change from 0 to 12002393063424
Jun 20 21:11:02 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 269.140143] md_d5: unknown partition table
Jun 20 21:19:46 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 793.241187] ata9: status=0x01 { Error }
Jun 20 21:19:46 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 793.241201] ata9: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
Jun 20 21:19:46 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 793.242244] ata11: status=0x01 { Error }
Jun 20 21:19:46 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 793.242255] ata11: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
Jun 20 21:20:23 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 830.241177] ata14: status=0x01 { Error }
Jun 20 21:20:23 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 830.241191] ata14: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
Jun 20 21:20:23 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 830.242215] ata13: status=0x01 { Error }
Jun 20 21:20:23 xxxxxxxx kernel: [ 830.242226] ata13: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

So I booted back to my 9.10 OS which has the mvsas driver swapped for the the ones from SCST. This has been working perfectly for me for 6 months. Very disappointed this test didn't work as I would like to move my system to 10.04 so I can upgrade to the next release of MythTV. Fyi, my array is composed of 8 2TB Hitachi drives, model HDS721010KLA330 running in a RAID 6.

Here are my bonnie numbers from that system:

xxxxxxxx 10024M 22225 97 36586 13 40551 14 23550 98 527181 71 311.6 2 16 574 0 +++++ +++ 304 2 218 0 +++++ +++ 231 5

Si.

Last edited:
Yon89,

I you mean the Int 13 setting, this is turned off on both my cards. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

--srengr

Hi everybody,

simonsez did you follow the cookbook from grpomega when you compiled your scst drivers ? I still get weird error messages if i try to load the module. I´m also on Ubuntu like you. If you wouldn´t midn please post a short howto of how to compile the drivers for an Ubuntu system.

I've had the same issue as Yon89 describes with the AOC-SASLP-MV8 HBAs. I had two controller cards installed in a SM X8SIL-F motherboard in a Norco 4220 with 12, 2TB drives attached running a RAID6 array under Ubuntu 10.04 (with the production kernel).

Under heavy loads (i.e. two parallel instances of copying large files from a Windows client), the cards seem to freeze, lights on constant or lights 0 and 4 out on each card and the server becomes unresponsive. I've been waiting to see if the 'fixes' to the newer linux kernels solve the heavy load freeze issue before diving back into a linux-based server using these cards.

I switched to WHS with the same hardware setup. The server is more stable, but I have to unrack the storage drives to get WHS to boot (goes black after the splash screen). Once WHS boots, I rack in each drive in sequence, and WHS will pick them up and sync. Kind of an involved process.

I'm trying to figure out if these issues are all related to the HBA card or drivers, or some other system problem, but I am not having much luck narrowing it down.

I recently got an Atto ESAS-H30F-000 (PCIE HBA, supports 16 SATA drives) that I am going to try out.

Any thoughts on working the bugs out of the less expensive AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards to would be much appreciated.

--srengr

An update. I have finally given up on the AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards. Over the weekend, my WHS server implementation decided that several drives were suddenly "missing'. The system was basically idling at the time with no real I/O going on. I was able to get WHS to resync by pulling and re-racking each drive in sequence. I then copied all the data on the array to a backup drive (which took all weekend).

I installed the Atto card this morning. WHS booted and is currently updating the array. I'll report on how the Atto card performs over time.

SM really needs to work out the bugs with their new card. It is really disappointing since every other product I have used from them has been first rate.

--srengr

[Dodger];1035858210 said:
Hi everybody,

simonsez did you follow the cookbook from grpomega when you compiled your scst drivers ? I still get weird error messages if i try to load the module. I´m also on Ubuntu like you. If you wouldn´t midn please post a short howto of how to compile the drivers for an Ubuntu system.

hey dodger,

i used a method in an earlier post in this thread. i can't find that post at the moment, but i quoted the method and it's in this post:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035824139&highlight=mvsas_tgt#post1035824139

let me know if that helps.

this was back at the beginning of the year, so what i got from SVN is probably a lot different from what you are getting now. i still have the old svn code, but i am not sure what version it is. i am going to try compiling both the current and older driver i have to see if it works with 10.04. i'll post back here with results.

as i said it works perfectly, and i think my bonnie numbers show that.

Si.

Fedora 13 + Kernel 2.6.35-rc3
Card is working with mdadm raid5 for me.

hey kritter,

can you give us an update to let us know if everything is still working for you? i also tried ubuntu 2.6.35 but without success.

thanks.

Si.

hi simonsez,

i tried this howto:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035759359&postcount=439

I´ll give the howto you mentioned a try too. Maybe it works for 10.04.

I also found some scst stuff on launchpad, but thats obviously the iscsi driver only:

https://launchpad.net/~ast/+archive/scst

Bye and good luck everyone ;)

Update:

Linux xvm 2.6.32-22-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 23:14:23 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

modprobe mvsas: FATAL: Error inserting mvsas (/lib/modules/2.6.32-22-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/scsi/mvsas/mvsas.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg:

[ 453.883294] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_to_tgt_dma_dir
[ 453.883442] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_target_template
[ 453.883742] mvsas: Unknown symbol __scst_register_target_template
[ 453.884576] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_cmd
[ 453.885943] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_cmd_init_done
[ 453.886109] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_tgt_cmd_done
[ 453.886555] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_target
[ 453.886707] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_register_target
[ 453.887431] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_aen_done
[ 453.887932] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_register_session
[ 453.888149] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_mgmt_fn
[ 453.888488] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_session
[ 453.889213] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_data

No luck so far :(

Update 2:

i tried to compile the latest scst mvsas with ubuntu 9.10 and your mentioned kernel 2.6.31-19-server with the same result as above. I think its mandatory now to add the patches to the kernel source and recompile everything.
Is it possible for you to make your old svn scst source available to me? I´m really just interested to get a working mvsas driver. Even with an old Ubuntu Version or kernel.

Unbelieveable what a mess this is..

Last edited:
[Dodger];1035862593 said:
hi simonsez,

i tried this howto:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035759359&postcount=439

I´ll give the howto you mentioned a try too. Maybe it works for 10.04.

I also found some scst stuff on launchpad, but thats obviously the iscsi driver only:

https://launchpad.net/~ast/+archive/scst

Bye and good luck everyone ;)

Update:

Linux xvm 2.6.32-22-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 23:14:23 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

modprobe mvsas: FATAL: Error inserting mvsas (/lib/modules/2.6.32-22-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/scsi/mvsas/mvsas.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg:

[ 453.883294] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_to_tgt_dma_dir
[ 453.883442] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_target_template
[ 453.883742] mvsas: Unknown symbol __scst_register_target_template
[ 453.884576] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_cmd
[ 453.885943] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_cmd_init_done
[ 453.886109] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_tgt_cmd_done
[ 453.886555] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_target
[ 453.886707] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_register_target
[ 453.887431] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_aen_done
[ 453.887932] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_register_session
[ 453.888149] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_mgmt_fn
[ 453.888488] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_unregister_session
[ 453.889213] mvsas: Unknown symbol scst_rx_data

No luck so far :(

Update 2:

i tried to compile the latest scst mvsas with ubuntu 9.10 and your mentioned kernel 2.6.31-19-server with the same result as above. I think its mandatory now to add the patches to the kernel source and recompile everything.
Is it possible for you to make your old svn scst source available to me? I´m really just interested to get a working mvsas driver. Even with an old Ubuntu Version or kernel.

Unbelieveable what a mess this is..

Her Dodger,

I uploaded the old SCST source I downloaded from SVN here, it is working perfectly in my current 9.10 setup:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J7LC8PH0

I've tried what you did with the current SCST SVN on 10.04 and had the same issue. I am planning on trying the same method using this source and 10.04 to see if it'll work. Maybe I'll get around to it tonight, if I do I'll post my results here.

I've also tried the grpomega's method which you mentioned without much success. I may give it another shot.

I think the trick is to get it working with whatever kludgy means necessary and at some point it'll be supported in a mainline kernel, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Good luck, be sure to post your results.

Si.

Back