Marvel alliance 2

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
so who has preordered this game ?
i am getting it for ps3

i liked the first one but i saw some of the new heroes and i'm not all that excited.

I'm keeping an eye on it due to the coop factor, but I'm not exactly excited for it yet.

is it coming out for PC?
I tried playing it on the wii and it was awful with the camera controls...

The first one was pretty good, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one and will probably pick it up once it goes down in price.

is the gamestop commercial completely accurate about Juggernaut only being unlockable for thier pre-order customers?

yea at this point in time
iam sure you will be able to get the code off the internets

a guy at work preorder at gamestop and agree to share his code since i have to use bb giftcards to buy my copy

I may get this, or wait to see if my friend does. lol. Not a preorder game but definitely a must play
I keep trying to sneak nextdoor at work since I work 10 steps from Vicarious Visions. If only my lunch break was 1 hr and not 45 mins, I could test for them.

nice and then you could tell me to buy or not to buy

i have $45 in bestbuy giftcards and i want to buy a game

so your saying its just not worth the preorder ?

It might be for you. I very rarely pay full-price for any game, but if MUA2 is as good as the first it's probably well worth buying at launch.

Pre-ordering any game just guarantees you'll be paying the maximum price. Unless the pre-order nets you some extras, just buy it after it's released.

the first 44 mins of the game are up on youtube

the game looks like its going to be a hit!
it looks like a lot of fun and has alot of detail to it!

I never bought the first one because the previews reminded me too much of freedom force (but i didn't really know), which i didn't really enjoy.

but, i will probably get this one.

my big reservation with this game is that i worry abour replay value. i understand all the different characters, and you can play as the villians, but i feel ultimately, you're just replaying the story over and over. i just worry that it might get old before too long.

yea i guess i mean you can say that about any game

but they are going to be releasing alot of characters through dlc
i'm not sure how long the story is i'm hoping its long
but this a game you get to play online with 3 other people
or 3 of your buddies
i think playing new characters changes the gameplay and adds replay

the first UA had all characters sharing basically the same powers. cyclops' optic blast = nick fury's sniper = thors hammer throw. Thor's lightning = silver surfers AOE spell, etc etc.

i'm holding off, i want to play it eventually, we'll see after the reviews hit if its going to be worth the full price buy, i hope it does, but i have my reservations

the first UA had all characters sharing basically the same powers. cyclops' optic blast = nick fury's sniper = thors hammer throw. Thor's lightning = silver surfers AOE spell, etc etc.

Sorry. Just no.

Doesn't really sound like you played the game all that much if you say all the attacks are "basically the same." :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to it and have it reserved. The first one is on sale at Gamestop this week for $4.99. If you never played it it's definitely worth it.

comes out the 15th? I think i'll get it, marvel has my number >.< and i'll get the newest xmen movie while i'm there. god i'm a loser

WHY ARE YOU A LOSER ?
is the new xmen movie any good ?

Really? Everyone I know who's seen it has said no. The bigger fans of the comics make it out to be even worse. I intend to see it mostly because I played the game. I wouldnt really consider it "new" at this point either, considering it came out in may and is now almost released on DVD...

i think he meant 'new' as ebing 'relative to the other xmen movies' not related to all movies in general.

I enjoyed the movie. is it 100% accurate with comics? of course not. Does it get the point across? I thought so. is it the greatest movie of all time? not at all. Thats the trouble with fanboys, never can get it right...

lets talk about Marvel ultimate alliance 2 !

you guys seen the gameplay movies on youtube ?

While the general character mechanics in the first Ultimate Alliance were similar...it's no different than playing Street Fighter and saying that Guile and Ryu are the same because they both have a projectile and an anti-air attack. There were pretty definite differences between the characters, with only a few exceptions.
I had a ton of fun with it. It came with the Elite systems last year and I don't think I've played a pack-in game that much in 20 years.

I really think the only knock on the first game is that it felt like a PS2 game that someone had just upped the resolution for. As long as this one's being designed with the next-gen systems in mind, it should be great.

I enjoyed MUA but not enough to pay full price for it (I got the first for $8 on ebay). The video did look like a good bit of fun though.

I've already got a long list of games I want this fall and it didn't quite make the cut (heck, I had to whittle the list down from 6 to 2 games as it is). My time/$$ is going to Forza 3 and MW2. Later on I'll pick up Tekken 6 and I'll probaly just rent Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, and MUA 2.

While the general character mechanics in the first Ultimate Alliance were similar...it's no different than playing Street Fighter and saying that Guile and Ryu are the same because they both have a projectile and an anti-air attack.

I was gonna use a different comparison. It's like saying a sniper rifle in Counterstrike is the same as the railgun in Quake.

It's not even an apples to oranges comparison.

I'm holding off on this one till it hits the $20 used point, I liked the first one quite a bit, but not enough to day one purchase this one at $60, especially with all the other titles coming down the pipe.

i picked it up last night. the environment is the biggest difference for me so far. also they kinda simplified combat. less power moves, more of the "fusion" moves. Still fun. Kinda odd story so far though.

i never played the first mua1 but a guy at work has it and highly recommend it. He was really big on getting the sequel and stuff so this was kind of a blind buy. I have really enjoyed this game alot ! Its very fun !! its one of the few games that i think the reviewers got wrong
i think the game is 8.5-9 not a 7.5 its too much fun
the story is very well written
some say the voice acting is bad but i don't notice it to be that bad
ANYWAYS

I got extra ps3 juggernaught code and i have a xbox 360 code pm to get it !

Sorry. Just no.

Doesn't really sound like you played the game all that much if you say all the attacks are "basically the same." :rolleyes:

i played the shit out of the first game. you had characters like storm and nightcrawler who had very unique powers. but i guess i'm the only one who feels like the characters are all mix and matches of the same powers. cyclops optic blast = silver surfers beam. silver surfer had a radial attack that was pretty much the same as thor's lightning attack. ice man = human torch in exactly the same skills except for fire vs ice. iron man's pulse cannon = spider man's web balls.

maybe it's just me.

anyone have network issues with UA2? rented it and played with from friends, we kept getting disconnected or frozen

i have ps3 when i first got the game i played online but didn't notice any lag and we were using mics too

Back