Martha is Dead (Dark Thriller/Walking simulator)

scojer

[H]F Junkie
Martha is Dead is a dark first-person psychological thriller, set in 1944 Italy, that blurs the lines between reality, superstition and the tragedy of war.

I just played through this and it's... It gets dark. My only complaint is walking is a bit sluggish, but the storytelling is great, and the graphics are good. Also, don't play if you're an emotional softy.

And don't even think about getting the PS4/PS5 version. It was heavily censored on the Sony console. I know this is the PC subforum, but just a heads up nonetheless.

And don't even think about getting the PS4/PS5 version. It was heavily censored on the Sony console. I know this is the PC subforum, but just a heads up nonetheless.

Heavily is an overstatement, there's two scenes that are still fully intact, they're just not interactive anymore.

Still, censorship in any form stinks.
Sony needs to chill.

Looks interesting. I enjoy games that have the feels...good chance I'll like this.

Thanks for posting scojer; this one wasn't even on my radar. Added to wishlist to pick up when it's on sale. I'm in the middle of about 3 games right now and have a few more that I still need to get to.

How did you find out about it? I haven't seen anything on this one, but I don't follow gaming sites like I used to.

Looks interesting. I enjoy games that have the feels...good chance I'll like this.

Thanks for posting scojer; this one wasn't even on my radar. Added to wishlist to pick up when it's on sale. I'm in the middle of about 3 games right now and have a few more that I still need to get to.

How did you find out about it? I haven't seen anything on this one, but I don't follow gaming sites like I used to.
For me, I found out about it because a certain part of the internet wanted the game canceled for depicting suicide.

it's funny that Armenius mentioned censorship on the playstation version, because I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel and first heard about it when they uploaded the reveal trailer a couple of years ago.

After clearing my backlog of horror games, I wanted a new horror game and picked it up. Not as scary as I would have liked, but it is nice and disturbing.

it's funny that Armenius mentioned censorship on the playstation version, because I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel and first heard about it when they uploaded the reveal trailer a couple of years ago.

After clearing my backlog of horror games, I wanted a new horror game and picked it up. Not as scary as I would have liked, but it is nice and disturbing.
Ah, was just wondering if it came up in your discovery queue or what but sounds like you're similar to me. There are a couple of vTubers that I watch who've played quite a number of horror titles from Not The Big Publishers that look good. I've never heard of most of them and turns out most are only like $10-$20 on Steam.

Ah, was just wondering if it came up in your discovery queue or what but sounds like you're similar to me. There are a couple of vTubers that I watch who've played quite a number of horror titles from Not The Big Publishers that look good. I've never heard of most of them and turns out most are only like $10-$20 on Steam.

I definitely prefer the moodier games and have played quiet a few. I get most of them from just browsing the store and Playing what stands out or new trailers.

I guess if I was going to compare this to another game, it's kinda like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, or What Remains of Edith Finch with a bit of The Park sprinkled in.

The censorship is large bullshit. They turned quick time events (I thought people here hated those) into cut scenes with the option to skip (this helps with speed runs and most people get bored of those after one or two times).

So now people here are rooting for quick time events, I mean that started on the PC so I guess that make sense but with all the complaining about them like own a PC gaming issue or hate it. Don't have it both ways.

The censorship is large bullshit. They turned quick time events (I thought people here hated those) into cut scenes with the option to skip (this helps with speed runs and most people get bored of those after one or two times).

So now people here are rooting for quick time events, I mean that started on the PC so I guess that make sense but with all the complaining about them like own a PC gaming issue or hate it. Don't have it both ways.

I think censorship in any form is unacceptable. Let us play the game the way the developers wanted us to play it.
Also, the type of qte I hate, personally, are during boss fights or chase sequences. They're largely different than the qte in this game, which don't cause you to lose if not pressed.

I think censorship in any form is unacceptable. Let us play the game the way the developers wanted us to play it.
Also, the type of qte I hate, personally, are during boss fights or chase sequences. They're largely different than the qte in this game, which don't cause you to lose if not pressed.

This is fine and all but when the developers want people to play a game at a certain frame rate or with window boxing people lose their shit and stomp their footsies till the floor shakes in China and scream about "I game on the PC so I shouldn't have to play the game the way the developers wanted, this is bullshit".

So people hate QTEs until a QTE is removed. And people don't want to play the game the way the developers wanted to until the developer removes a QTE. People want to be able to skip cut scenes until an option to skip a cut scene is given. I know, PC gaming in a nut shell but it's still silly.

As censorship this doesn't rate. Many games have been censored or flat out banned in certain regions before this is a giant nothing burger. Furthermore this is going to backfire. Anytime word gets out that something was so over the top violent people threw a hissy fit everyone immediately goes out and buys it. I'm certain the developers and Sony are well aware of this and laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.

Back