Marry Christmas to me!

northrop

grumman
Early Christmas present to myself :D

702001.jpg

And a family portrait:
702002.jpg

I'd love to take it out tonight. It's too bad I'm sick and stuck at home. Guess, I'll read a manual or something.

Last edited:
Ah, sweet! Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing the shots from this.

Nice family! I'd love to have a 2.8 and you have a whole set.

if i wasnt so jealous id make fun of the fact you spelled merry as marry

Is it alright if I hate you?

why all zooms? I would dump one the least used zoom and pick up a prime. Are you on fullframe body or a crop.

why all zooms? I would dump one the least used zoom and pick up a prime. Are you on fullframe body or a crop.

lol - was about to answer this, but decided it wasn't worth ranting over possible troll-bait. :p

Suffice to say I love my primes as much as the next guy, but these are still the three lenses that are must-have if you're considering ever going pro photog.

no troll here. It is probably just my shooting style, but I would much rather have 50mm instead of a 24-70 in most situations. Most of the pro sports photogs I know can get away with using only primes an 85mm indoor sports and 300/400mm for outdoor.

^well, I do have both, the 50mm 1.4 prime and obviously the 24-70mm zoom, and i use them both. The zoom lens might be getting used slightly more than the prime because of the versatility, but I don't threat it as a replacement. They are both useful in their own way. the only other primes I would consider buying are the already mentioned 85mm and maybe a 24mm /1.4 (1.2?) if it ever gets released. I always had my eye on the 200mm 2.0, but that is way beyond my budget. I don't ever intend of going pro either, and I don't shoot sports. Not now, anyway. And when I do, I usually end up renting a 300mm 2.8 for a day or two.

@xspango - right now I only own a crop camera, but I often take my friend's D700 for the day. Without doubt, my next purchase will be an FF camera, but that won't happen for another 2-3 years, minimum.

^^If you use it on a crop you lose a bunch of wideangleness.

sometimes i do miss the D700, but i still think it was the right way to go. like i said above, i will be upgrading to FX next time around. so i skipped on getting DX lenses. in the long run, i'll save money this way. i paid $1400 for the 14-24 back in the mid 2008. should i go with a DX for $600-900 (whatever the price was back them), and then upgrading to 14-24 later for $1900 (the current price), i'd end up spending significantly more then i did. i can live with the 14-24 on a crop for now.

Back