Mark Zuckerberg Shows New VR Demo at Oculus Connect

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg gave a live demo at Oculus Connect today of a virtual reality social application that lets you interact with other people in a virtual environment. Zuck also gave us a sneak peek at the wireless Oculus headset that uses "inside-out tracking" from an internal camera.

Uhg, god I just could not watch this with all the cringey scripted dialogue. Why cant they just act natural instead of acting natural? They want to demonstrate how you can have VR meetings under the ocean or on Mars, so they pretend like they're all freaked out by the sharks under the ocean and then go to mars "but wont going to mars cost billions of dollars?!" "why no, in VR we can go there for free!" Uhhhhhhggggg...

Uhg, god I just could not watch this with all the cringey scripted dialogue. Why cant they just act natural instead of acting natural?
Because they're psychopaths and this is the best they can figure out.

So we're going to replace a real-life social interaction with a digital virtual reality approximation of a social interaction?

I thought the presentation was good... inside out tracking bit was underwhelming though... maybe bad editing? very excited to see more progress...

oh and yea, obvious/bad acting is obvious... but that's kinda the point I thought...

inside out tracking bit was underwhelming though... maybe bad editing? very excited to see more progress..

Obviously it's limited to the new prototype and we only got a small glimpse of it. People that got to demo it were not able to take any pictures. What they say though, is that it worked very well. I think Oculus is making very good progress with this and in VR overall.

Back