Marissa Mayer Fires Yahoo COO

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess since she brought him into Yahoo, it's best that she's the one to take him out as well. You gotta love the "I appreciate your contributions...just contribute somewhere else" statement below:

During my own reflection, I made the difficult decision that our COO, Henrique de Castro, should leave the company. I appreciate Henrique's contributions and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

I find it funny some consider this chick a "tech rockstar"... She hasnt contributed anything to the company besides going on a shopping spree on anything she can lay her hands on. While its a strategy, it doesnt compare to what Ford, GM, and Chrysler had to do to turn it around. (they paid all their debts to the gov. btw)
Dont use yahoo services and never had a reason to.

I find it funny some consider this chick a "tech rockstar"... She hasnt contributed anything to the company besides going on a shopping spree on anything she can lay her hands on. While its a strategy, it doesnt compare to what Ford, GM, and Chrysler had to do to turn it around. (they paid all their debts to the gov. btw)

I wouldn't say that she hasn't "contributed" anything to Yahoo, you gotta give her a little credit for adding a nursery to her office....

That's harsh. At my last company, my boss always announced any departure (pure headcount-based "layoff", cause-based termination, or resignation) as "<company> and <employee> have chosen to part ways, we wish <employee> the best of luck in all <he/she> does."

Yeah, everyone KNOWS why the person left within 10 minutes, but it's still at least politer than "don't let the door hit you on the way out!" for an email record.

As I understand it he still gets his 4 year bonus package that adds up to about $56m so I'm sure he'll not mind too much.

She's a cute MILF though.

"should leave the company" - what is that corporate-speak for? He was fired?

Sounds a little crude, even for a company like Yahoo.

"During my reflection I decided that Henry should leave the company..."

That's bullshit speak for he was challenging my authority and making me look bad so I fired him.

This idiot gave $40 million to some teenager who made the Summly app. She's definitely made some contributions :rolleyes:

Here is sexism in its purest form.

The ONLY reason to post ANYTHING about Yahoo is because SHE is not UGLY and old.

Why don't we hear about every stupid decision Meg Whitman makes? Because she looks like the back end of a pickup truck.

Isn't there enough tech news that REALLY matters to fill these pages?

They actually have a great Yahoo Finance section if you're in to that. It provides more data than a majority of others out there.

Ok, I lied, I do OCCASIONALLY use the finance page for a quick look at the market. However, it has changed a lot and is not as good as it used to be.

Yahoo! Weather is the best Android app of its kind that I've been able to find.

I used to visit yahoo sport on regular basis. I love the white background.

Now, I avoid it due to its slowness.

Therefore, I am not sure she is best person for the CEO position. She is making all the wrong changes.

ALL the latest "refreshes" are worse.
1. Yahoo Sports
2. Yahoo Finance (made my.yahoo.com WORSE)
3. Flickr full of ads.
4. Yahoo Mail
5. ...

If you click to provide feedback, the top voted posts are about asking to go back to the old yahoo

1. Yahoo Sports
3. Flickr full of ads.
4. Yahoo Mail
5. ...

If you click to provide feedback, the top voted posts are about asking to go back to the old yahoo

Absolutely. They've trashed up the place attempting to 'modernize' it.

It's actually a very interesting idea, but people like you come in a thread and slam it into the ground for no reason.
so STFU if you have nothing good to say.

1. Yahoo Sports
3. Flickr full of ads.
4. Yahoo Mail
5. ...

Yahoo Mail is the only service I use, but I agree..I do not like the new interface....I realize its free , but I also dont like that they force me to use the 'new" service ..I didn't ask for no stinking upgrade..:)

Does Marissa still read every resume and approve all hires in the entire company like when she started? Maybe she does all the firing herself too. I think shes batshit crazy personally.

Her job at Google was making things pretty...

"During my reflection I decided that Henry should leave the company..."

That's bullshit speak for he was challenging my authority and making me look bad so I fired him.

Could also be translated as, he didn't like my ideas, so I got rid of him. I had a company owner for a boss like that, myself, and my supervisor didn't like his dumb ideas of going from custom built PC's to pre-built NEC cheapo systems, and add a huge mark up on the system, so he got rid of us, made sure he reluctantly paid my unused holiday time though, the weasely little shit.

The Yahoo finance update is awesome for me. They partnered with SigFig and it can automatically import all of my data from Schwab and Vanguard into a portfolio. Even Google finance would choke on imports.

Back