Mario Symbols Appear in Bike Lanes

It's only a matter of time before some kids start standing along the sides of the street and begin tossing green shells at those riding by.

Its only a matter of time before some dumb arse gets the star power up then cuts in front of a car thinking he can't be hurt. Then sues Nintendo.

On the other hand, thats freakin awesome lol

I gotta say, some people are pretty creative and i am glad they are around to give us laghs like this. How can anyone be upset about this? LOL

Pass over these on Williams every day, really cheered me up the first time I saw them. Can't get the Mario Cart music out of my head now.

I noticed how the bikers were avoiding the banana peel. If I lived there I would probably bike on those lanes while carrying a green shell plush I bought last year.

I noticed how the bikers were avoiding the banana peel. If I lived there I would probably bike on those lanes while carrying a green shell plush I bought last year.

If I had one I would make the trip. Throw it at other bikers wheels and when they fall over make the standard sound of your character of choice as you pass them.

I was mostly impressed the the news had the story straight and weren't trying to pass it off as a terrorist attack. Usually when stuff like this happens they're totally oblivious as to what it is and their first reaction is that it must be terrorists, cult symbols, or graffiti-ing kids that need to be thrown in the slammer.

I gotta say, some people are pretty creative and i am glad they are around to give us laghs like this. How can anyone be upset about this? LOL

Yea they looked well done. This is the stuff you just laugh off and move on.

lol nice!

On the highway I use to commute to work, the workers who had patched the cracks drew a giant 5x5 smiley face right in the middle of a lane. Every day I pass it, it makes me crack up. Its been there for about 3 years now.

Meh, this is the same thing kids around here do. Paint the end of a road sign into the batman symbol, change the speed limits on back roads to ridiculous amounts. It's just goofiness. It's pretty cool if you ask me.

This is they sign they turn into the batman symbol regularly around here...http://icons.mysitemyway.com/wp-con...gn-icon-arrows-two-directions-left-right1.png

I don't really see both being the same. Modifying road signs can cause problems and / or accidents. This on the other hand is harmless unless people are distracted by them and crash, but they appear to be very subtle.

I was mostly impressed the the news had the story straight and weren't trying to pass it off as a terrorist attack. Usually when stuff like this happens they're totally oblivious as to what it is and their first reaction is that it must be terrorists, cult symbols, or graffiti-ing kids that need to be thrown in the slammer.

Only time that happens is when it is something really out of the ordinary. IE the brick boxes from mario being left around. I dont' care what it looks like, a odd box being left in front of a building is going to worry people and make them have the bomb squad come out out and make sure it is safe. Same with the aquateen hunger force guy that is giving the finger. If over night something electronic devices are put all over the place again people are going to worry about what they are. Especially when it is giving you the finger and is from a show that is unkown to most people. in a case like this, it is just some minor drawing not threat of them being a bomb and they aren't some huge drawing covering entire sides of buildings or anything like that.

I don't really see both being the same. Modifying road signs can cause problems and / or accidents. This on the other hand is harmless unless people are distracted by them and crash, but they appear to be very subtle.

Like I said, they only do it on back roads that are 99% of the time traveled by people who live on them. One of those roads being the one my uncle lives on. Rarely are there more than 3 or 4 cars that pass by his house in a day. I don't think it's putting too many people at risk. Nor is putting bat ears on that sign keeping anyone from being able to tell what the sign is.

I dunno, maybe I'm a little more easy going than most then.

Like I said, they only do it on back roads that are 99% of the time traveled by people who live on them. One of those roads being the one my uncle lives on. Rarely are there more than 3 or 4 cars that pass by his house in a day. I don't think it's putting too many people at risk. Nor is putting bat ears on that sign keeping anyone from being able to tell what the sign is.

I dunno, maybe I'm a little more easy going than most then.

As long as they stay with simple things like that it is fine and won't cause a lot of issues but around me i've seen them do a lot worse after they start to do little things like that. i've seen people remove stop signs at crossing so that no direction has a stop sign anymore. I've also seen people paint on a sign that shows there it is a curve ahead to show that the road goes both straight and curves.

I'll have to swing by there next time I bike commute. A little out of the way, but I could make it a lunch workout.

I'm going down Williams on my way to work tomorrow just to see that, fucking awesome. I hope the city will leave them there.

Only time that happens is when it is something really out of the ordinary. IE the brick boxes from mario being left around. I dont' care what it looks like, a odd box being left in front of a building is going to worry people and make them have the bomb squad come out out and make sure it is safe.
Really? A brightly painted cardboard box immediately makes you think someone is trying to blow you up? Maybe you need to relax a little.

Back