Mario Kart Deluxe - Best Driver/Wheels/Sail Combination?

Blackstone

2[H]4U
Who and what do you use? I have NOTHING to offer because I have to unlock them all. Any thoughts on what the best combinations are for online play?

Link seems to be very balanced. I thought from the Wii U version the slick tires were the best but I don't have them yet.

Thoughts?

I use Tanooki Mario (no competitive reason, I just think he's cool), the P-Wing, either slicks or cyber-slicks (cybers are faster, but looser), and the normal 'ol stock parachute. I also play Wario a bit, but I got used to one of my friends always grabbing him first.
The drivers are categorized by weight tiers. Light, medium, and heavy more or less. I think Link is considered a medium character, so his stats are pretty similar to Mario and Luigi.

IMO, your vehicle doesn't matter as much as driving well and grabbing coins. It's not like MKDS or MKWii where certain vehicles didn't lose. You can definitely make some combinations that are overly fast or slow, but your handling will suffer or could be extra-tight to make up for it. I'd say use whatever you feel comfortable sliding with.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was the general thread - didn't mean to post off-topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: jolli
like this
Back