Mario Kart 8 - Amazon Sell Out

I played the demo of Mario Kart 8 Friday and I'm really impressed with the graphic's looks really good and is really smooth. Needs a little more AA but 1080p@60hz is nice.. I can't wait to pick it up this week for me and my son to play. From what I played it's going to be a lot of fun.

I played the demo of Mario Kart 8 Friday and I'm really impressed with the graphic's looks really good and is really smooth. Needs a little more AA but 1080p@60hz is nice.. I can't wait to pick it up this week for me and my son to play. From what I played it's going to be a lot of fun.

It's 720p and has a 64 frame judder. The judder will probably get patched though. Looks fun IMO, if I can sell the Vita to cover the cost of a refurb Wii U DKC and Mario 3D world used I'd probably do it and buy Mario Kart for the free game promotion getting Mario 2D.

Oh my gosh, been playing this all night. The graphics looked pretty crappy on my 1080p projector so I switched to just using the game pad and been enjoying it since.

Oh my gosh, been playing this all night. The graphics looked pretty crappy on my 1080p projector so I switched to just using the game pad and been enjoying it since.

Try using the component cables instead of HDMI.

Is it supposed to come in the box? the Mario Kart bundle only has an HDMI cable in it.

Assuming this still hasn't been addressed by a firmware update ... Wii U only outputs in one color mode (full v limited range?) over HDMI. If your projector isn't configured to match that mode the image will be washed out. If the quality isn't about color then component cables won't address anything on the Wii side of the setup.

There is a big thread about Wii HDMI somewhere on the forums.
Edit: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1738341

Last edited:
Wait...so the Mario Kart bundle essentially released the game early?

I got mine from Walmart at the weekend, it was already in the glass cabinet with the price. They probably messed up seeing as the game itself wasn't in there.

My target had demos set up; this game is great. Looks beautiful and I can not wait until friday to put some good time in this game. Finally an online game for the Wii U i will really enjoy!

I'm psyched. I have the day off, a fridge full of beers, and some delivery pizza coupons ready to go.
This will be my first online experience with Nintendo in quite some time. I ended up bailing on Smash, WK Wii, and even MK7 because of people who were obviously cheating. Hopefully this one won't have the same fate.

I'm still planning to go the digital download route with the Nintendo eShop. If I run into any hiccups, I'll just swing by Target tomorrow morning.

I realized last night that since I bought the WindWaker deluxe system that I qualified for a promotion that just handed me $25 back for all the games I've bought so far. I had no idea they were even running that promo, and came across it by accident. The game is nearly half paid for, and since I don't have Pikmin, I'll grab that for free with it. Nice!

Toys R us is doing 40% off on a big list of games if you buy mario Kart 8.. I got my preorder money back from gamestop and bought it at toys r us and got Mario 3d World for 35 bucks. Then you get your free game on top of that so a really good time to buy Mario Kart 8..

Yes, it seems that it's a very cost-effective time to buy or own a Wii U. I love this system so far. It's the perfect complement to my PC for the types of games it offers.

The Nintendo store experience was great. The game unlocked at 10PM last night and the download only took about 45 minutes.
I'm loving the game so far. The graphics are probably better than anything I've seen on the Xbox One and PS4...or at least on par with them. The classic tracks have been reimagined and transfer over to the style of the game very well. Loads of shortcuts, alternate routes, and strategy. More and more it seems like coin management is the key to doing well, rather than sliding. The bikes are back and the Spear is now the Jet bike, but luckily it's no longer super fast and wheelies are gone.

Lovin' it! Worth the hype. I'm going to try online once I clear out all of the 50CC tracks with 3 stars.

The graphics are probably better than anything I've seen on the Xbox One and PS4...or at least on par with them.

Ehh, No. Not even close.

It's a great looking game, and it's extremely fun. But technically it doesn't even come close to games like Killzone or Infamous.

Ehh, No. Not even close.

It's a great looking game, and it's extremely fun. But technically it doesn't even come close to games like Killzone or Infamous.

And this means what exactly?

Technically or not, the games looks amazing compared to both of the games you listed, at least to my 20/30 eyes.

And this means what exactly?

Technically or not, the games looks amazing compared to both of the games you listed, at least to my 20/30 eyes.

Then your eyes aren't very good at picking up fine details :D

The Nintendo store experience was great. The game unlocked at 10PM last night and the download only took about 45 minutes.
I'm loving the game so far. The graphics are probably better than anything I've seen on the Xbox One and PS4...or at least on par with them. The classic tracks have been reimagined and transfer over to the style of the game very well. Loads of shortcuts, alternate routes, and strategy. More and more it seems like coin management is the key to doing well, rather than sliding. The bikes are back and the Spear is now the Jet bike, but luckily it's no longer super fast and wheelies are gone.

Lovin' it! Worth the hype. I'm going to try online once I clear out all of the 50CC tracks with 3 stars.

Agree 100%. Same thing for me. Also got my copy of Pikmin in the process. I made a point of clearing all of the new courses in 50CC perfectly before I went to sleep last night. :D The game is absolutely beautiful.

Download was perfect bought right at midnight download of Mario kart and pikmin 3 were super fast game is really fun looks fantastic

Ehh, No. Not even close.

They look great in stills...not when they're chugging along at 30fps or lower. That's part of the problem I have with the next gen titles so far. They trying so hard to push themselves as being 1080p but the framerates vary wildly. The top tier Xbox One titles are even worse.
I'll take Mario Kart at a rock solid 60fps with no dips or variance over either of those or any of the other titles. IMO, the only downside is that the shadows can be a little jaggy, but you really only notice them at the beginning and end of a race.

They look great in stills...not when they're chugging along at 30fps or lower. That's part of the problem I have with the next gen titles so far. They trying so hard to push themselves as being 1080p but the framerates vary wildly. The top tier Xbox One titles are even worse.
I'll take Mario Kart at a rock solid 60fps with no dips or variance over either of those or any of the other titles. IMO, the only downside is that the shadows can be a little jaggy, but you really only notice them at the beginning and end of a race.

I'm with you there! Silky smooth, and looks incredibly good at the same time.

Went to target at around 945am and they told me they only had pre-orders and no extras. So I went to best buy and got there a couple minutes after opening and they had a lot. Also Toys R Us had like 20 copies if you didnt pre-order

So big N rocks got this game in the Eshop at midnight zero issues fast download for that and my free game pikmin 3 plus they give you full DDP credit for both games so I also got 15 dollars in Eshop credit you can't beat that. The YouTube clip uploading is really cool works well

Another excellent eShop experience here. Downloaded in about an hour, was getting excited at <99%.. Then it had to install :eek: (took another few mins).

Played through 3 of the top cups last night on a 1080p dlp pj/ 110" Vutec silverstar screen.

Its everything I wanted, graphics are beautiful, animations are fluid, multiplayer/online work fine, etc..

The slow-mo/rewind during highlight reels is freakin sweet.. Slow-mo of a perfect mid air attack, rewind, watch again.. heh.

It really is very good. I can't wait to play more tonight! I really couldn't find one complaint with either the game so far, or in acquiring it. With all the promos and cash back I've been getting I've actually gotten something like three games out of the one purchase now, and I only paid half price because of other games I bought. :D Pretty much exactly what I want out of a console intended to supplement my PC. Now I have to get through the 100CC and 150CC sets. And now they need to get a new Zelda, Pilot Wings, and maybe a Metroid or something out, and I'll be completely happy for the next year or so.

*scrambles to find good deal on Mario Kart 8 so he can also get pikmin 3 free* :) I was hoping this would be awesome, and it sure sounds like it is.

Glad to hear that the eshop experience was pleasant - I could only imagine what would have happened or been said if it had gone sideways.

Unfortunately I am getting hit hard at the moment with work and would love to play but it looks like I will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to do so. In the meantime, keep up the positive comments as I'm getting excited to play it tomorrow!

*scrambles to find good deal on Mario Kart 8 so he can also get pikmin 3 free* :) I was hoping this would be awesome, and it sure sounds like it is.

Grab it in the eShop. All you need is the serial number that will be in your receipt for the download. You put that in on the Club Nintendo site, (assuming you've linked the Club Nintendo account to your eShop account,) and you're done. About an hour later you should have your download code for Pikmin. The biggest problem I had was forgetting and having to reset my password. :D

I grabbed it this morning when I got out of work. Played it for a bit. It's so pretty. The levels are crazy. Gonna have to have some peeps over with some brews for MP fun.

I picked this up for my kids today at retail. Do retail copies get the free game as well?

guess i never signed up to club nintendo. Seems like the site is taking a beating at the moment. Thank you for the info. :)

The eShop was fast/responsive last night along with Club Nintendo. But now Club Nintendo is jammed hard. Have been helping my brother setup a CN account and get a Pikmin 3 key for the last two hours or so :(

I'd take it as a good sign for retail sales, all those people trying to register/get their free game :D

Back