Mario Kart 8 - Amazon Sell Out

Nice! Definitely will grab both of these.

Hmm... ...the villager... ***Evil grin, steepled fingers*** I'd love to see his "death stare".

I went ahead and pre-bought 'em. 16 new tracks nearly doubles the size of the game for only $12. Tough to argue with that.

How do you actually get the Mercedes plus fixes dlc? Does it patch automatically because it's free?

The patch should come down automatically like any other game patch. The Mercedes stuff -- it's DLC, you have to go to the store and buy it for free, then it will download and be available to you.

well right now I am waiting for the wii-u OS update, according to router its crawling along at 300kBps which is silly. My net connection is over 20x as fast and other wireless devices in my house are nothing like that speed.

So the DLC download probably be overnight.

The patch should come down automatically like any other game patch. The Mercedes stuff -- it's DLC, you have to go to the store and buy it for free, then it will download and be available to you.

I couldn't find the DLC at all. I'll have to look again tonight. I have never "bought" DLC on my WiiU before (got it when this game came out), but I'm generally not retarded. Weird!

its on the e-shop app. They dont have a DLC section tho which is dumb, just scroll down the main page until you see it. The game is way better with the on screen map.

I couldn't find the DLC at all. I'll have to look again tonight. I have never "bought" DLC on my WiiU before (got it when this game came out), but I'm generally not retarded. Weird!

DLC is listed in each game in Eshop when you look at the game. Pretty straight forward.

DLC is listed in each game in Eshop when you look at the game. Pretty straight forward.

But you would know if an app had DLC unless you went to look at Eshop listings for stuff you already own? I don't mind the PSN and XBox approach where they list DLC as its own thing and keep it in the "New" sections when I check.

They used to have a section (probably still do, but I haven't looked for a while) called "Add to your game." This one contained all the DLC.

Nintendo Minute (more like 13)
Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgsfIqkMbE

The list of additions!
We knew about Link, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, but...

Karts:
B-Dasher
Blue Falcon
Tanooki Kart
Master Bike (Link)

Tracks:
Triforce Cup:
Wii Wario's Gold Mine
SNES Rainbow Road
Ice Ice Outpost
Hyrule Circuit

Egg Cup:
GCN Yoshi Circuit
Excitebike Arena
Dragon Driftway
(I am excite!) MUTE CITY

Mute city has no coins. Mute city has the recharge strips from FZero that give you coins. The entire track is anti grav.
Excitebike arena changes(randomizes) the ramps with each play.

November 13 release

I'm contemplating purchasing the dlc for both packs. This looks like a great purchase.

Yes, I'm going to grab them as well. This sounds very nice, and just the thing to break up some of the heavier games I've been playing lately. It's actually been over a month or so since I've played MK8.

I haven't touched the game lately either. No particular reason other than just too many other games coming out. I did the pre-buy for both DLC's as it seems like quite the deal.

Your telling me, 4 characters, 4 vehicles, 8 maps for $8
Double this, 8 characters, 8 vehicles, 16 maps..... FOR $12!!!!!!!!

Im sorry, a cod map pack is $15 and only has 4 added maps. Nothing else......

Your telling me, 4 characters, 4 vehicles, 8 maps for $8
Double this, 8 characters, 8 vehicles, 16 maps..... FOR $12!!!!!!!!

Im sorry, a cod map pack is $15 and only has 4 added maps. Nothing else......

I blame Activision and EA for bringing this garbage to mainstream.

DLC has become such a joke these days, and yet what Nintendo has done with Mario Kart should very well be the norm.
I have friends that are legitimately excited to pay $15 for a few COD maps or in the case of Destiny, content that should have actually been in the regular game.
I think devs know they can get away with releasing broken games and expensive DLC, so it's reall refreshing to see that Nintendo released a polished game on day 1 and great DLC, too.

DLC has become such a joke these days, and yet what Nintendo has done with Mario Kart should very well be the norm.
I have friends that are legitimately excited to pay $15 for a few COD maps or in the case of Destiny, content that should have actually been in the regular game.
I think devs know they can get away with releasing broken games and expensive DLC, so it's reall refreshing to see that Nintendo released a polished game on day 1 and great DLC, too.

Some would consider what Nintendo is doing an "expansion" pack nowadays. LOL! :p

Some would consider what Nintendo is doing an "expansion" pack nowadays. LOL! :p

That's sad but 100% true. At this point it seems like the term "DLC" is for shitty and/or overpriced stuff that should have been there on day 1.
Expansions are just "good" DLC like what Nintendo did and things like the GTA4 expansions and Dragon Age Awakenings.
They're really the same thing on the surface, one's just good and the other isn't.
Kind of funny - I think all of the BS started with Horse Armor in Oblivion.

Kind of funny - I think all of the BS started with Horse Armor in Oblivion.

Funny you mention it. I called it 8 years ago.

nN6ssGK.jpg

Notice the last quote haha.

Anybody try the new stuff out? I'm happy. While some of the courses lack imagination (mainly the weak rehash of the first Rainbow Road) some levels are brilliant. The Hyrule race is especially well done with rupees replacing coins and even the "you found something hidden" music leading to a shortcut.
I also like the Tankooki jeep as a vehicle.
Playing those races makes me want to get back into this game, although with so many others games hitting, I dunno if I'll really ever get seriously into competitive MK8.

While some of the courses lack imagination (mainly the weak rehash of the first Rainbow Road)

Da fuk?
That track is the shit. The lay out is the same as MK7, but the chaos factor has been taken up to 11. The Whomps are bigger and wider, more dangerous points, the track is wider in areas, the speed is super fast. Aint nothing weak on SNES Rainbow Road...

Mute City is my favorite by far. Love Hyrule Circuit, but Mute City is so fast and half of my dream of a new FZERO. Make it so Nintendo. Make it so...

I think the problem I have is that they've beaten that course into the ground (this is time #4) and those old courses just don't translate over to the new gameplay with wider tracks. The narrow paths are what made those old courses great, but with a dozen racers it just doesn't work. I'd rather have seen Choco Mountain, Banshee Boardwalk, or even Baby Park rather than a SNES course ported over.

I do wonder if we'll ever see another F-Zero. Seems logical with the success of MK and Captain Falcon being widely recognized.

Free patch for MK8 on April 23:
adds a new 200cc mode.

This is madness. Karts will plunge into the abyss of SNES Rainbow Road like no other. Blood on the tracks, I tell you.

They could just make a new F ZERO...................... :(:(:(

The next DLC preview(date was moved up from May. Is releasing with patch above on April 23)
AcSNP0C.gif

(There was a direct today)

Last edited:
I forgot all about the new MK8 stuff. Will have to bust it out this weekend.

I forgot all about the new MK8 stuff. Will have to bust it out this weekend.

Son and I still bop around in MK8, he still maxes out at 100cc atm, but for me, 200cc will be fun.... heh.....

I still need to reinstall this. I removed it before I added storage to my Wii U in order to get Bayonetta installed. Now I have the storage, but forgot to put MK8 back on. I haven't even tried any of the DLC yet.

The free addons and DLC2 is out.
200cc mode (free for everyone)

DLC2:
Crossing cup
http://i.imgur.com/AzbMyKL.png
GCN Baby Park
GBA Cheese Land
WiiU Wild Woods
WiiU Animal Crossing

Bell cup
http://i.imgur.com/FgbpHOI.png
3DS Neo Bowser City
GBA Ribbon Road
WiiU Super Bell Subway
WiiU Big Blue

Patch Notes:
Version 4.0
Download of DLC2 possible
9 new Mii (Amiibo activated) suits
200cc class added
Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to activate
VS Race: available from the start
Online Custom Rules: available from the start
Friend Lobby: available from the start
Tournament Settings: available from the start
When breaking while drifting during 200c mode, sparks will fly from your tires
Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring
Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
Wii U Pro Controller
Classic Controller
Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random, except in Time Attack mode, which is limited to Summer only.
10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
Other bug fixes

Nice! I know what I'll be doing this weekend, provided I have a spot of time. :D

I didn't get to play this last night UGH!

I know the three drivers that are in this DLC, what are the karts?

I didn't get to play this last night UGH!

I know the three drivers that are in this DLC, what are the karts?

Theres the Streetle, a kart.
Some sort of scooter like vehicle
and than Dry Bowsers trike.... They look amazing.

The new wheel (singular) is the leaf wheel.

The new parachute/glider is the paper airplane glider in green

I played a little on Friday. 200CC definitely changes the dynamic a bit with cornering. Certain karts and bikes that used to be great kinda suck since they don't corner well enough for 200CC. I kinda like that as it really turns the game on its head.

I'm sure it won't keep like 75% of online players from going with Rosalina on a bike, though. I'll never get that.

I tried to play 200CC with Wario, Mercedes tires, and the hang glider, it turned like a flippin' boat. I assumed it would be difficult, but it was practically uncontrollable at higher speeds.

200CC is amazing. The amount of people that fuck up turns is even greater. Its wonderful. Smart addition to Mario Kart Nintendo... now fucking fix the horrid Battle mode!!

Back