'Mario Kart 8' Adds 'Animal Crossing' DLC Earlier Than Expected

This has made my wife happier than you can imagine.. Loves Animal Crossing

Elementary schools across the US are very excited.

Zarathustra[H];1041528547 said:
Wow, even Nintendo has DLC now? What a sad state the game industry is in :(

Yeah. Making a full game even better with added content at the right price is sad ...

Don't you mean they continue to protect their properties?

Requiring any YouTube partner that wants to put up any video of any Nintendo games to do the following by signing a contract that is a real shitty deal (probably worse than a Machinima contract, supposedly), that includes the following?
  • It must be it's own channel
  • ALL videos of Nintendo games must be approved by Nintendo
  • No negative reviews of any kind (even if the game does suck balls, such as shovelware)
  • Oh, and Big N gets 40% of any revenue, despite someone else doing the work of putting the video together (which in some cases can be up to 60 hours total, such as for Angry Joe)

Protect their properties? Name one other game developer or publisher that requires any of this.

Requiring any YouTube partner that wants to put up any video of any Nintendo games to do the following by signing a contract that is a real shitty deal (probably worse than a Machinima contract, supposedly), that includes the following?
  • It must be it's own channel
  • ALL videos of Nintendo games must be approved by Nintendo
  • No negative reviews of any kind (even if the game does suck balls, such as shovelware)
  • Oh, and Big N gets 40% of any revenue, despite someone else doing the work of putting the video together (which in some cases can be up to 60 hours total, such as for Angry Joe)

Protect their properties? Name one other game developer or publisher that requires any of this.

So you don't like the system. That's too bad for you. I would like for you to go and do what Nintendo has done and let people use your product for their own financial gain.

Nintendo's ad revenue sharing on Youtube is terrible and will only serve to fuck them. They deserve it for being pigheaded.

That being said Nintendo's DLC is actually pretty great. I'll be grabbing this.

So you don't like the system. That's too bad for you. I would like for you to go and do what Nintendo has done and let people use your product for their own financial gain.

Look at Nintendo's financials, they have better shit to worry about instead of reducing exposure to their games by making them harder for video makes to use.

Again, name one other game dev or publisher that pulls this? Surprisingly, EA and Activision don't. MS doesn't. Sony doesn't. And on, and on, and on. It's a rather selfish and greedy move by Nintendo.

It's very simple guys:

EA/Activision/MS/Sony/etc does... what Nintendon't!

What some people here are forgetting is that the game came out complete, with excellent quality, no game-breaking bugs, and with more than enough content for the base price. Everything they've added has added significantly to the game, but in an all-bonus capacity. If everyone else that released DLC did this, I'd be buying a lot more DLC.

Back