Marijuana Growing App Coming Soon to iOS and Android

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
iMD is nearing the release of an App that will make the indoor growing of medicinal Marijuana a much easier and productive venture for the new cottage industry springing up in states who have passed relaxed Marijuana laws.

“This is a huge advancement to our flagship product, the EMC-5000. The network interface allows for peace of mind, which is priceless in this industry. Further, it opens the door for many other important capabilities, such as security, including cameras and alarms.

I'm a complete and utter drunk, and I don't like marijuana at all.

But even I think that it's ludicrous that booze is legal and weed isn't.

I don't need all that nasty tar in my body, and I everyone I know that smokes religiously is a lazy waste of space... that said, legalize and tax it, since they are using anyway. Might as well put many of the drug dealers out of business, improve product quality, and tax it since the prohibition has just done the same thing the alcohol prohibition did, create a bunch of Al Capones and do little about demand.

That said, stop with this "medicinal" nonsense. People that smoke pot just want to get high, so call a spade a spade already!

And once its legalized, I find that hydroponics (which is what this app controls) would be kind of useless. The only reason we get all this fancy stuff is because it can't be grown in fields en masse. Once its legalized, marijuana grows VERY easily, just give it some good soil, sun, and occasional sprinkler if its dry and voila. Nothing fancy needed.

I don't need all that nasty tar in my body, and I everyone I know that smokes religiously is a lazy waste of space... that said, legalize and tax it, since they are using anyway. Might as well put many of the drug dealers out of business, improve product quality, and tax it since the prohibition has just done the same thing the alcohol prohibition did, create a bunch of Al Capones and do little about demand.

That said, stop with this "medicinal" nonsense. People that smoke pot just want to get high, so call a spade a spade already!

And once its legalized, I find that hydroponics (which is what this app controls) would be kind of useless. The only reason we get all this fancy stuff is because it can't be grown in fields en masse. Once its legalized, marijuana grows VERY easily, just give it some good soil, sun, and occasional sprinkler if its dry and voila. Nothing fancy needed.

Holy ignorance batman..

No, I smoke pot because I like to get high, but my neighbor with cancer smokes it to ease her pain and convulsions.
Don't say blanket statements like that when you don't understand the intricacies of this touchy subject.

Fortunately this level of ignorance gets laughed at these days. :)

No, I smoke pot because I like to get high, but my neighbor with cancer smokes it to ease her pain and convulsions.
Don't say blanket statements like that when you don't understand the intricacies of this touchy subject.
There are plenty of alternative pain treatments, please. And there are thousands that smoke weed to get high for each person that is actually going through chemo, and those that do have cancer and the like are receiving their pain medication virtually unregulated so most just get far higher than they need to in order to feel good, rather than just bring the pain to controllable levels.

Stats I saw before showed that around half of the medical marijuana recipients were young (under 30) and abuse was estimated to be at around 80%.

Here's your typical "medicinal marijuana" user:
http://www.break.com/video/the-single-greatest-guest-in-jerry-springer-history-2586878

:D

There are plenty of alternative pain treatments, please. And there are thousands that smoke weed to get high for each person that is actually going through chemo, and those that do have cancer and the like are receiving their pain medication virtually unregulated so most just get far higher than they need to in order to feel good, rather than just bring the pain to controllable levels.

Stats I saw before showed that around half of the medical marijuana recipients were young (under 30) and abuse was estimated to be at around 80%.

Here's your typical "medicinal marijuana" user:
http://www.break.com/video/the-single-greatest-guest-in-jerry-springer-history-2586878

:D

Thanks for making a mockery of the whole thing which is the opposite of what I was looking for.

BTW, weed is illegal because of greedy paper corporations(Dupont) that lobbied the government and created this environment in the first place. Don't give me bullshit stats implying that it should stay scrutinized, just because most people want to use it recreationaly. Making it illegal in the first place was the biggest bullshit of all.

I don't want it to be illegal, I already said so. But it has no more medical value really than alcohol, and the whole "medicinal marijuana" thing is a sham and disingenuous. Its a drug people take to get HIGH, and I'm perfectly fine with that, and just like alcohol they should have a right to toke up. Its not addictive (at least less so than alcohol), so a rational person can decide to quit whenever they want to. Like I said, legalize it, tax it, and solves a lot of problems... but end the hypocrisy and just legalize it and get rid of the stupid medicinal loophole where everyone pretends to be in massive pain to get their prescription to get high.

It deserves to be mocked because its a JOKE.

Yes, more propaganda to demonize the cancer patients that have real pain that conventional medication DOES NOT HELP. You have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for being even more insulting.

Yes, more propaganda to demonize the cancer patients that have real pain that conventional medication DOES NOT HELP. You have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for being even more insulting.

Oh and you do? You smoke pot to get high, your opinion is so much more valuable than any doctor/scientist. It's funny, but drug users always try to rationalize their use. Honestly though, I couldn't care less if it was legalized or not. The only thing that bothers me is if I have to smell that shit when I go somewhere, it honestly smells like shit.

Oh and you do? You smoke pot to get high, your opinion is so much more valuable than any doctor/scientist. It's funny, but drug users always try to rationalize their use. Honestly though, I couldn't care less if it was legalized or not. The only thing that bothers me is if I have to smell that shit when I go somewhere, it honestly smells like shit.

When you know someone personally who is dying from cancer, then come back to me. What me and ducman are talking about is the medical side of things, not the fact that I like smoking weed outside of the fact. Man, some of you guys, so quick to judge everyone... Stick to the subject, please.

Yes, more propaganda to demonize the cancer patients that have real pain that conventional medication DOES NOT HELP
*rolleyes* Not my point at all.

1) Marinol and other similar drugs have been legal for a long time now for these patients regardless. Its shown higher efficacy with less side effects: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/marijuana-pill-pain-smoked-form_n_3134156.html
2) What percentage of the tens of thousands of medical marijuana card recipients do you think ACTUALLY have cancer (hopefully you also wouldn't suggest it a good option for lung cancer patients)?

According to this 2011 study, of the 1,655 applications in California seeking a recommendation for medical marijuana, almost non had cancer, HIV/AIDS, glaucoma, or multiple sclerosis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673028/ CDoH found that 2% of medical marijuana users reported a form of cancer, and less than 1% reported HIV/AIDS as their for marijuana. 94% reported unspecific pain... in other words, most people go in and tell a doctor they have been referred to by friends as a "good hookup" that they have severe shoulder pain, get their card, and voila a license to get high. You know its stupid. I know its stupid. Lets just stop pretending, make it legal, and everyone can just get high without all the pretense.

*rolleyes* Not my point at all.

1) Marinol and other similar drugs have been legal for a long time now for these patients regardless. Its shown higher efficacy with less side effects: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/marijuana-pill-pain-smoked-form_n_3134156.html
2) What percentage of the tens of thousands of medical marijuana card recipients do you think ACTUALLY have cancer (hopefully you also wouldn't suggest it a good option for lung cancer patients)?

According to this 2011 study, of the 1,655 applications in California seeking a recommendation for medical marijuana, almost non had cancer, HIV/AIDS, glaucoma, or multiple sclerosis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673028/ CDoH found that 2% of medical marijuana users reported a form of cancer, and less than 1% reported HIV/AIDS as their for marijuana. 94% reported unspecific pain... in other words, most people go in and tell a doctor they have been referred to by friends as a "good hookup" that they have severe shoulder pain, get their card, and voila a license to get high. You know its stupid. I know its stupid. Lets just stop pretending, make it legal, and everyone can just get high without all the pretense.

So you have unearthed corruption in the system, which of course is there and there's no pretending it. But how does that take away from the apparent small number of people with real issues? It doesn't. And we shouldn't even be at this point in the first place, obviously most people just want to get high anyway(ooo, looking at me?)... Yes legalize it, so we stop having these asinine discussions.

But it has no more medical value really than alcohol, and the whole "medicinal marijuana" thing is a sham and disingenuous. Its a drug people take to get HIGH, but end the hypocrisy and just legalize it and get rid of the stupid medicinal loophole where everyone pretends to be in massive pain to get their prescription to get high.

I smoke pot because it works with out side affects. I have a sleep disorder never getting more than 3 hours of sleep, I have tried every available medication and they all react poorly with my system. @ small hits I can get a full 8 hrs of restful sleep and have zero side affects. During the day 1/2 an special herb cookie and my back pain is gone, well at least I don't care if it hurts any longer however i do not have the side affects of nose bleeding, liver failure or anal leakage. I went through a period that i was working on a job that required me to rapidly change elevation and it was causing me to pass out. I found that if I took one hit and proceeded with work I had no vertigo or passing out. My wife insisted I go to the Dr and after 6 of them it was found I have very low blood pressure. My Cardiologist told me off the record here is your prescription but I would recommend not to use it and to continuing treating with weed. He stated it was the original medicine used in the old days and it worked before big pharma decided they wanted their cut.

Long story short is that I am living proof that marijuana is a very effective medication best utilized in a cooked form. I will not lie because once in a while I will go to my wood shed when I am wood carving or building a new folding rig or doing some blacksmithing that I will blast the stereo and get blazed, it helps me with my hyperfocus and it's just fun.

On a side note I am a Christian, a teabagger, a runner/hiker, avid outdoorsman/indoorsman, Medical and Business degree and successful business owner so thanks for the stereotypical observation.

While marijuana does have proven/backed up by science positive factors for patients that have the special prescription to use it, the problem is too many young dickheads abuse the system, get high and cause mayhem. Patients that require prescribed doses of the drug already have special access to the plant anyway, legalizing it, the general public will have direct access to the plant could have more negative effects then positive. You just don't need to go to the shady folks selling on street corners, in there backyards after 12pm or sneakily growing it yourself using hydro method in your basement or attic.

All these drugs and there properties use to not be illegal 50 - 200 years ago even more earlier, the fact that people start to abuse themselves for the leisure and entertainment of getting stoned, jacked up on meth or pain free from heroin is why they are then banned and made illegal eventually. Heck didn't Coke Cola use to have cocaine as one of the ingredients?

The problem is too many young dickheads abuse the system, get high and cause mayhem.

Since when do potheads cause "mayhem"??? Alcohol related violence and "mayhem" is way way waaaaay more commonplace and yet it's still legal. The most mayhem anyone ever caused high was eating too much pizza.

The level of ignorance some people display about this and many other subjects still here in 2014, with more knowledge available at the click of a button than at any previous point in human history, is fucking shocking and would be depressing if it wasn't so hilarious. :)

What's sad is that to many people claim to need it for "medicinal" purposes and give those who actually need it for the legitimate "medicinal" use a glaringly large black eye. Blanket statement or not, there is a hint of truth to what he says. Consider it ignorant if you like, but it will eventually turn into what the term welfare has become.

I don't want it to be illegal, I already said so. But it has no more medical value really than alcohol, and the whole "medicinal marijuana" thing is a sham and disingenuous. Its a drug people take to get HIGH, and I'm perfectly fine with that, and just like alcohol they should have a right to toke up. Its not addictive (at least less so than alcohol), so a rational person can decide to quit whenever they want to. Like I said, legalize it, tax it, and solves a lot of problems... but end the hypocrisy and just legalize it and get rid of the stupid medicinal loophole where everyone pretends to be in massive pain to get their prescription to get high.

I can only hope you are trolling, because if not you are a complete idiot.

Take 1 minute of your life and actually research the subject and you will find medical marijauna is a real thing. You are despicable.

Take 1 minute of your life and actually research the subject and you will find medical marijauna is a real thing. You are despicable.
Right, because I didn't use 60 seconds to create this post based on research on the subject:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040701398&postcount=19

I love how everyone just shows outrage rather than responding with actual facts. :rolleyes:

I don't care about the one person in 450 medicinal marijuana users that can't use Marinol for some reason and doesn't over self-medicate, etc. I care about the vast majority, and its the vast majority, not the exception to the rule that I am addressing.

Funny thing is that I'm not even asking for marijuana to be illegal, just to end the silliness with this medicinal crap. Alcohol has been proven to have health benefits in moderation as well, but if you tell me that people drink for the health benefits or cite one example out of every thousand people that needs it to help them sleep since its a depressant or uses it to lower their blood pressure from the blood thinning effects etc, expect to see eye-whiplash from me rolling them with conviction! :D

Well.. at least that will make it easier for the Feds once they decide where they are going with it. "Who downloaded the app?" = DEA housecleaning

I only have to watch COPS for 30 seconds to see 1) the impact of alchohol on peoples' lives (in a bad way) 2) the waste of time it is for LEOs to enforce weed-related "offenses".

I would rather have my police officers going after the drunk drivers, the drug dealers, the organized crime types, the rapists, murders, the violent offenders etc. You know, the types that really cause damage to a society's underpinnings. All those cold cases unsolved, justice not delivered? Yeah.

That kid with a dimesack on him? Naw, not so much.

Where I live we had more marijuana DUI fatal crashes than alcohol DUI fatal crashes last year.

Right, because I didn't use 60 seconds to create this post based on research on the subject:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040701398&postcount=19

I love how everyone just shows outrage rather than responding with actual facts. :rolleyes:

I don't care about the one person in 450 medicinal marijuana users that can't use Marinol for some reason and doesn't over self-medicate, etc. I care about the vast majority, and its the vast majority, not the exception to the rule that I am addressing.

Funny thing is that I'm not even asking for marijuana to be illegal, just to end the silliness with this medicinal crap. Alcohol has been proven to have health benefits in moderation as well, but if you tell me that people drink for the health benefits or cite one example out of every thousand people that needs it to help them sleep since its a depressant or uses it to lower their blood pressure from the blood thinning effects etc, expect to see eye-whiplash from me rolling them with conviction! :D

First of all, Marinol is not cannabis. It's a synthetic cannabinoid, not much different than the synthetic "spice" shit that people can buy at smoke shops and 7-11's. Because Marinol only contains one active cannabinoid (dronabinol) vs all the cannabinoids in traditional cannabis or cannabis extracts, it tends to cause a lot of side effects. Here's an interesting article on the subject by Cayman Chemical.

Synthetic Cannabinoids: From JWH 018 to Marinol®

Medical marijuana laws might be widely abused but that doesn't mean that there's no need for medical marijuana or that substances like Marinol are legitimate substitutes. I'm sorry that the people you know who smoke a lot are lazy wastes of space but I'd also being willing to bet that there are successful closet smokers around you that you don't even know about. The whole "nasty tar/smoking negates all the medical benefits" argument debunked as well. Besides, there are other ways to ingest cannabis other than smoking it. Lastly, the "hydroponics will be useless" statement just goes to show that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Because Marinol only contains one active cannabinoid (dronabinol) vs all the cannabinoids in traditional cannabis or cannabis extracts, it tends to cause a lot of side effects.
You asked for research, and the specific article I linked you to shows it has less side effects than marijuana. You asked me to do research, so did you keep an open mind and read the article? The article shows it demonstrated SUPERIOR pain killing ability, was safer to ingest, and did not produce a pleasurable "high", meaning that overuse by patients self-medicating is very unlikely. But therein lies the rub... it doesn't get you high, its just a superior pain killer. ;)
Medical marijuana laws might be widely abused but that doesn't mean that there's no need for medical marijuana
Did I say that? I said that if studies show over 90% abuse rate, then drop the pretense as I don't care what one in a hundred people do, I care about the 99 people in the group. Its funny because I'm arguing to legalize it, but people are so indignant at having it pointed out that most people just want to get HIGH.
I'm sorry that the people you know who smoke a lot are lazy wastes of space but I'd also being willing to bet that there are successful closet smokers around you that you don't even know about.
If they are closet smokers, they probably aren't smoking all the time. Potheads are the same as people who drink too much, wastes of space. There's nothing wrong with occasionally smoking pot anymore than there's a problem having a beer or glass of wine now and then.
The whole "nasty tar/smoking negates all the medical benefits" argument debunked as well.
Glad you think so, but based on what study? Because you say so, end of story?
http://www.lung.org/associations/states/colorado/tobacco/marijuana.html
http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/respiratoryeffects.htm
Lastly, the "hydroponics will be useless" statement just goes to show that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Why bother posting an opinion without even a tiniest thread of logic or evidence to support it. It would have been faster to just type "NO! SHUTUP!".

Why isn't tobacco grown in hydroponics indoors on a micro-scale? Is marijuana very susceptible to insect infestation? How are massive marijuana fields found in places like Mexico quite often: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc85jActerc <- one of the largest ever, the plants are as big as christmas trees

Seems obvious that industrial scale by professional farmers can produce the same product at far lower cost, rendering hydroponics useless. The primary advantage of hydroponics is stealth, people could grow drugs to get high in their basements and closets out of site from police.
21msoll.jpg

You asked for research, and the specific article I linked you to shows it has less side effects than marijuana. You asked me to do research, so did you keep an open mind and read the article? The article shows it demonstrated SUPERIOR pain killing ability, was safer to ingest, and did not produce a pleasurable "high", meaning that overuse by patients self-medicating is very unlikely. But therein lies the rub... it doesn't get you high, its just a superior pain killer. ;)

The only thing I disagree with you over, is that marinol is an effective drug. Most of those studies list "side effects" as feelings of euphoria and other typical effects of marijuana. That's like saying a side effect of advil is analgesia, because it's intended use is to reduce COX2 antagonism, lol. There are also an equal number of studies showing it's pain reduction properties is substantially less effective, anecdotal and scientific.

And IMHO, the long-term use of synthetic cannabinoids is much, much more likely to cause the onset of schizophrenia and psychological issues, as evidenced by all the banned synthetic cannabinoids, like "spice." I simply don't agree with marinol as an effective treatment.

And I do know a few cancer patients that smoke to get relief (like a close relative). Relief from the crappy QOL they're experiencing, more than any other symptom. 99.5% of Cannabis "patients" just really want that card to buy their high legally , anyone arguing otherwise is pretty damn ignorant themselves. Part of being a responsible marijuana user is accepting the truths on both side. Doesn't mean it should remain illegal, though.

Oh, and yeah, saying that hydro-grown marijuana will be useless is akin to saying "any Vodka better than stars and stripes is obsolete when you have a Brita Filter!!"

There will always be a market for super high quality strains free of seeds. ALL fields will have seeding issues. One single hermaphrodite plant can fertilize *every* female plant in a field. People want to pick their strains etc. since genotypic differences can produce very different effects etc.

I didn't ask for any research, you're referring to someone else. Nowhere in that article does it say that it demonstrated superior pain killing ability or that it is safer to ingest. From the article:

The potential side effects of Marinol®, aside from feeling “high”, are listed as: seizure, paranoia, tachycardia (fast heart rate), fainting, unusual thoughts or behavior, mood changes, dizziness, drowsiness, anxiety, confusion, nausea, and vomiting. Attempts at ‘taming THC’ include mixing it with other CBs, like cannabidiol, or, more recently, terpenoids.2

Did I say that? I said that if studies show over 90% abuse rate, then drop the pretense as I don't care what one in a hundred people do, I care about the 99 people in the group. Its funny because I'm arguing to legalize it, but people are so indignant at having it pointed out that most people just want to get HIGH.

Most people do want to just get high, but most != all. I was a caretaker for a C4-C5 paraplegic who used to medicate just a little bit throughout the day to try to combat his muscle spasms. He has a baclophen pump installed in his body and has tried every pill known to man to try find an effective remedy. To say "medical marijuana is bullshit, people just want to get high", regardless of whether or not you think it should be legalized, hurts his cause.

If they are closet smokers, they probably aren't smoking all the time. Potheads are the same as people who drink too much, wastes of space. There's nothing wrong with occasionally smoking pot anymore than there's a problem having a beer or glass of wine now and then.

Define smoking all the time. Every other hour? Every night before bed?

Why bother posting an opinion without even a tiniest thread of logic or evidence to support it. It would have been faster to just type "NO! SHUTUP!".

Why isn't tobacco grown in hydroponics indoors on a micro-scale? Is marijuana very susceptible to insect infestation? How are massive marijuana fields found in places like Mexico quite often: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc85jActerc <- one of the largest ever, the plants are as big as christmas trees

Seems obvious that industrial scale by professional farmers can produce the same product at far lower cost, rendering hydroponics useless. The primary advantage of hydroponics is stealth, people could grow drugs to get high in their basements and closets out of site from police.

I was an agricultural systems management major and my family owns a number of commercial irrigation supply stores. No, it wouldn't make sense to grow tobacco hydroponically. Yes, cannabis is very susceptible to infect infestation as well as many molds and diseases. Massive fields are found in Mexico all the time but the quality is so poor that it would never be found in a medical dispensary. Ever. The primary advantage of hydroponics is not stealth, it's precision. Precision nutrient applications help the plants grow faster and there is barely any water waste. Also, a lot of people still grow with soil indoors because it's a lot more forgiving.

Back