Many Tech Workers Are Being Bullied at Work

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In a new survey, Connectria Hosting found that a majority of IT professionals felt that they were being picked on or bullied at work by their co-workers. I think it’s time for some good old fashioned Revenge of the Nerds action in the workplace. :D

More than half (55%) of 250 IT professionals in the US. surveyed said they had been bullied by a co-worker. And 65% have said they dreaded going to work because of bad behavior of a co-worker.

That's more a sign of the general pussification and promotion of victim-culture in our society, where, like in soccer, you have to over dramatize the slightest touch to be rewarded by a culture itching to throw the red flag up at your "attacker". A great quote comes to mind:
Doug Stanhope said:
If you’re offended by any word in any language, it’s probably because your parents were unfit to raise a child. They were too stupid, they should have been neutered, because all it is is a sound you can make with your mouth! It’s not a weakness that you have naturally. When you come out of that pink ugly hole onto this planet, you’re nothing but a gooey, shrinking, wrinkled ball of weakness. That’s all you are: you’re weak, you’re nothing but weak, and your parents look at that, and they think, “Not weak enough! We can make this thing even weaker by training it to react poorly to different sounds that you can make with your mouth.” We’ll list them out, this is the worst thing, if anyone ever says this sound: [unintelligible gibberish], that’s the worst thing they can call you, so make sure to recoil and cry, and be hurt and devastated, and eat ice cream on a couch for days, and then write a song about it. You wouldn’t do that otherwise, you’d just be happy if your parents didn’t fuck it up. You’d just be a happier person. I could walk right up to you and go, “Hey, ++++!” and you’d go, “No, I’m Rebecca! But I guess I have a face that looks like a lot of different people. What’s your name? Welcome to Salt Lake!”
So if there are actually IT workers that are suffering from physical violence to their person, where they are being duck taped to flag poles or have their heads shoved in toilets, them my greatest sympathies and that is wrong. But I can assure you that the "bullying" is a little quip or remark from a coworker, and guys these days just start flailing and crying instead of simply retorting back something like "Dicks must be pretty high in calories, or how else did you get so fat Charles?"

Cliffs Notes: Dry up your crocodile tears. Stop flailing on the turf. Skin, grow one.

I have a co-worker I 'abuse' constantly because he's not qualified for the job and is only there because of nepotism. It's kind of sarcastic prodding but depending on how goofy he is being that day, I can get kind of mean. He managed to get a VIP executive peeved the other day, I jumped in as damage control and had to recover the VIP's trust. It was messy and I really laid into the guy after things calmed down.

Then again, my 'boss' likes to remind me that he's in a much more cushy and financially rewarding position than I am, repeatedly, and enjoys telling me how his connections to upper management got him so many hundreds of thousands of dollars in stock "cuz IT does a good job." (mind you, I do more than my fair share of that work)

Way back before the dot.com bubble burst I had a guy physically attack me (as in grab me and pull me out of my chair) because I had the nerve to assign a ticket to him. I reported him but nothing came of it. Wheeee

That's more a sign of the general pussification and promotion of victim-culture in our society, where, like in soccer, you have to over dramatize the slightest touch to be rewarded by a culture itching to throw the red flag up at your "attacker".
Ish; but you have to see it from the opposite side too. My field is one of those that is hard to get into because it needs people with an odd variety of skillsets and experience. It is evident in that 75% of the people in this field are former military from the same type of activity.

The culture that a predominantly veteran workplace creates can easily be seen as harsh, bullyish and immature by the other 25% who are fresh out of college.

It is easy to say that those college kids just need to toughen up (and truth be told, some of them can be just as harsh), but.....

Anytime you are making an environment that your co-worker feels dreadful about coming to work is just wrong. The sad part is that often just recognition of the problem would be enough to fix it.

Feeling 'entitled' to tear someone down is just and indication that you're an ass.

Anytime you are making an environment that your co-worker feels dreadful about coming to work is just wrong. The sad part is that often just recognition of the problem would be enough to fix it.
But that's the entire point, is that if someone has been trained to be instantly rewarded for feigning injury at the slightest verbal "touch", it becomes virtually impossible to maintain the walking-on-eggshells environment around them because they are just looking for any excuse to cry foul. And even if you do, they will make crap up to be offended about and blow it out of proportion as a power play. To pretend that we aren't experiencing this wide scale in America right now is disingenuous to say the least.

soccer-flop-o.gif

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and admit that something is wrong with our culture, and that the solution isn't "well just be even MORE sensitive to the cry babies", as all that does is spread itself.

That's more a sign of the general pussification and promotion of victim-culture in our society, where, like in soccer, you have to over dramatize the slightest touch to be rewarded by a culture itching to throw the red flag up at your "attacker". A great quote comes to mind:

Cliffs Notes: Dry up your crocodile tears. Stop flailing on the turf. Skin, grow one.

Victim blaming, classic.

Glad to know you support and enable bullying.

The problem I see here is how do we define what's bullying.

Are co workers showing bad attitudes considered bullying? In my opinion, it's not. I've met many different kind of co workers, rude ones, pushy ones, lazy ones, illogical ones etc etc. It many not be fun dealing with these people, but it's just the reality of most work places. We will always have to deal with all kind of people wherever we are, and it's not about expecting others to be nice to us all the time. We just have to maintain our own professionalism even when others are not.

I have a co-worker I 'abuse' constantly because he's not qualified for the job and is only there because of nepotism. It's kind of sarcastic prodding but depending on how goofy he is being that day, I can get kind of mean. He managed to get a VIP executive peeved the other day, I jumped in as damage control and had to recover the VIP's trust. It was messy and I really laid into the guy after things calmed down.

Then again, my 'boss' likes to remind me that he's in a much more cushy and financially rewarding position than I am, repeatedly, and enjoys telling me how his connections to upper management got him so many hundreds of thousands of dollars in stock "cuz IT does a good job." (mind you, I do more than my fair share of that work)

Way back before the dot.com bubble burst I had a guy physically attack me (as in grab me and pull me out of my chair) because I had the nerve to assign a ticket to him. I reported him but nothing came of it. Wheeee

Agreed. Some people need to man/woman up and just tell all the assholes in their life to fuck off. And if that doesn't work any reasonably intelligent person can surely think up a way to stop that shit in its tracks. Dont be a victim.

There's nothing wrong with replacing the Outlook received email sound with a "You've got mail" .wav file.

Also, optical drives randomly opening and closing or PC speaker playing the Imperial March is completely normal.

I wonder how these numbers compare to other office professions?

Your post made me think of This. :D

Victim blaming, classic.

And your response to him is classic case of avoiding the discussion and instead trying to demonize anyone who doesn't instantly agree 100% with something.

The truth is there we as a society are raising many children, who when they become adults are incapable in dealing with anything even remotely negative without looking for someone to blame.

The problem I see here is how do we define what's bullying.

Are co workers showing bad attitudes considered bullying? In my opinion, it's not. I've met many different kind of co workers, rude ones, pushy ones, lazy ones, illogical ones etc etc. It many not be fun dealing with these people, but it's just the reality of most work places. We will always have to deal with all kind of people wherever we are, and it's not about expecting others to be nice to us all the time. We just have to maintain our own professionalism even when others are not.

Exactly!

people need to stop being fucking betas, smh

It's not about being beta or alpha. It's about being a professional and treating people with respect regardless of title.

I've only has one situation years ago with an abusive bully boss. It was hell but I ended up on top because I held my ground and when it finally came to a head I filed a very public grievance and he backed down eventually leaving for another job.

Unless you own the company, if you are abusive ass your day will come where you screw up and nobody is there to help you perform a controlled crash.

And your response to him is classic case of avoiding the discussion and instead trying to demonize anyone who doesn't instantly agree 100% with something.

Was he, or was he not, blaming the victims? Yes? No?

You don't do that. Period. Is that a difficult concept to grasp?

The truth is there we as a society are raising many children, who when they become adults are incapable in dealing with anything even remotely negative without looking for someone to blame.

Did you even RTFA? This isn't about criticism, it's about BULLYING. Are you really that thick?

It's irrelevant. In a work environment you behave professionally. END OF. This isn't fucking high-school, it's the workplace. You call the people being bullied 'children'? No, the children are those doing the bullying because apparently they haven't grown up at all.

You bullying enablers make me sick.

We have some real badasses in this thread. I bet they even wear a t-shirt and shorts outside when it's snowing.

Victim blaming, classic.

No kidding. Ducman, the calling names is not what hurts employees in general. It's being unwanted by your coworkers, which sucks. Who wants to work at a job where you can't have a conversation with anybody, go out for drinks, etc.?

Pretty sure it just means some people are unprofessional and can't interact with people at work as a professional. I've definitely had bosses that had issues talking to people properly, unable to rely criticism without harassing people. Really the only issue are people who can't keep emotion out of the workplace, end up escalating stuff that doesn't need to be making the workplace hostile.

They need to learn to let the bullying go becoming more zen like and ignoring the bullying and learning to laugh at it befriending it.

I bet they even wear a t-shirt and shorts outside when it's snowing.

Don't forget flip-flops :)
That's pretty much what I wear year round.

Besides, it was 80 here last weekend.
Just because it's snowing/freezing on the east coast, doesn't mean that I have to dress for snow when I live on the west coast and it's 80+

No kidding. Ducman, the calling names is not what hurts employees in general. It's being unwanted by your coworkers, which sucks. Who wants to work at a job where you can't have a conversation with anybody, go out for drinks, etc.?

If nobody wants to work with you, that's a personal problem.

Some people just aren't likable, its a fact of life. Nothing can change that.

Victim blaming, classic.

65% of people ARE NOT being bullied, that's my point. Not anything that I would actually consider bullying.

And the reason for that, as I've explained, is that we have people that champion a victim mentality. Its not only acceptable to portray yourself as a weak victim, but in fact hugely advantageous and considered BRAVE, and overreactions from management/authority is tremendous. Don't like a coworker? Just blow up and act devastated and massively offended by a joke made at work. If you're lucky, you can even get him fired from his job.

I still can't think of a better example than soccer, but would you say that "flopping" is a problem in that sport? Does it mean that there aren't very rarely legitimate fouls? Nope, but there is an inherent problem with how the "anti-bullying" is handled by authority to where a huge percentage of the players (say 65% like in this "study") go out of their way to dramatize the slightest touch (or invent it entirely). Its not a good thing, and its not "victim blaming", because THERE IS NO VICTIM!

I am the only IT person at the location I work at.

Most all the guys working there badger all the other guys about everything.. all the time.

It is all in fun.

If you are an IT person and are "getting bullied", then you need to grow a pair and fight back. A bully is only a bully because he is allowed to be a bully.

So if there are actually IT workers that are suffering from physical violence to their person, where they are being duck taped to flag poles or have their heads shoved in toilets, them my greatest sympathies and that is wrong. But I can assure you that the "bullying" is a little quip or remark from a coworker, and guys these days just start flailing and crying instead of simply retorting back something like "Dicks must be pretty high in calories, or how else did you get so fat Charles?"

That all sounds like an immediate defense that a bully would make.

That all sounds like an immediate defense that a bully would make.
That sounds like an immediate defense of a hardcore left winger towards criticism of their perpetuated fear-culture against speech, where feigning devastating mental injury over an overheard word or two is used as a tool to ruin people they don't like or at least silence what they don't want to hear.

Hell, even leftists like Bill Maher are annoyed with this crap: http://youtu.be/ipu0ifyC-Xc?t=2m52s

Or do you really think that over six out of ten people in IT are really being "bullied" to a serious extent, or is it possible we are just encouraging whining as an empowering tool?

Was he, or was he not, blaming the victims? Yes? No?

You don't do that. Period. Is that a difficult concept to grasp?

Did you even RTFA? This isn't about criticism, it's about BULLYING. Are you really that thick?

It's irrelevant. In a work environment you behave professionally. END OF. This isn't fucking high-school, it's the workplace. You call the people being bullied 'children'? No, the children are those doing the bullying because apparently they haven't grown up at all.

You bullying enablers make me sick.

Yes I read the article, did you? All it says is 65% of IT professionals THINK they've been bullied, that does not mean they have been, which is what the poster you originally responded to was addressing.

I never said those being bullied are children, and to try and claim so really points out that you have issues dealing with disagreement and you probably need to chill.

This really makes me think of a discussion that took place a few weeks ago where I work, someone received a last chance notice for poor attendance, despite our having one of the most lenient attendance policies I've seen, and claimed he was being unfairly targeted on attendance simply because he didn't "show up to work all the time."

This isn't elementary school and no one is blaming a 9 year old for being bullied. We're talking about educated adults in a work force. You really think that a majority of work places with IT people have some classic example of a school-house bully? These are adults, if someone you work with gives you a problem then you call them out on it in private and deal with it. No one is picking on some little boy/girl that gets bullied and doesn't know how to deal with it. The "victim blaming" shit is ridiculous in this case.

People shit on one another in offices fairly frequently, calling it bullying is pretty over the top. Yeah, there are people who make it their goal in life to make other people miserable at work, but they're rare. I think some people really want to be victimised these days. I'm, going to say something that has probably never been uttered on the internet:

People are generally good.

This isn't elementary school and no one is blaming a 9 year old for being bullied. We're talking about educated adults in a work force.

Honestly, if the kind of crap that goes on in a high school was common in a work place people would be in prison for all sorts of felonies. We use the term "bullying" far too readily now.

I have to say that I'm a victim of bullying and worker intimidation to the point where I went to a completely different shift (graveyard) and sacrificed a personal life just to avoid a situation where I was inches away from going postal. What this particular person was doing to me was wrong, and smacks of age discrimination, but two wrongs do not make a right. The short term satisfaction would have been more than offset by the long term career-damaging consequences.

Besides, I am also believe in karma. It just takes a long while.

Know what city has a lot of tech workers? San Fran
Know what city you know a lot about the tech workers in? San Fran
Give a noogie or a slugbug and you're fired and a twitter campaign is started against you.

IT people are considered customer service at most corporations and usually only turn up when someone is having a problem or is in a stressful situation. the person with the issue will probably behave badly towards the IT person in those situations until a resolution is reached or a solution is provided and the IT person(s) have been trained to accept it BUT you can head that shit right off by simply making it clear you wont take it from the gate and make it clear you are trying to help.

Admittedly some people are more determined to be bullies than others and you might have to deal with some fallout but no one is ever going to fault you for confronting bad/unprofessional/demeaning/threatening behavior.

Beyon all that above, I agree with Ducman. Ive been called a bully for disagreeing with someone, proving someone wrong or choosing to do things my own way instead of someone else's way. very butthurt society we have here.

The problem is on BOTH sides. So many people are becoming radicalized about the individual group(s) and type(s) of people they identify with, that they are increasingly hating everyone else that does not not identify EXACTLY the same way they do. Not my race/ethnitcity? I hate you. Not my national origin? I hate you. Not my gender? I hate you. Not my geographic origin? I hate you. Not my religious (or lack of) belief? I hate you. Not my political party? I hate you. Do not like the same movies? I hate you. I am dead serious about that last one. More and more people are just constantly looking for every little thing for which to hate or condemn someone. And all the various minorities are doing it just as much as the various majorities.

It's every man, woman, and child for him/herself because "that's the American Way," and it's the same way in other nations, they just call it other things. If someone is different than you, they are an enemy, and it's either you or them, all or nothing. There cannot be justice for everyone, there can only be the winners and the losers, and your group(s) can only be the winner(s) if everyone else is dominated and oppressed.

Guess what happens after you are "condemned" by one of these people? They start actively going out of the way to treat you like garbage, attempt to manipulate you (including pretending to be your friend in order to try to screw you over), try to turn others against you (who will turn on you even if they have never met you if it benefits them), etc... I've had it happen countless times to me and seen it happen countless times to others - doesn't matter in what setting/environment.

This is bullying, and this attitude is rapidly growing/spreading everywhere. It definitely was not always this bad. HOWEVER, as I said, the problem is on both sides. Just as many people are bullying are also participating in the "victim culture," in fact, it is often the very same people bullying others. Happening in your personal life? Cease any contact with those idiots - that's what I do anytime someone tries to start up that BS with me. If you're hanging out with them, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Happening at work? Stand up to them, tell them to get lost and/or completely ignore them. Don't play the game with them. And seriously, don't take offense to the smallest of things that did not mean anything in the first place - that is not even bullying. Stop being so sensitive to what (idiots?) say. Also, if you're one of the bullies - don't start bullying in the first place and maybe you will have less enemies bullying you.

As for the earlier example of people in the office not wanting to hang out with you? So what. Either they are a******* or you are. If you are, then maybe if you stopped being one they would want to hang out with you. If they are, why do you want to hang out with them? You're getting paid to do your work and after you do your work, you can go wherever you want, with whoever you want, to do whatever you want. Why are you desperate to hang out with some jerks? Make friends outside of work if you do not have enough friends to accompany you in spare time outside of work. This is definitely an example of "victim culture," not bullying at all. Bullying would be if those people were going out of their way to make you miserable or constantly treating you and/or everyone else like garbage INSIDE the workplace.

As for the IT workplace specifically, unfortunately it seems an increasing amount of IT "geeks" have taken up the mantra of geek elitism where they try to make themselves feel better about the sad state of their lives by trying to act like it's an "elite" privilege to be part of their group of geek losers (no life outside of computers/games). Either you are a stereotypical geek loser like they are, or you're an enemy, even if you too are a geek, just not the loser type. This is probably one of the leading causes of an increase in bullying in the IT industry specifically, along with victim culture.

I have to agree with the people stating we are in a over butt hurt society. Hell just look at the political correctness bullshit we have. Anything that is said or done is some type of attack against a person's gender, race, religion, sexual preference.... You didn't let me bring a gun to school? it is because I am a gay black midget and you are trying to take my rights away.

Of the 65% that think they are being bullied, my guess is that at least decent chunk of them are the type of male that you think about when you think about a nerd. Type of guy that still lives at home or lives alone, doesn't know how to interact with the average person...

Just like the person above that brought up not being able to talk to your coworkers, not being able to go out and get drinks... if you can't talk to any coworkers in your office that sounds more like a problem with you and less about the people that you work with. Don't walk up to them and ask who do they think which DC comic book character would win in a fight, Spiderman or green arrow. I know that I have a some what limited experience, but I have never been anywhere that I couldn't just start up some conversation with somebody during my time working in IT inside or outside of work if I wanted to. The main thing is to be a normal person around normal people, be a geek around other geeks. If you don't know how to act around people then yes they will find you annoying and not want you around. At the same time, have you made the effort to talk to the people? Have you made an effort to ask people out for drinks after work or to join them? If not then you can be appearing to be just as stuck up and rude to them as you consider them to be.

It all goes back to what is being said by a few people here, too many people want to make themselves to be the victim and just take things as being bullied. I am not a bully in any way shape or form, hell I was bullied growing up due to have multiple speech impediments. And I was reported to HR by my former coworker in the IT area for being mean to him. Given that he was there longer than me I should have been showing him more respect, I should have been having him give me task to do instead of me planning out task for us to do, I should have valued all opinions of his and tried them out in full before explaining why they were wrong and wouldn't work instead of instantly going to something that I knew would work and saying why his idea would not, I should have waited till he felt like doing any task or project instead of advancing on projects when I wasn't busy on anything else, I should have turned down all offerings to advance in the company and instead deferred them to him instead since he had seniority and should be given raises and promotions before me, His wife told him to make sure to talk to HR about that as she didn't think he was being treated with enough respect and that I was being mean to him. My meeting with upper management was just them all laughing about the entire report and somebody actually telling them that their wife said they weren't being treated like a man and with respect. Looking at him as an example here, he would be one of the 65% that feel bullied. Yet nobody bullies him. He is lazy, doesn't do his job, what he does try he screws up so people don't like asking him to do anything. He has zero social skills so people don't like trying to talk to him as it is like trying to talk with a 7 year old with ADHD. So it isn't that anyone bullies him, they just don't interact with him unless they have to, which is much different that going out of ones way to be mean or abuse somebody in any way. But in his eyes he would report that he is bullied by lots of people at work.

I have to agree with the people stating we are in a over butt hurt society. Hell just look at the political correctness bullshit we have. Anything that is said or done is some type of attack against a person's gender, race, religion, sexual preference.... You didn't let me bring a gun to school? it is because I am a gay black midget and you are trying to take my rights away.

Of the 65% that think they are being bullied, my guess is that at least decent chunk of them are the type of male that you think about when you think about a nerd. Type of guy that still lives at home or lives alone, doesn't know how to interact with the average person...

Just like the person above that brought up not being able to talk to your coworkers, not being able to go out and get drinks... if you can't talk to any coworkers in your office that sounds more like a problem with you and less about the people that you work with. Don't walk up to them and ask who do they think which DC comic book character would win in a fight, Spiderman or green arrow. I know that I have a some what limited experience, but I have never been anywhere that I couldn't just start up some conversation with somebody during my time working in IT inside or outside of work if I wanted to. The main thing is to be a normal person around normal people, be a geek around other geeks. If you don't know how to act around people then yes they will find you annoying and not want you around. At the same time, have you made the effort to talk to the people? Have you made an effort to ask people out for drinks after work or to join them? If not then you can be appearing to be just as stuck up and rude to them as you consider them to be.

It all goes back to what is being said by a few people here, too many people want to make themselves to be the victim and just take things as being bullied. I am not a bully in any way shape or form, hell I was bullied growing up due to have multiple speech impediments. And I was reported to HR by my former coworker in the IT area for being mean to him. Given that he was there longer than me I should have been showing him more respect, I should have been having him give me task to do instead of me planning out task for us to do, I should have valued all opinions of his and tried them out in full before explaining why they were wrong and wouldn't work instead of instantly going to something that I knew would work and saying why his idea would not, I should have waited till he felt like doing any task or project instead of advancing on projects when I wasn't busy on anything else, I should have turned down all offerings to advance in the company and instead deferred them to him instead since he had seniority and should be given raises and promotions before me, His wife told him to make sure to talk to HR about that as she didn't think he was being treated with enough respect and that I was being mean to him. My meeting with upper management was just them all laughing about the entire report and somebody actually telling them that their wife said they weren't being treated like a man and with respect. Looking at him as an example here, he would be one of the 65% that feel bullied. Yet nobody bullies him. He is lazy, doesn't do his job, what he does try he screws up so people don't like asking him to do anything. He has zero social skills so people don't like trying to talk to him as it is like trying to talk with a 7 year old with ADHD. So it isn't that anyone bullies him, they just don't interact with him unless they have to, which is much different that going out of ones way to be mean or abuse somebody in any way. But in his eyes he would report that he is bullied by lots of people at work.

Man, hit it right on the head. Theres a guy like that in my office too - luckily he isnt in a position of authority. Basically came into an entry level IT Support position thinking he was the greatest thing since sliced bread - but isnt certified for ANYTHING, and has no experience doing anything outside of replacing hard drives, vid cards and ram modules. We invited him out for drinks a few times and when he finally accepted, he ended up being the "anti-social-terrible-joke-and-storyteller-guy" we kinda suspected he'd be. Seriously, who the fuck goes out for drinks with late 20 early 30 somethings and talks about goddamned Pokemon Sapphire being the best of the series? Now we kinda just let him do his own thing, until he needs help again or whenever he wants to bring up the same lame-o story about xxxyyyzzz he told us last week, last month, etc.

Reminds me of a line from Chris Rock stand-up. "Man why dont you go get kidnapped or something so you have better shit to talk about when you get back."

Come on, bruh.

We invited him out for drinks a few times and when he finally accepted, he ended up being the "anti-social-terrible-joke-and-storyteller-guy" we kinda suspected he'd be.

Anti-social and joke/storyteller at same time? How is that possible lol? But yeah, pokemon series not so interesting a subject in your 20s :) Did you guys try asking his opinion on something else lol?

Anti-social and joke/storyteller at same time? How is that possible lol? But yeah, pokemon series not so interesting a subject in your 20s :) Did you guys try asking his opinion on something else lol?

Lol, you know how people always open up after a couple of brews. He started off not really saying much to anyone, but about 30 minutes of bs'ing, maybe 3rd round he decides to join the festivities - but he's frikking TERRIBLE at it lol. Which could be worked with if he at least kept on on the hygiene front. Seriously man its a mess.

I make no claims to be rico-suave-smooth with the ladies or drop dead funny - but most people who have a life beyond their hobbies is generally well rounded enough to be able to have a good time without looking or sounding like 12 year old. Not this guy.

Somebody can be both. Antisocial to the point where they won't really interact with people but when pressed to do so make up stories or try to make jokes thinking they are fitting in and only come off weird. Almost to a point of being more socially awkward more then being antisocial. Where they don't interact much because they don't know or understand how to so wait trying to figure out how to start interacting with people

Lol, you know how people always open up after a couple of brews. He started off not really saying much to anyone, but about 30 minutes of bs'ing, maybe 3rd round he decides to join the festivities - but he's frikking TERRIBLE at it lol. Which could be worked with if he at least kept on on the hygiene front. Seriously man its a mess.

I make no claims to be rico-suave-smooth with the ladies or drop dead funny - but most people who have a life beyond their hobbies is generally well rounded enough to be able to have a good time without looking or sounding like 12 year old. Not this guy.

I understand what you mean and can fully relate

If you are inhouse IT support then the others should fear YOU, not the other way round.

I can already tell I would never go out for drinks, you seem like an obnoxious complainer.

But then again, who the fuck cares? I don't go to work to socialize...I go to work to make a living and give myself a purpose on this world. I couldn't give a rats ass if I didn't hang out with any co-workers outside work because I don't define myself based on the relationships I have with the people I work with. You are exactly what Ducman describes.

Back