Many blue screens with in seconds with Ryzen

still crashing...

wow just wow.

There's no point in even bothering with the OS if it's not even Memtest stable. You have a serious hardware problem that's causing constant data corruption. I'd tear the whole thing down and remount the CPU just to be sure everything is seated properly and undamaged. If swapping the RAM doesn't fix it it's probably the motherboard.

if the new ram does not work I am going to RMA the whole system and get a replacement CPU and sell it for like $350 on ebay and if I can't get a replacement CPU I will sell this used one and take what ever loses i have to and go with Nvidia/10core I9 2 months from now

Last edited:
We're going to end this bulllshit point you're trying to make, but not with you spouting off incorrect information, no matter where you believed you worked at some point in time that I care nothing about.
Sure...whatever. You're still wrong on too many points for me to bother with. I gave some links. Hopefully the OP will read them if he'd like to educate himself. Wouldn't hurt if you did the same, but I'm not holding my breath.

and you are "Fucking aware" how motherboard makers use that information?
Let me tell you my MSI mobo does NOT use XMP values even though I select XMP1 profile... they are close But are not those values. I had to enter the values in manually

Just because you make wheels doesn't make you a good race driver
...and the fact that your motherboard refuses to use the XMP profile selected is relevant how, exactly? Whole 'nother subject, sparky.

Epyon,

Have you tried removing each stick of ram in turn and trying to isolate the fault to just one stick? I've seen one faulty stick of ram many times in the past, even straight out of the box, and one of those times was on a Ryzen system.

Epyon,

Have you tried removing each stick of ram in turn and trying to isolate the fault to just one stick? I've seen one faulty stick of ram many times in the past, even straight out of the box, and one of those times was on a Ryzen system.

Yes troubleshooting 101: As a first thing, return everything to stock clocks. Absolutely no overclocking! Then remove every possible extra component from the system. Leave only a bare minimum that you can boot with. To rule out graphics card and you have an internal GPU, remove even the graphics card and see if it's stable on the internal GPU. If it still gives errors, try switching the ram stick and/or hard drive if you have more than one. If it still has errors then you know it's either your power supply, main board, cpu or all your ram sticks are the wrong type.

I did not take the ram out 1 stick at a time. When it was erroring out like the above pictures I thought both were bad. Newegg is overnighting some new ram to me. I had to pay 50% of the cost to overnight. But they were nice. New sticks will be here 8-9-17. If for some reason I am getting more errors I will remove 1 stick at a time. But at that point I have already made my choice to return everything and take the hit. I hope its the ram and not the mainboard i really do like the 8 cores this thing has.

I was considering an upgrade to Ryzen, but it honestly seems to be having it's share of issues, especially under my preferred OS.

My good 'ol Hex core Xeon's never given me a hint of trouble.

Best of luck Epyon!

Thanks man. When you need your shit to just work pay the intel price. I need my shit to work.

I did not take the ram out 1 stick at a time. When it was erroring out like the above pictures I thought both were bad. Newegg is overnighting some new ram to me. I had to pay 50% of the cost to overnight. But they were nice. New sticks will be here 8-9-17. If for some reason I am getting more errors I will remove 1 stick at a time. But at that point I have already made my choice to return everything and take the hit. I hope its the ram and not the mainboard i really do like the 8 cores this thing has.

Slight correction: Don't remove 1 stick at a time but insert 1 stick _only_ at a time. If one fails/works, check the next one until you know which ones are bad.

In some cases problems only manifest themselves until you enable dual / tri path memory addressing so if you're unlucky your system will work with any single stick but fail when you add them in pairs or triplets.

If the latter happens then it's either your motherboard or you have incompatible ram.

still crashing and it seems AMD has a set of chipset drivers you can install after you do your motherboard chipset drivers. About 1/2 way in the computer crashed and now when you boot into windows I can't get to the download folder to even try and reinstall them the computer won't open anything and just stalls.

wow just wow.

going to have to reformat again when the new memory gets here on the 8-9-17

Have you updated your bios yet? If not that needs to be the first thing you do with the new memory installed. You just need to make a flash drive formatted to fat32 and put the bios file on it.

To rule out graphics card and you have an internal GPU, remove even the graphics card and see if it's stable on the internal GPU
ryzen 1800x doesn't have an igpu. his board may have onboard hdmi but that is for supporting the coming apus. everything else you suggested was bang on.

OK, I have what may be a dumb question here... You sound pretty new to doing PC builds, and there is no problem with that, but...

You have an 1800x - they don't come with a heatsink/fan, so what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? Did you peel off the plastic cover it likely has? Did you apply any thermal paste? Is the cooler mounted correctly and firmly?

That's how i know you did not read the whole thread. You seek Post #4

Mvmiller12,
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAADY5BC4478
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139033

The 2 side panels and top panel are off. Temps when it was working lol 35-40 booting to windows 74.5 Full load running keyshot.

Yes things were installed correctly. I was not careless.

I saw no reference to the hardware in use, only a reference to load temp ~74C. No rudeness was implied, just trying to cover all bases - an improper HS/Fan install is both easy to do and can still keep temps looking normal-ish while not doing all it is supposed to be doing (and 74 under load just seems high to me, but my systems are always on a water loop). It's just that the severity and quickness of the failures you are getting are indicating that you have a major hardware fault somewhere, and my experience in the tech field has taught me that people skip checking "the basics" all too often.

Again, no insult or rudeness was intended, just trying to help you track down your problem.

ryzen 1800x doesn't have an igpu. his board may have onboard hdmi but that is for supporting the coming apus. everything else you suggested was bang on.

Yes I omitted the 'if' on the GPU part. I thought it may be misread.

Mvmiller12,

Not your fault its mine.

I am running a Asrock mini itx/ac X370. I am thinking about going with a 240 AIO. It just scares me to go offshore for 21 days at a time while this thing is running 24/7 most of the time I am offshore. Still it seems people are not having problems.

Mvmiller12,

Not your fault its mine.

I am running a Asrock mini itx/ac X370. I am thinking about going with a 240 AIO. It just scares me to go offshore for 21 days at a time while this thing is running 24/7 most of the time I am offshore. Still it seems people are not having problems.

Don't tell me you're mining cryptoshit...

I'M MINING CRYPTOSHIT BABY

I'm running Keyshot. It is a rendering 3d program. It only uses cpu cores. 16 threads is really nice to get an idea of what its going to look like but once you start adding lights and 4k and 8k textures it can take time to render. It would be nice to load it down with different lights scenes and HDRI's and then click 1000 samples for each render (how many times light bounces off a texture/object). I don't think it would run 21 days straight but i can see around 10 days or so. Just depends on your settings. Might be less time I did not really get to see how powerful the Ryzen was before all the crashes.

Mvmiller12,

Not your fault its mine.

If you are going to be running the system for days at a time under load, the AIO is highly recommended - but that is an entirely different topic :).

I just built a system for my GF this weekend with a Ryzen 1600, Gigabyte Gaming 3 (AB350 chipset), and some g.skill cheap ass RAM with no issues.

Definitely ensure you are on the latest BIOS and also check the motherboard manufacturer's recommendation for which slots to use for each RAM channel. It shouldn't matter which channel you use, but make sure you use the correct pair of slots. In Gigabyte's manual, they recommended a particular pair of slots if using two DIMMS.

We know these things are RAM sensitive, but I'd double check your cooler install like Mvmiller12 suggested. I used an H55 AIO cooler for my build.

I am on Asrocks mini itx/ac with 3.00 Bio updated. I only have 2 memory slots and I will check the cooler and wires.

Good news is Fed Ex overnight came and i got my 2x 16gb sticks. Windows is reinstalled and drivers are loaded from Asrock site. Amd chipset drivers loaded.

Starting Overnight test of H.265 encoding while I sleep. Temps are 35-40 at boot I am going to guess 74.2 at load like last time.

If the next 5 days of load works out with H.265 and Keyshot I will start looking at some Water coolers.

No green screens from the video card yet either but its only been an hour.

Last edited:
Good news is Fed Ex overnight came and i got my 2x 16gb sticks. Windows is reinstalled and drivers are loaded from Asrock site. Amd chipset drivers loaded.

Starting Overnight test of H.265 encoding while I sleep. Temps are 35-40 at boot I am going to guess 74.2 at load like last time.

If the next 5 days of load works out with H.265 and Keyshot I will start looking at some Water coolers.

No green screens from the video card yet either but its only been an hour.

How has the system been since the new memory was installed?

System is going real good. Its really fast in Keyshot with the renders it just blows my mind away. Right now I am getting around 12 images done in Key shot per night at crazy resolutions 7680x3787 I don't have really high setting but just the fact it can get 12 images done at that res is crazy Once i really put the bells on i can see it dropping to about 5-6 images every 8 hours or so. Its going to be crazy the amount of Scenes I am going to be able to Que and come back after 21 days of offshore work and have All these renders to play with when i go back offshore. Handbrake is fast too. old computer (6 years) was 6-7 fps and now I am getting 20-24 fps. I am really happy. No green screens from the video card either. I might go 16 cores later on but I can see 2+ years on this system from what I have seen. I am really really happy with what I am seeing in Keyshot with 16 threads going to be nuts with 32 threads later on. But I am going to wait for everything to mature before i upgrade that is for sure.

Computer has been doing either Keyshot or Handbrake the whole time no problems. I think I am going to buy a AIO to start and then move up from there.

Very glad to hear your replacement RAM resolved the issues you were experiencing. Welcome to the Ryzen family, sir. :)

Back