Mantle is REALLY here now! (Driver out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not install this garbage if you have crossfire. this is a warning from my own experience.

Well shit, I have 14.1 installed now and when I go to the Options menu in BF4 the game crashes to desktop ... every time.

Well shit, I have 14.1 installed now and when I go to the Options menu in BF4 the game crashes to desktop ... every time.

holy shit your right, same thing just happened to me

just installed the drivers on mine.

ran the star swarm benchmark, with and with out mantle.

With Mantle: Follow, Settings Extreme, Stress Test 6 mins
Test Duration: 360 Seconds
Total Frames: 21091

Average FPS: 58.59
Average Unit Count: 4585
Maximum Unit Count: 5844
Average Batches/MS: 912.86
Maximum Batches/MS: 2144.20
Average Batch Count: 18815
Maximum Batch Count: 117833

Without Mantle Follow, Settings Extreme, Stress Test 6 mins

Total Frames: 11935

Average FPS: 33.14
Average Unit Count: 4120
Maximum Unit Count: 5482
Average Batches/MS: 482.22
Maximum Batches/MS: 984.68
Average Batch Count: 17164
Maximum Batch Count: 124215

numbers are not the highest ( very causal runs with tons of other work stuff open). In this run though mantle just about doubles the performance in star swarm. I will be diving into BF4 here in a bit. Rig specs are in sig, though the graphics card is at 1050 core/1400 mem atm.

just installed the drivers on mine.

ran the star swarm benchmark, with and with out mantle.

With Mantle: Follow, Settings Extreme, Stress Test 6 mins
Total Frames: 21091

Average FPS: 58.59
Average Unit Count: 4585
Maximum Unit Count: 5844
Average Batches/MS: 912.86
Maximum Batches/MS: 2144.20
Average Batch Count: 18815
Maximum Batch Count: 117833

Without Mantle Follow, Settings Extreme, Stress Test 6 mins

Total Frames: 11935

Average FPS: 33.14
Average Unit Count: 4120
Maximum Unit Count: 5482
Average Batches/MS: 482.22
Maximum Batches/MS: 984.68
Average Batch Count: 17164
Maximum Batch Count: 124215

numbers are not the highest ( very causal runs with tons of other work stuff open). In this run though mantle just about doubles the performance in star swarm. I will be diving into BF4 here in a bit. Rig specs are in sig, though the graphics card is at 1050 core/1400 mem atm.

those are huge gains though lol!

Played a few more BF4 maps.

My performance is probably close to double on average. Shit's bonkers.

do you have to tell it to use mantle? or just does it?

holy shit your right, same thing just happened to me

I fixed this by disabling my integrated GPU in device manager. It has fixed the exact issue for over 10 people already on the BF4 bug forums. Try it, it should fix it.

do you have to tell it to use mantle? or just does it?

You have to tell BF4 to use Mantle.

Instructions
1. You need the latest BF4 update, which came out a few days ago and auto patched through Origin.
2. You need AMD 14.1 beta drivers.

Once you do, in game hit Options/Video Settings. On the left pane at the top is a renderer option, DirectX or Mantle. Change, exit/save and close the game. Restart, enjoy 20+ FPS

Driver did not treat my 7950 very well...:(

With Mantle enabled, I was getting some odd jitter/frame skipping. Under DX11, my game would crash frequently :eek:

Frame rate-wise, I didn't really see a noticeable improvement. I understand the 7000 series tweaks are not fully implemented, but users on the BF4 forums are reporting large gains on their 78xx series.

Back on 13.12 and all is well. I will wait for a revision or 2 before I try again.
DX 11 performance is quite solid for me anyway so i'm not terribly let down.

Having major issues in Crossfire 290X's with this... Running 5400X1920 :-(

Didn't even try Mantle.

Mantle cannot do Multi-GPU right now.

Mantle cannot do Eyefinity in Portrait configuration.

My 7950 was stuttering as well. The frame-time graph bounces between 16ms and 33ms like mad. Turning off vsync fixed it; triple buffering doesn't seem to be working.

edit: nm. seems to be working fine. I did the processor count tweak though. maybe that fixed it

Last edited:
for those crashing in BF4, can you try disabling the onboard GPU, if you have one?

Note, I haven't had one bit of crashing in my testing today, I've hit every map in the game, in D3D 11 and Mantle.

Those with crashing problems, make sure you properly removed all of your previous AMD driver, registry, driver cache INF storage area, everything.

This utility will do it: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ver-uninstaller-ddu-v11-1-released-01-23-14-/

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Brent, you should add that disabling the Integrated GPU in device manager will in fact, fix the Options crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back