Manned Multi-Rotor Super Drone Flying Machine

I'm not 100% sure if he is just scared of going more than a foot or 2 off the ground... or if the thing can't produce enough lift to actually go higher than a foot or 2 off the ground.

If it can get him several feet off of the ground, it can keep going!

Awesome that someone made this in garage at home, but isn't the term manned drone a misnomer?

Drone has been generally used to described a unmanned aerial craft, but this one is obviously manned.

Yes, it's a misnomer and an oxymoron. I hate it when certain words get overused so much that they get applied to everything. The word becomes more meaningless over time.

I'm not 100% sure if he is just scared of going more than a foot or 2 off the ground... or if the thing can't produce enough lift to actually go higher than a foot or 2 off the ground.

Any reason it couldn't go higher? Even the little quads we use go up atleast a kilometer (i.e. cloud surfing). Once you're no longer supported by ground effect, you can just keep going as long as there's air... and batteries...

well he did pick a bad place to test it, appears to be a small field near houses surrounded by trees. should have tried to find a more open spot.

Or he wants them there so he doesn't end up in china if it does a flyaway.

This what happens when you want to one up your crazy neighbor with the helium balloons tied to his lawn chair...

Multi-rotor? Poly-rotor!

Makes a bitchin' leaf blower.

That so reminded me of this:

bitchin.jpg

Back