Man Tries To Rob Store Using A PS3 Controller

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some dude tried to rob a store using a PS3 controller. I guess this is one time you won't hear anything from the "keyboardandmouseissuperiortoaconsolecontroller" crowd. :D

Police said a St. Petersburg man attempted to rob a convenience store using a Sony Playstation remote control. According to reports, Cameron Pittman, 20, hid the game controller in his pocket and pretended it was a gun as he tried to rob the Sun Food Store on 62nd Avenue S.

A keyboard and mouse would of still been superior. At least the corded kind in this case. They are heavier and could of been used like a flail...instead of fail..

Dude musy have never watched Bandits. He should have known to use a large highlighter.

Clearly the keyboard/mouse would have resulted in a successful store robbery, where the console remote was merely an attempt
A keyboard hidden in your pocket would have appeared to be a much bigger gun and no one would mess with you
And the click sound of the mouse would be like cocking the weapon

2dqswoo.png

don't worry tho, I'm sure they will get some lawyer who blame society and video games for his misfortunes that led him to a life of crime. I'm sure he owns GTA

The funny thing is, you could probably get a toy gun that looks more realistic for less than the cost of a PS3 controller.

I wonder if he did the up up down down left right left right B A start?
So if he got shot he still has 29 to go.

I love these stupid criminal stories. And BTW, from the mug shot, the guy looks totally innocent. :p

What's really funny, is that it seems from the article, that the same tactic actually worked for him at a Subway on another occasion.

This guy got greedy with that remote. first robbed a subway and then he go down the street and try to rob a convenience store. not a smart move.

Lol, I remember when I was a kid I cut the cord off my zapper and used it as a toy gun.

In hindsight it was probably a really stupid idea but not as dumb as this one.

A keyboard and mouse would of still been superior. At least the corded kind in this case. They are heavier and could of been used like a flail...instead of fail..

An old keyboard with a steel back plate could lay the beat down on any console controller carrying thug. :)

Back